Is it rude he cancelled our 1st date via text?

I was supposed to get coffee with a guy i met in a hiking group, but literally 1 hour before our meeting time he texts me that he's sorry but was supposed to hang out with another friend. He also didn't offer to reschedule. Honestly i don't know why I'm so upset, especially since i didn't wanna go in the first place.. i feel like my day is ruined and that something is wrong with me. Was it rude of him to cancel last minute through text? (Personally I try not to cancel things last minute if possible)

Most Helpful Guy

• It was very rude and very telling: he does not care about you. Just shake it off and move on to the next!

What Guys Said 6

• Unless he gave a really important reason via text (like some kind of real emergency) then it was rude and bad form to cancel by a text. He at least should have called, but even then saying he was supposed to hang out with somebody else when he'd made a date with you wouldn't have been a good reason. This guy doesn't have very good manners.

• This is something mainly geared towards men, but the message still applies; use the Brad Pitt rule.

- If she treats you any different than she would her perfect guy (Brad Pitt for example), then you are not her perfect guy. You are doing both of yourselves a favor by dumping her and moving on.

Basically, if the date would have still been called off if the person getting cancelled on (you, in this case) was "Brad Pitt", then it's a legitimate reason (IE family emergency, court summons, ect). Otherwise, move on.

• Yeah that is very rude. I personally wouldn't cancel a first date unless it was absolutely necessary and certainly not to hangout with another friend. If I were you I wouldn't reschedule with him unless he has an amazing reason for cancelling on you. I know guys that cancel dates, like in your situation, when they find a girl who they are more interested in agrees to go out with them.

• I don't necessarily think it was rude to break the news via text, but his reason sounds lame. And if he knew he was supposed to "hang out with a friend" in advance, he obviously shouldn't have waited till the last minute to cancel. So yeah, I totally understand why you're feeling annoyed about the whole thing, but ultimately it sounds like you lucked out not having to go through with a date with this guy. Better luck next time :)

• Yes, it was rude to cancel a date at the last minute and never called to reschedule
    all he did send you a text message that was not right he should been a man to call you

• Yes, it's rude.. At least have the decency to call.

What Girls Said 3

• Unless there is an important reason like health, family problems etc I agree canceling the first date, especially by text is rude in my opinion.
    What was his actual reason he gave to you? He seems like he doesn't care if only thing he said he was supposed to hang out with another friend.

• Yes that was the only reason he gave, he "forgot " he had plans with another friend

• He could have cancelled it. First dates are special. He should have been aware of it. Anyway just not to contact him. Talk if he contacts you. Do your thing because he does his thing obviously.

• what ever, he dosent care.

• very rude...