What Does it Mean When a Girl Says "Next Time"?

I was at my local Safeway having a bouquet of flowers made for my mother and after chatting with the employee a bit, I asked for her phone number and her response was "Next Time." It seemed like I caught her off guard.

Afterward she got on the phone and starting talking to her mom in a foreign language.

Most Helpful Girl

• You probably did catch her off guard as you two probably didn't know each other well. Her response either meant that she doesn't know you well enough give it out yet or it was the nicest way she could think of not giving it to you without hurting your feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• One of those annoying ways girls turn you down without just saying it like that... to 'be nice' i guess.

So its a rejection

What Girls Said 1

• I think that was her response for both on catching her off guard but she was caught off guard more for the fact that she really didn't understand you then a desire to say no.. In short, English is not her native language and you confused her which only added to the, "off guard" happening

What Guys Said 1

• It means never, but you are supposed to figure that out only once you are out of there so as to not annoy her with further questions.