Would you date a girl who doesn't drive?

Just wondering.. Cuz I'm 20 and I've never driven a car before.. It just happens that it takes 20 minutes by train to he city where I work and public transport is much more efficient and easier. If there's a traffic jam sometimes it takes 2 hours. I just never got round to learning how to drive. Is this a turn off?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being willing to learn is a must. That being said if you live in a city where public transit is good enough to not need a car, and where using public transit is easier and more efficient, I can see not owning a car and it wouldn't be a deal breaker. But you should at least know how.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• I married a woman who had never learned to drive. She did soon after marrying me as we ended up living where she needed to be able to drive. But not driving was not a problem as far as dating (or marrying).

• I guess it wouldn't really bother me. Just don't be late for everything, or totally unavailable all the time, and use "I don't drive" as an excuse. There's nothing wrong with not driving. There's a lot wrong with being habitually late and/or unavailable.

• I've not got a car myself so it wouldn't be an issue. The price of running one and where I live it just seemed like a waste of money.

I would suggest you learn so you have that option later if you wanted to buy a car... but hardly worth mentioning beyond "I might be late. Stupid bus service".

• It's better!.. If I have a car she does not knows to drive.. I shouldn't worry about my car getting wreaked..
    Although I would make our dates where I teach her to drive.. She will learn and we will have some funny moments too..

• Aww that's so sweet!!

• Hell no.. Id prefer that! Then i can always drive! But shit, id have to be careful about not getting drunk.

• I'd teach you ^^
    Sounds like a fun date, right? At least for me XD

• Driving isn't necessary in cities. If you lived in the suburbs that might be an issue, but not in a city. I wouldn't really care

• don't see why not.

• sure why not

• yes,

• Simple. No I would not

• Only men need to drive.

• lol strange question :D
    i would date for sure, why not haha

• Men are not as shallow as you women who wouldn't give a guy a chance if he didn't have a car honey.

• Hahaha don't generalise :)

• Generalize is good though it helps identify a behavior. Trying to hide behind a small percent and use the "don't generalize" argument just basically shuts down any constructive criticism and allows said behavior to continue festering.

• Yeah of course. But I would love to teach you when you feel ready. There's nothing to it and I'm a very patient teacher 😊

• that's so sweet of u!

• Yes, of course. While i learned to drive as a teen in the suburbs, i then rarely drove between 17-28 or so. I still don't drive to commute to work.

• As long as you're willing to learn, he should be fiiine.

• what does driving and dating have in common... nothing.

I'd date a girl because i wanted to know her and fall in love with her. i couldn't care less if she drives or not

What Girls Said 1