Why doesn't she text me first?

So I met this girl a few weeks back, I started talking to her first and eventually got her number. We've been talking for a bit now and one night I just decided to put my heart on my sleeve and tell her how I feel about her, however it was in a text message and she didn't get it till the morning. Then a little bit back I asked her how she felt about me and she said she doesn't really know me that well yet so I asked her if she Honestly was still interested in getting to know me and she said That she really was. This girl NEVER texts me or talks to me first, I don't understand it, if she's so interested in getting to know me how come she will never start talking to me first? should I give up?

Am I just over-analyzing this, does she not text me first just because she expects me to text her? do girls just not text first?

Most Helpful Girl

• Loool the Facebook group:p yaa well I don't like texting a guy first even if I really like him.. It happened to me. My guy friend was really into me but didn't really tell me ( weve been to movies) like we would talk on msn.. He would text..but I never would even if I wanted too because I didn't know if I should? Because I wasn't texting him or moving forward( I would always wait for him to text or talk)he just let go because he probably thought I wasn't interested but I was! And I regret not going to him because I miss him. So just continue texting, going to her..uve got nothing to lose:)

• Do you think if he asked you to text him first, you would of started doing it?

What Girls Said 4

• to be truthfully honest; I never text guys (unless there strictly friends) first that I'm just not that into..if I am into a guy I have no problems texting hey or goodmorning or something like that.. and if I'm into a guy that's into me I tell him to call, because texting in my opinion sucks..u can never understand what the person means, there tone, and all that..so usually it ends up with a miscommunication.

hope this helped,

p.s you should Facebook IM her when she's on, its a little better than texting

• Haven't you heard of the Facebook group " I'm the girl your the guy text me or we don't talk today" haha xD

• you should talk to her about it beacause the start of a relationship or to learn more about each other needs to take both of yalls part and it should be yall both texting each other...maybe one day you one day her..one day you?..but if you don't tell her how you feel alse would she know.

• you should never give up on a girl you really like. try texting her. never wait for a girl to text you back. maybe she is old fashion. or just not that into talking to you. but no matter what, always try your hardest.

• But what if you just come off stalker-ish? Not to mention that creating some space allows for more mystery and anticipation. I wouldn't say play games, but absence does make the heart grow fonder. I think guys tend to feel like maybe they said something wrong when they drop a message and don't get a response in a /reasonable/ amount of time, especially if it leaves a discussion up in the air and it never gets picked up again.

What Guys Said 1

• She could be shy or seriously into you that she just doesn't want to rip that cord that bonds you two also for the record when a girl is shy and into you not everything she says is completely true but don't care about that just call her if she sometimes don't respond and then you'll hear a response like she is busy so if phone interaction doesn't work physically hang out face to face with your e gored questions