Why are men so damn confusing?

Is it that impossible to be straight up with women if you like her or not. I don't care about my feelings it's a simple yes or no in my world

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's not clear to you that a man likes you vs. doesn't like you, he probably doesn't like you.

I can't believe that women find men as complicated as men find women. Have you ever heard the saying: "If he's not happy, he's either hungry or horny." Well it's certainly not that simple, but keeping your man fed and sexually satisfied will usually be enough to keep him happy.

Don't overthink all our actions. Real men are usually direct about what they want. Keep it simple.

• I'm a thinker haha I'm going to think about it and wonder why he's acting like this one minute then this the next. Its confusing as shit I'm very straight forward.

• Well if he's not clear about how he feels about you, that's his problem. It's not your job to figure him out.

• True that, still going to be awkward regardless

What Guys Said 9

• It isn't MEN it is people. Men and Women both do this and it SUCKS. I agree with you. Just tell me Yes or No. I wear my big boy pants and can take it.

I am sorry that whatever happened to you, happened to you. There are lots of MALES in this world, but very few men.

• There's probably lots of little reasons but I think most of them revolve around the gulf between what men think women want and what women actually want. Even though most guys will swear up and down they're logical, emotionless thinkers we have plenty of capacity to over-think things and psych ourselves out.

For one thing, it sounds too simple. Most guys have it firmly in their heads that you have to be very smooth to get women. Something simple like blurting out that you like a girl sounds like it could never work. Every guy knows you have to you have recite Shakespeare, cast the level 6 attraction spell and hit AABB Select Start to unlock attraction mode in girls. Durrrr

Secondly, it sounds wimpy and guys think you have to be very alpha. You never see jocks or guys in movies say "Hey, I really like you". Also many guys have had bad luck with "confessing" to girls (usually suddenly and awkwardly) and have made personal vows never to try it again.

There's also deeper, heavier emotional things that can cause guys to be reticent. Yes guys have deep emotions, too. We're just usually oblivious to it. Not everybody can be as forward as you. Some guys just have baggage and they just won't spit it out. I've been guilty of this in my life and it's tough to work through.

• I respect not everyone is like me, but if I'm making obvious signs instead of straight out ignoring me now I'd prefer them but like look you're cool but I'm just not feeling it.
      Or I hate when men hang out with you one or two times and think they know you. I'm not comfortable until a few more times to show all of me so going based of a few times hanging out is stupid. You can't know if you like me or not.
      Oh well I guess, shit happens.

• Just because someone can't give you a straight answer, don't blame it on guys in general. In my world it is a simple yes or no too! lol

• Actually we ARE straight forward. It's usually women that either tend to over analyze or are so damn confusing/intimidating we have to find workarounds and alternative solutions to get our message across.

Sometimes you have to think twice about what you have to say because there's literally no way one can predict how a woman will react. So my guess is that you're acting in a way that makes a guy feel unsure how he should act in order not to lose opportunity to get along with you.

• I'm not so sure about the lose oppurunity part when he ignores me all the sudden.
      Secondly, do not stereotype me. I am far from like most women, and I can say that with the utter most confidence. I dont act by any ways like most my sex
      I am a very rational person and a old soul at heart who's very down to earth. So, in other words I am very wise for my age, and know how to rationlize my actions as well as mouth.

• Sorry the guy you're pining after is so wishy-washy. Maybe you should try a different one.

• Or give up
      That sounds like the better idea now days, I've been only the single bus going on three years. I'm to picky is my problem... Or I choose the wishy washy guys as you say

• Most guys aren't very difficult to read. I'm not sure what exactly it is that you're looking for a guy to be doing that they're not.

• Oh I kniw, I can read most people like a book, but this dude is impossible to read.

• Are you a dude? I say this not as an insult to you, but more as an ironic sentiment. Many guys constantly feel this way about girls. I like your approach: direct and to the point.

Hope you get your answer... soon.

• Haha nah I got my lady parts :p I'm just... Different, always have been. I'm honestly not even sure if I'm suppose to be 20 I have the mindset of an hour old person.

• Because Zubat used Confuse Ray on us and we keep hurting ourselves in confusion.

• U tell guys are confusing... but u have no idea how confusing u girls are!!! trust me all the boys would agree on this... XP

• The irony of this question from a women is pretty sweet.

• If you are referencing to my looks, those are only suoerfical my beauty is more then skin deep. Yet, I get fucked over more then honey boo boos mom

• I was not referring to you looks, nor was I talking about anything suoerfical.

What Girls Said 1

• yes but remember ur not the only woman in the world and they understand that some women take these things worse off than you would, thus you get treated the same way. we're not that simple to them either, so i think it's best we just try to enjoy figuring each other out instead of being lazy and wanting to have everything explained. the challenge of figuring out what theyre thinking intrigues me, personally.