Is deleting your ex on social media immature?

Is it childish to remove them from your Facebook or other social media? what does it mean when they do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's immature. It's pretty rare for people to get along with their ex and even it's things ended up in good terms, it's better to move on. I don't think we can be friends with exs. Deleting from Facebook is a way to move on. IT's the opposite of immature

What Guys Said 13

• I don't think it is childish or immature, some people only get over a relationship break up if they break all contact with that person. You never know you two maybe able to be friends at a later date.

• Deleting your social media and living in real life is mature.

Or maybe it isn't.

I don't know.

• No, not at all. Why would you want them on your FB feed? Being friends with ex's isn't common.

• I think some people do it for childish reasons, but at the end of the day it's usually for the best.

When I deleted my exes I simply did it because they had become a part of my past, and it was time to move on to something better. It wasn't like a dig at them or anything like that.

• Sometimes it's necessary. It helps if you're trying to move on. You can always add them back if u guys are back to being friends later on in life.

• I don't believe it's childish and it just means moving on. If you are not going to keep being friends with him (which could happen), why having him on your friends list?

• Nope. I would do the same too cuz I hated when sumthing reminded meh if that person. It hurts meh even more when I stop to think about it..

• No, it's not immature. if it'll help you move on and get over him, then it's something that should be done anyways.

• Well unless you've oarted really amiably then I don't see why you would keep him.

• 0|0
  • It's up to you unless they did something that makes you feel the need to do so

• I think of it as pretty common.

• Nope. She blocked me & I blocked her.

What Girls Said 8

• A little if it's just over a regular break-up. I mean its up to whoever though if it ended on that bad of ground shaking terms.

• it's not.. why bother keeping them on your friend's list when you already knew that it'll just make things hard to move forward and it's totally pointless.

• Not immature it means yhu have moved nd nd just got him out your life so there's no connections with him...

• Not immature
    it means move on.

• Not at all.

• on Facebook i just "unfollowed" him so he can still see how happy and better of a life i'm living without him, ha beat that fucking cuntface wanker.

• No it's not immature. You need to do it in order to move on.

• Nope, as many have said already, some people need to do it in order to move on..