Why some tall girls have height complex?

I saw some questions like "I am 180cm am I too tall?" I mean, seriously. Can a girl be too tall? :D Tallness is a mark of beauty, healthy childhood and strong genes. Almost all of my friends want a girl about their own height, may be taller but not shorter. Most of us prefer an ugly but tall girl than a super sexy cute but short girl. Personally, I am 183cm and a girl must be taller than 180cm for me.

Metric because I am Swedish
Why girls get mad? can't we have some preferences?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on where you live. I'm 5'7 (170) since i was 13 and majority of adults height in my area were 150cm for female.
    My classamates average height were around 140 cm. I remember i was always the tall girl and people pick up on me for my height. One of my teacher told the class that it's good to be tall just not as tall as *mention my name* cz she's too tall it doesn't look nice. It was really hurtful to hear that esp in front of the whole class.
    Now I'm an adult and i live oversea. I feel more comfortable here, i dont feel like a giant anymore lol
    Plus lots of guys don't want a girl that's taller than them. There are exceptions but this is the majority. Maybe they feel intimidated I don't know. But it's good that you're not like that :)

• Of course it depends. I can't say that majority of guys dont want a girl taller than them. :) At least in north.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 187cm, so I can relate, and I find tall girls really attractive (I don't get the "girls should be shorter" idea, I like someone about my height), but the few I know are very conscious about it. I've tried my best to get one of them, with whom I'm friends, to be more positive about it, but that hasn't helped much. It's really a shame that so many tall girls want to be shorter.

What Girls Said 11

• Being 180cm (5'10") I can say that tall and cute exist [sincerely don't mean that as bragging..].

I just met an incredible woman in here who's 6'2"! She is confident as heck about her height and I love it!

Honestly, men in my area want short (5'6" or less) women. It's a thing here because the aberage guy is my height.

• I'm 157 cm :P I guess tallness is associated with masculinity and a lot of girls prefer to keep away from stereotypical masculine traits (e. g. having body hair). Plus a hell of a lot of guys in my experience would say that a girl that tall can make them feel insecure. Like old fashioned ideas, y'know? It sucks cause tall girls are great.

• Height is masculine trait? :D lol. In my country all girls below 175cm have complex about it.

• Sweden must be a pretty unique society. While many men in the US do find tall girls attractive, many are scared to approach them because of our gender role beliefs, because women are pressured by their peers to abide by those rolls. Many women will not date a man that is less than 5 inches taller than them just to please their peers and society. Many girls in anglo speaking countries care about the opinion of their girlfriends and get shit from their friends if they date a guy under 6ft or a guy that doesn't completely tower over her. Men don't care here, but women do. I wish women here were more like women in Sweden or most European countries.

• @Eric644 Women in Sweden also care height as American girls, but men care height as much as them. This is equality.

• Well probably because there's actually plenty of guys who wouldn't date us/reject us because they'd consider us "too tall" but that's okay because everyone has a preference and to most guys short girls are probably more feminine and cuter hence more desirable.
    It's just like most girls would probably prefer a taller guy. It's life and the trick is to find someone who doesn't mind height. :)

(I'm 5'10" by the way.)

• hahaha too funny! :D reject a tall girl? I mean, rejecting a short girl is normal but rejecting a tall girl sounds weird. Almost all of my friends reject short girls because this is sign of unhealthy childhood. We mean height too, but only if girl is short. The taller the better :)

• any guy that rejects you is an idiot

• @Eric644 Agree :)

• If it shows that you have strong genes (*cough* tallness is a reccessive genetical trait *cough*), then why is the average MALE height 175cm, and humanity still survived troughout history?

• average male height in my country is 181cm according to Wiki.

• Maybe there are guys who like short girls, but it is my observation.

• I don't want to brust your bubble (okay, I do), but think about this: If no guy would have wanted a shorter girl, then the short gene would have gone extinct till now.

• I'm just about 6ft and it's a mixed bag for me. Most days I'm good with it. I'm a size 0-2 with an hourglass figure so usually being tall makes me feel glamorous and elegant.

But sometimes you don't wanna be glamorous or stand out you just wanna blend in xD and tall girls always stand out in a crowd xD

• You'd stand out regardless

• Ahh yeah, posh is pretty decent as far as searching stuff, but, for the most part you should just get people to sell you stuff off of it -- mercari or, even better, directly through paypal.
      Posh takes an INSANE commission (I think it's like 20% after the first $5 or something) and they just raised their shipping fees by another dollar, too.

Posh knows their audience well. They're really just trying to maximize convenience for sellers who want to do absolutely as little work as possible.
      I mean, their whole flat-rate shipping thing is what gives that away the most -- they even use the same 5-pound label for jewelry pieces that weigh 2 ounces! They're just trying to attract sellers who are like, "Weigh stuff? Pack things so they weigh less? Meh too much work"
      LOL

• @redeyemindtricks lol you have to give me some more tips you do your research! I'm such a lazy shopper. If it looks pretty and comes in my size I buy it. I could probably have spent a lot less on clothes than I have in my life so far xD

• Ummmm okay? To each their own right. I mean everyone has their own preferences. But this does not mean everyone should agree with it.

• Every guy I've ever met has expressed a preference for short girls (being 5'11, I'm taller than most guys)

• what kind of country is that? I mean, I think preference for short woman is like preference for fat woman. :D tall is always better.

• You would seriously date a ugly girl just because she is tall? O. o

• hmm not just because she is tall but if she is short (under 175cm) then i can't attract with her.

• metric? where are you from?

• let me understand something; is it a preference or a requirement? I agree that tall girls should not have complex but, would you reject a girl only because she is 179cm?
    by the way why metric?

• I prefer taller than 180cm but dont reject if she is not under 175cm.

• Fetish is sexual tendencity to things out of biological preferences. Tall girl preference is general thing.

• "general thing" around the world or in your culture? Dont be such kind of egoist who think "what we prefer is human insisct." Swedes dont represent all homo sapiens. :)

• Wow. sounds like you are a heightist sizequeen but now in male gender.
    I dont mind height of my boyfriend, but i would mind if he is a shallow jerk like you. :)

• why should I have to be OK with short girls? I mean, if she had been healthy at her childhood, she would be taller. Physical attraction is also important for me.

• Well, that is me. Some people say you are who you fuck, so I have some standards.

• You have right to have standards. So, good luck, I hope you will find "true love." :)

What Guys Said 5

• I'm 183 cm as well and I prefer a girl between 175-180 cm since I get intimidated by people taller than me.

• Seriously? :D

• Girls in Canada tend to be shorter.
      The average female height here is 161 cm.

• nahh. sorry for you :/
      Average in Sweden is 168.

• It's only too tall if she desperately demands guys to be 6 inch taller.

• Tall chicks are hotter actually lol

• Yes dude ! :D I dont understand why some Americans prefer short girls. I mean, it is weird :D

• I mean I don't know anytime that do? Lol long legs are just hotter ha.

• brigitte nielsen... :D

• Is this satirical?

• Society!