Accidentally said the "L" word?

I was leaving a message for my boyfriend of 4 months and as I was saying by I said I
Ok love you! I caught myself as I said it and quickly said like you but holy hell I think just jumbled it up and he may have heard it. I didn't mean to say it... Not that it's not true but I didn't want to be the first one to go there. I am freaking out! We did talk and he didn't mention it and I certainly didn't either. Now I'm worried that when I see him he may bring it up or it will be awkward. How should I handle this slip of the tongue?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think he'll bring it up. and if he does just say you got your words twisted that's all and then both of you will laugh it off and go back to normal.

• Good advice I am so embarrassed I don't even want to see him face to face right now.

• hahaa you're going to give yourself away if you shift your patterns now. :D

• You know what they say deny deny deny say you must be hearing things. Lol

What Guys Said 5

• Lol. Reminds me of the time my best girl "friend" said it to me. We saw each other everyday, then I went missing for about 2weeks. When I came by she started rambling then it just popped out LOL. Then she back tracked and said "no, no, no" haha. She asked me later if I heard what she said and I said "no" to which she said "good" and that was that, but I liked it =P

• Let it go, no big deal. If he feels like saying it back, he will. Now that's it out there, don't ignore it, yet don't try overpowering him on this. There's always a chance he didn't hear it, and if that's the case, don't rush into getting conclusions.

• No I just want to pretend it never happened until he wants to go there.

• then do so... just know that he might be thinking the same right...

• Why is it a mistake to tell someone you love that you love them?

Oh my God I just saw your age. Please... please grow up. God just please... relationships aren't high school games, just say what you feel and be ok with it.

• Did you mean it?

• I do but I didn't want to go there first.

• Its fine. I've been in the same position as him, he probably feels good about it. You put yourself out there and its hard but you did it and can't take it back.

• let it go and when he eaves just come out and say by the way I do love you see what he does or say

What Girls Said 3

• Awe that's cute... Maybe you could just leave it alone if it's not something you're feeling right now. And plus you did correct yourself after the slip up. Also, if you are not ready to say it for real then bringing it up would prob make it even more awkward.
    However, if you do feel like you do then why not say you must've subconsciously said it to him BC you really do and bring it up that way... I understand the whole 'I don't want to be the first to say it' but if you do then why not... It's just you expressing your feelings :). And even with the slip up he hasn't run away yet, so he may too! :D

• You are sounding as if it was the biggest blunder or something. I think you are not being natural. Loving someone and acknowledging it is the most beautiful thing :) Don't bring in ego there. If he had said it first, what difference would it make?

• I've done that before. It sounds like you covered it well, he'll realize that cuz its a common mistake. If he brings it up it'll prolly be cuz he wants to say it himself. Either way I think you're safe