Boyfriend hasn't said I love you after 1 year and 5 months? Where do we stand?

My boyfriend and I have been together for 1 year and 5 months. I love him, but am confused as to where I stand with him. He hasn't said he loves me. He is a gentleman, caring, affectionate, attentive and treats me like gold. He makes me so happy! We both enjoy the time we spend together and always make plans for another date. I have met his entire extended family on two occasions and his parents and he has met mine. He says I'm an important part of his life and I am special to him, but no I love you yet. I don't want him to say anything he's not comfortable with, but I also want to know where we stand. His actions say he loves me, but I am wondering if it's just that he cares deeply about me. He recently invited me to his birthday party with his extended family too, which I am very excited for. We made plans to go on the Gateway Clipper for his birthday and he said he was really excited. I love him, but just don't get it. Will he ever love me back? Any thoughts would be appreciated! PS: I don't want to say it first because I don't want to risk messing up what we already have if he doesn't feel the same way yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you should just go ahead and say it, just so that the door is open for him to say it! It's possible that he's also nervous to say it, in fear that you don't feel the same way. And, when you tell him, you could make sure he knows that you don't expect him to say it back, but that you just wanted him to know how you feel! If you've already met a lot of his extended family, it would seem to me that he, at the very, very least, cares about you very deeply and plans to keep the relationship going for a while.

What Guys Said 3

• It sounds like he cares about you deeply and probably loves you very much if you have met his family and he has met yours. Sometimes people are afriad to say it and so they just do not say it and it sounds like you guys might both be a little afraid to say it because he does not want to ruin what you guys have either

• Yeah. It could also be that I'm his first girlfriend, so maybe he's never said it before.

• Well being in the first relationship can be tough and could be a contributing factor, maybe sit down and have a conversation about the feelings between you guys and where you feel you are so that way you will know where you stand with him. From the outside looking in it definitely seems like he loves you though

• that's too long basicaly... but maybe he's sh to say these words... who knows? ;-)

• What makes it so a guy feels like he is ready to say I love you compared to not being ready from a guy's perspective?

• Look he loves you already... He says "I love you" in the way he loves you, cares about you and all...
    He maybe shy to say that... now a days these words are used as if they are no big deal... he will say that he loves you... I sure about that

What Girls Said 2

• He may feel awkward about it or not believe in the ideals of "love" in the century anymore since it's used 24/7 even when it isn't meant. Maybe by saying you're special to him, it's his way of saying I love you

• Have you said it to him? If so, how did he respond? If not, then maybe it's time that you do.. could be he just doesn't want to be the first one to say it.