Dating a guy 5 years older than me?

So I've been talking to this guy online for a little more than 4 months now. We have such a good connection, text and calls everyday and have so much in common. We have finally decided its time to meet but its scaring me that something that seems so amazing won't develop into a relationship because I'm 5 years younger than him. I'm 21 and turning 22 this year while he's turning 27 next month. I am so sure about what I want and even though I am young I have been through enough relationships to know I am ready for a meaninful one and committment. I'm just scared the age gap will be too much. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my partner are 6 years apart. He was 24 and I was 19 Now 20 and him 25 . And we aswell met online , we had the same connection as you do. The age was never a difference for us. We've been together for a year now.

What Guys Said 4

• That age gap is insignificant. 5 years is nothing to worry about.

• 27/2=13.5+7=20.5

you're good

• a 5 year age gap is nothing.

• 22 and 27 I don't think are that big of a difference. At that age you're just starting to get out into your career or will in a year or two and he's probably just finding his niche in his career so it seems like a good dynamic.

What Girls Said 1

• Come on you're 21, it doesn't matter how much the guy is older than you.