I'm 19 year old girl and a virgin?

Please do not bring god into this or religion into this because that is not the reason as to why I am a virgin. I want to wait for the right guy. I want to have sex with someone when I truly care about them. I thought I found him. I had a boyfriend and we went to 3rd base ( fingering, oral etc.) but never had sex because he didn't want to. He ended up dumping me for another girl ( i think he cheated on me). I feel more alone then ever and heart broken. I find it very hard to meet guys because im in pre-med right now and always studying. (im doing very well in school) I feel like its hard to met a guy who is interested in me. I'm a fun person... i think. I love dancing and going out when i can. I think im pretty. Im fit.. have sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. I try to show guys im interested. When people first meet me im very shy but when you get to know me.. im insane ( lol in a good way ) Sometimes i feel weird about being a virgin at 19 because girls tend to talk about it very openly. Are guys turned off by a virgin? Is there anything im doing wrong or could be doing wrong? Im usually confident person but lately after my break up i feel like crap

Most Helpful Guy

• Some inexperienced or insecure guys find a virgin a turn on, a virgin has nothing to compare them to. It's not a turn off for me tbh, I've been flattered in the past under similar circumstances, the fact that she was a virgin wasn't a big deal, it just meant I had to handle our first time differently because it was her first time. Stick to your principles, you just haven't met the right guy yet.

What Guys Said 7

• personaly i never understood the point of saving your virginity for someone "special"

what's the eason behind it anyway?

• I think breakups can do that to you. I wouldn't worry too much about being a virgin at 19. I think I was a virgin until the week before my 20th birthday. Might have been 19th. Either way, it's not like my partners these days are able to tell. It's not like there's a cutoff age. You said you want to wait for the right person, and frankly it seems to me that the "right person" will be supportive and helpful, rather than judgmental.

• No, you're not doing anything wrong and the right guy will sure come for you. And don't worry, I don't mind if a girl is virgin or not and I'm sure that most guys don't too.

• Not everyone can answer this because most dont pay attention to it but how do you show that you're interested? Because smiling and being open is something every nice girl would do I think, this doesn't nessesarily mean you're interested.

• Fack! I wanna marry u! Will u save ur precious gift for meh?

• That's a good thing. You sound like you're a good girlfriend. Definitely not doing anything wrong!

• I like virgins. When did u get to third base?

What Girls Said 8

• Im not a guy lol and I never understood how a girl being a virgin would be a negative big deal. Maybe they're scared to have the title of being some kind of de-virginizer. But I wouldn't think that being a virgin is a turn off, it could even be a turn on because of your innocence. You probaby feel like crap because you don't feel like you were enough for your boyfriend to stay with you. Be glad that you're no longer together because you probably weren't meant to be. Instead your being saved for someone better :)

• I wanted to wait for the right guy too. I lost it when I was 21 to a guy my age who was also waiting for the right person :) don't lose hope

• Ok calm down! Its not a big deal!

• Look, I am 19 as well and I have only kissed one guy throughout my life. Trust me, it is not a big deal. Yes, there are plenty of girls of our age, heck younger, that aren't virgins anymore. But some of them regret it and wish they waited for the right moment. You shouldn't feel bad about this, focus on the positive stuff! You are in pre-med? that's awesome! You see, you will find someone someday, you just have to wait. And when the moment comes, you will be glad that you waited.

I don't know if that cheered you up, but if you have these days where you feel alone and crappy, feel free to send me a message :)

• I'm 20 and I'm in the same boat as you! I don't have to really care about him per say, but I want to trust him and be comfortable enough with him for the first time. Would you be bothered by a guy being a virgin?

• I am 18 and I have never had a boyfriend or even kissed a guy so you're ahead of me. I worry about this stuff too.

• there's nothing wrong with waiting... all u have to do is be a little more confident when talking to someone your trying to 'court'. You seem to almost second guess yourself in your paragraph. Girl to Girl, just be comfortable with you before trying with other people

• I'm a virgin (and I mean fully, no intercourse, oral or anything else) at 25 because I don't want to jump into bed with just anyone. I've had mixed reviews from people, some are ok with it, some like it, but I've also been told that I "obviously have issues and should see a professional about it." It all depends on the individual.