Does real love exist anymore?

Hi, with divorce rate so high, cheating, materialistic gain, etc.. Is real love available?

Most Helpful Girl

• The greatest love is when a man is willing to lay down his life for his friends. - Jesus Christ

What Guys Said 7

• Yes it is. The problem is just that so many people nowadays are meaterialists and constantly want more, more, more. And the moment they face hardship, out comes the divorce papers.
    It's like havign a car. With how people behave, it's like they're bying a brand new car instead of replacing the damaged parts that makes the car run poorly. People no longer try to fix their marriages

Also the few that knows how to love true... well, chances are they does not get a partner like themselves

• It does exist, but its EXTREMELY rare. And more often that not, people who are capable of giving unprecedented love, end up with the wrong partners.

• Right? and why people who are capable of giving uprecedented love end up that way?

• Because more often than not, such people's love aren't reciprocated by their partners, and are often taken advantage of. This makes them believe that being kind and loving would only cause them emotional pain, so they change. This has been happening since decades now, and as a result the number of such people left are negligible today.

Its personally happened to me, though. I was cheated on by someone who i believed was the love of my life. It made me develop serious trust issues regarding women, and I felt I shouldn't never give my love so easily when no one is willing to accept it, and instead only want to exploit me. So I have directed all the love I had towards myself, so I only love 'myself' now and don't give two hoots about anyone else.

• i don't believe in love in general LOL

• Yes it exists. It's just not enough to keep people together that hadn't developed similar values to make it work. You gotta like the person you're with too. Respect them. You should do things to keep the romance alive in the relationship. When I'm 65 years old, I'm still gonna open the window for my wife to see me do yardwork. I'm still gonna smack her on the ass when walking past. Hug her without expectation of it leading to anything. Open the door for her. Cook dinner every once in awhile, take out the trash. Kiss her passionately like she is the love of my life, always has been and always will be.

• It doesn't exist!! Let me stump you. Explain love?

• Love is well... Being honest, kind and faithful to that special person and even if you have a hard time, overcome those issues TOGETHER! What I see today is a lot of dishonesty and unfaithfulness! Also just material convenience and not genuine "love".. What is your concept of love?

• You are saying... That humans can be "poligamous" amd still be happy... Cool?

• I'm not saying it... it happens. I am stating an observable fact. I can say it depends on what you like but love is not a concrete thing. It's an abstract, always contradictory thing. Thats why people struggle with it. Back in the day it was a norm to stay married or you go to hell. Many people stayed out of fear, not love. For me, you need two people with similar values in life (polygamy or monogamy or whatever) as well as other things and they will survive the longest.

• Yes, but it is rare.

• Yes it exists I've felt it so I would know.

What Girls Said 8

• I always ask myself the same question, i think people have different definitions of what love is, and thats when people become unhappy within relationships because both their expectaions are not met. Coz of their differences in their own definition of love, if both patrners take into account what the other persons needs and wants are intead of their own coming first, and making small sacrifices for each other, will prevent a lot of people drifting apart, love can be the most powerful and destructive thing, we all crave it, relationships need to be worked on all of the time, when people are together for a while they struggle to work at it, and give up

• hmmmm hard to tell

• I feel like it may but very rarely happens. More and more people seem to be getting married to someone, after a divorce for example, and I feel like they do it because they don't want to be alone. And they know they can be happy with them for a few years so they don't really do much looking. My dad is like that, my crush's dad was like that. Other family and friends are like that. It's rather disgusting

• yes, yes it does there's much much proof of it.
    true love is hard to find, but only the ones who lose hope,
    the ones who dont try,
    the ones who can't be bothered fixing whats broken
    ... theyre the ones who give up.

• It does exist, believe me. I've seen it in my best friend and the love of her life. Though she pretty much went through hell to get there, so I will admit that it's difficult to find and takes some determination, but it's worth it.

• Real love is rare. Everything else is just a weak facade of love. I've known too many unhappy married couples and broken families (personally experienced) as I've grown older, and it shattered my trust in love.

• Yup. Just takes along time to find it. sadly. ><

• Yeah love with always exist.