Boys, do you like when your girl writes you a letter or it that so clingy?

this is the letter :
i want you to know that since the day we met i knew that i had feelings for you.
but for some reasons i kept denying it , the reason i did that is because i was afraid , i was scared that the minute i open my self and tell you how i feel you'd leave , so instead i chosed to hide my feelings for you.
you know i think while denying my feelings , i fell for you because i just couldnt carry on without love anymore.
you are my best friend , my one true love , my one and only. i love you more today than i did yesterday , and ill love you more tomorrow than i do today.
day by day my love for you becomes overwhelming and i can't handle it when i dont see or even talk to you everyday.
it's funny how sometimes you meet someone and even though you never liked blond boys before , blond is your new favorite color now.
every moment spent together is a dream coming true.
i apologize straight from the heart for ignoring you whenever you make an attempt to make me feel better after our pointless arguments , i know i overreact a lot , and iam sorry , iam sorry too for being so moody lately.
iam afraid ill say something to make you forget the feelings you have for me when i bring up stupid things.
as i said before i was scared to love you at first cuz i thought you would hurt me , but i did and its the best thing I've ever done you know (***) when you first said that you loved me i couldnt belive what i heard i was pinching my self cuz i thought i was on a dream i couldnt sleep that night because i was thinking wow is that real , does he mean it , i was happy.
even when we were just friends i cared about you in a way that was way more than i cared for any friend.
i smile every time someone asks me about us , ilove telling my friends how you are or how some of my clothes reminds me of you , or how you have seen me when i looked like a homeless person but u have also seen when i actually tried to look good. you have been there for it all.

or how when we are together the time goes so fast , hours seems like seconds , or how i slept on your chest , or how your smell is my favorite perfume , or how your laugh is my favorite sound.
i love you very much , you will always be my first real love.
i promise you to care for you , and help you when you’ll need me or even when you don’t.
i promise to kiss you and then yell at you just because.
i promise to let you know when Liam scared or when some random fur texts me

Most Helpful Girl

• That might be overwhelming at first, maybe save it for a special anniversary or something? Maybe a simple 'i love you' would get the message across?

But, wow I really respect the courage that you have, Id never have the balls to do that, hats off to you :)

What Guys Said 56

• I like receiving letters and I think most of your content is awesome, Honestly though, I think it's a little long but you know your man more than we do. Some guys, especially18 y/o-ish would see it as clingy but if you two have been dating for awhile, if he was your "first", then he'll probably be flattered and accept everything you've written w/o thinking you're clingy. This sort of letter would be one to give to a guy you are about to marry, like head over heels, he's the one, marriage vow type of letter. If you're truly feeling like this, and he's a good guy, give it to him and he'll respect your feelings and cherish this letter.

• Hell yes! It's the cutest thing you could possibly ever do..! I'm quite old-fashioned in these things, but I dare to say nobody will expect you to write a love letter these days. That makes it even better. You are a genius and your boyfriend has the best girlfriend anyone will ever have.

• In our day in age of texting, e-mail, Facebook, etc., it has become so impersonal, a letter defining how that other person makes you feel is a great idea!

I would break it up though... too much all at once. Test the ground with a shorter letter. He may find it to overwhelming. If he responds to the shortened version, then graduate up to the longer letters.

My gf and I always leave each other little notes showing our appreciation for one another.

It really depends on the guy! I for one appreciate the thought that goes into a letter.

• Assuming I actually knew this girl then no it would not be creepy in fact I would be flattered, it would be creepy however if I had no clue as to who this person was. I find letters to be very personal because unlike a text message or a email a letter takes time, the writing has to be perfect not sloppy and so on, so it has way more meaning knowing someone took the time to write and send it to you.

• A letter is a sweet gesture.
    A few letters on special occasions is your little sweet thing that you do. I'd probably share that fact if it were me receiving them because it would be adorably sweet.
    Letters constantly piling up at the door, blocking me in and imprisoning me inside my apartment would be terrifying - I'd have a magistrate write one for you.

• Alright yes i'd love a love letter and i would feel super flattered but this one screams the word love blind all over. It would probably make me talk to you to find out if you really love me for who i am and when everything is right and i love you back that would certainly work to catch me ^^.

• I find this letter creepy. But if you shortened it down and said it to the guy instead then that would be nice and kind of sweet :) But this letter makes you sound like some obsessive stalker. Seriously, if you send this I would bet good money he'd laugh and laugh again even harder when he shows it to his friends. And yes he'd reject you and not only find you clingy, but very creepy.

Please don't do this to yourself, it will be really embarrassing and I just know you'll regret it.

• I don't think the other guys on here realize you're not in a relationship with this guy. Sure if he was your bf it would be okay and sweet but not in this situation, trust me.

• Oh, sorry, now that I read it again I see that. I kind of skimmed parts of it cos I got bored. But it really depends on how long you've been together. If he's your long term bf then yes this is rand you've been going out for more than a year, your really close and completely trust each other then this is really sweet and petty badass. :) I'd love to receive this letter from my gf.

• But it kind of sounds like a coward girls break up letter until you reach the end so be careful.

• It really depends on the contents of the letter and the dynamic of the relationship. One time a girl sent me a letter that was... um... less than ladylike, shall I say. I didn't like it in the slightest because a) We weren't in a relationship and she made it seem like we were, and b) I don't really want those kinds of letters from a girl. A sweet letter like that may seem cheesy, but it would mean the world to me because it shows that the girl is thinking about me, and about the relationship. I would think maybe tone it back a little, just because that's a lot to read and it's super sentimental, but again, it depends on your relationship dynamic.

• i have been with 3 girls who have wrote me letters and they was very well thought out and very cute and ill never forget those girls ever even tho everyone has moved on i still even have the letters saved.
    shows you really care and you took the time to be old school and write a letter. =EFFORT.

• if i received this letter from someone i had a crush for. it would make my day lol

• I would like that personally, there is real feelings in the letter. How would you feel if a guy sent you a letter like that? For a lot of guys sending a woman a letter like that destroys any chance he has with a woman because it's clingy and too nice and while women say they want a nice guy they end up going for the opposite and end up being used for sex by guys that count how many women they have sex with and rate them from 1 to 10 then think who am I doing going to have sex with tonight and only the guy knows if you are first choice, substitute or none because they never see him again

• Love letters are pretty wonderful. I've kept every one I ever received. You should not be in a relationship with a guy if you are afraid to tell him how you feel. And if the guy you are with can't handle your feelings, then he is not the right guy.

• It depends on where you are in the relationship. If it's a fairly new relationship, a letter like what you have shown will most likely send someone running the other way. If you have been involved for a while and if you want to spice it up to keep romance alive, then I see nothing wrong with it.

• I've never had a girl write me a letter before. :(

• It's not creepy, but some men will find this sweet, others will find it too dramatic. People are unique in general, me personally I would find it sweet and take it as a complement, though I would never write one myself. It's more socially acceptible for a woman to write a letter like this, but for a man it would probably result in a restraining order and a negative reputation, I would never write one myself.

• Please don't do this. There are a lot of grammatical errors, and the word "love" shouldn't be thrown around carelessly. It would also freak me out because I'd be expecting a "I'm sorry but despite all this, we should break up.." sentence towards the end. It's too vulnerable.

If you really want to write a letter, keep it short, positive, and funny.

• I've never had a girl write something that made her open up and put her in a vulnerable position i think its a good thing ur doing that and i hope he doesn't play u. not that i think he will but i hope he reciprocates

• If anyone took the time to make me a letter this beautiful, i would jump. Love it.

• Just make sure that its on physical paper and actually sent in physical mail, not email or text. It just adds to the beauty.

• way too much text, sorry i´ll just answer your caption: no it´s fine but i´d feel pressured into doing it too and i don´t really want that XD

• My girlfriend live in a next continent so sometimes we write to each other in the old way. Both of we enjoy it, i guest because we are a couple of romantics.

• Yes i like the idea of letters from a girl but never had that happen

• I think that's actually pretty bad ass. You guy should be thankful he has you. If he doesn't like the you doing that, then he is a b**** and should be dumped. Don't write them on a regular basis though. Only, when he has earned it. If he is smart and a keeper, he would return the favor. Cheers

• I think a letter is nice but short and sweet beats out long and thought out letters any day in my opinion.

• Letters are fine, but one this length could be clingy. Is take the highlights, and condense that into no more then three paragraphs.

• tl:dr

But i think letters are so sweet, the fact that they've gone to the effort of handwriting something rather than just typing it

i'm a sucker for romantic gestures

• I always liked it when girls wrote me notes in school. I find it endearing and heartfelt to put pen to paper and bear you soul onto paper. If he don't like it, mail me a letter and we'll be pen-pals! lol

• If you wrote me a letter like this I would put stickers on it and hang it on my fridge for my entire family to see. They're better be a lipstick kiss on it too, or I send the letter back.

• That's an okay letter.

• That's amazing he's a lucky guy :)

• I would honestly LOVE that, but I have yet to find a girl who won't screw me over :/

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 10

• Lots of guys will say they think it's too cheesy/clingy, but I think deep down they would appreciate a sweet, sincere, hand-written letter. I wrote one for my BF after a year of dating and he was just thrilled. He felt so loved and appreciated and I was so happy to have made him feel that way. So go for it! :)

• I sent my boyfriend a love letter when we had been dating for 5 months. Our relationship was so perfect and I was so in love, I couldn't contain it so I wrote it down. I wanted him to know how much he'd changed my life for the better. He shed a couple tears whilst reading it and recently, about two years after, he read it when we were going through a rough time and it actually helped us! So I would say you should give it, after some tweaks. It's a nice gesture. You could give it on Valentine's day or for your anniversary.

• is it too long cuz most of the coment I've been taking are its too long it may be clingy , but you know i dont know what to cut off.

• for 9 months now

• If you feel he's head over heels in love with you and can be romantic, then he'll appreciate this.

• It's too overwhelming make it shorter. But I love how you took an effort to write all this for him.. It means you really care and really love him..

My boyfriend and I always write something like this when we miss each other or if we got into a fight and want to make up for it this is what we do. But make it shorter too. Don't wanna sound too obsessive he might find you creepy. But It really depends how far you guys in a relationship then I would say you can do this but if it's just in a short period of time then shorten it. :)

• There are some typing errors and I would do some editing as there is some repetition but letters are totally fine. :) My boyfriend like them.

• I've always wanted to write something to a guy but have been too much of a coward to. I commend you! :)

• I had almost the same experience. My crush and I mostly passed notes to each other and slowly writing what I feel about him. Don't say it all at once, it's better just confesse to him and go with flow.

• That's a bit long. I would be annoyed reading that. No offense. Point out the main feelings And that's that.

• thats so cute, if the guys worth it he'll love anything you do for him so dont worry about it :)

• When we are together, the time goes by so fast that hours seem like seconds. I love how you let me sleep on your chest and hearing the beat of your heart is like listening to my favorite song. Your smell is my favorite scent and your laugh is my favorite sound.
    I love you very much, you will always be my first and hopefully last real love.
    I promise you to care for you, and help you when you’ll need me and even when you don’t. I'm here for you, just wanted to let you know. ♥

• That's kinda long... Maybe leave some of jt for in person?

• thought someone may feel like using it , and yeah sure they can ;)

• Then your fine... Shorten it some... Too much might frightened him or put pressure... Spell check and grammar check and you are good to go.

• merci :)