My boyfriend is working on out anniversary, do I have a right to be upset?

My boyfriend of one year is working on our first anniversary together. When I heard this was happening I got super upset. I didn't lash out at all, I just said that is disappointing. Gosh, I feel terrible cuz work comes first, but I'm still upset with it! He says he wants a make up date, but im busy the days he's available this week. I scheduled and planned for that day to be just the two of us and now it's not gonna happen it looks like. I never thought I'd be a person to become all diva like, but just the expectation of celebrating the start of our relationship on that day and not being able to even see him then is hurtful.

I'm not upset with him. I am disappointed in the fact we can't be together. Plain and simple.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not wrong for feeling upset but you need to realize that it's his source of income and perhaps he wasn't able to get it requested off.

What Guys Said 4

• Sorry, that is life. No body I know takes at day off for an anniversary. What is wrong with going out for dinner or something that night? Why does it have to be on the exact day? Can't you celebrate the weekend before or afterwards?

• I know work is priority. I get that. Doesn't change the fact I'm disappointed. I don't mean to sound like a spoiled brat or anything. I just had made special arrangements. And we planned way in advance. I get it, but I am disappointed.

• Oh for sure, you have every right to be bummed out. I hope you two are able to make it up.

• You can't always control you working hours. You'll just have to accept it and plan for another day

• Just celebrate it later, if you're both busy for a while after the actual date of your anniversary, it's not a big deal if the celebration is a few weeks after, just make sure the next date you guys have is special.

• what f***ing place that employs him would not let him go out on an anniversary? thats bull crap dont be mad at him be mad at his employer

• My thoughts exactly! His boss told him that it wasn't important enough! Ahhh!

What Girls Said 3

• He has no control over his working hours. Work is work. You being upset over something he has no power over is very unreasonable.

I understand it's your anniversary and all but it's really no big deal to just celebrate it on another day.

• It's not unreasonable considering we had been planning it for months. And by the way I don't blame him. I am disappointed though. I think it's more unreasonable to feel fine with it. That is like not caring. I am not angry at him! I'm just disappointed. That's something reasonable to be feeling.

• You have plans you could cancel as well. Work should come first. You shouldn't be upset or disappointed it's not like he blew you off for something stupid , or on purpose. Just celebrate on another day.

• You people are really draining :3 haha well we are, but I am thinking if I wasn't disappointed then that's pretty low standards. I have like moderate standards. I'm not angry at him, I'm angry at his boss.

• And I have plans which are just as important as his.

• Well he might get fired and obviously he cares about you so I wouldn't get so worked up. Schedule for another time. I don't think celebrating your anniversary is a huge deal.

• We are, and it was only a big deal because of all the stuff we scheduled like months in advance.