My boyfriend caught me smoking weed. What should I do?

I'm usually not a pot smoker. But i been so stressed out lately with work and life itself, I just needed something that would relax my body. ( I've already tried yoga or exercise- won't keep my mind at ease either ). But today he came to the house early and caught me. He won't even speak to me. I don't know what to do. 😢

Most Helpful Guy

• Text him that you would like to talk in person tell him that you understand that he's currently upset even though you don't necessarily understand why. Make sure to tell him that you will not discuss the issue on the phone nor threw text only face to face and to text you back when he is ready to talk. Now let me break down why you are sending him that message.
    First you are identifying that yes he dose have an issue even if you don't understand what it may be.
    Secondly you are telling him that you don't want to discuss it via phone nor text and instead face to face. This allows you to avoid stretching out the issue and deal with it all in one shot, the back and forth that can be annoying to handle with texting is also avoided, you also avoid him getting mad and hanging up for whatever reason then you have to call him back just for him to be annoying and not answer then after an hour him finally call you back and it happen all over again, you also can express your emotions more effectively threw face to face communication as well as avoid any misunderstanding that comes with phone calls or texting.
    Third and final reason is that by telling him to text you back when he is ready to talk he will have his time to process and cool down which he so clearly needs, you can try to calm down a bit and not worry as much, also he can begin to rationalize rather than be so irrational, plus you give him the opportunity to come to you not for you to chase him which is an important choice he needs to make for himself.
    Now things I should cover for you if he tries to argue tell him that you will not discuss it on the phone if he wants to talk to come over keep enforcing that and don't be lead in to phone confrontation because that won't help either of you come to terms with the issue.
    As for my opinion i think he's freaking out a bit to much and he needs to calm down and realize that your simply trying to relax your stress. Just remember that when you do talk state your feelings and what's been going on, your opinion on weed, and state why you needed to smoke a bit. Do not apologize if you feel you did nothing wrong but do ask to hear his side and what he feels and try and listen to his concerns and address them as best you can. The key is to alow open communication it's difficult but if you follow what I told you everything should be fine.

• Don't worry it will be a bit difficult but just follow what I said and I'm sure you will both be back on track ad have come to terms with one another. Have faith an I wish you both luck and growth as a couple. Good luck dear.

• Thank you dear

• You are very welcome good luck dear.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait for him to calm down and explain you've been super stressed and if he's like 29384% against weed smoking, dont do it again.

• I did tell him. But he's just saying he feels weird. Plus the weed is making me extremely horny and I can't stop thinking about him. This is some B. S !

• Just make sure he knows you won't do it again and everything should be fine

What Guys Said 8

• Did you offer him a hit off the pipe, or did you hog it all for yourself?
    That's probably why he's upset... you didn't share! :-P

I kid, I kid...

Well I think it's safe to assume he's NOT a pot smoker?
    Has he ever? Is he really against it, or was he just surprised?

• He's only smoke during his high school years. About a decade! And i think he was surprised. We have never had any problems during our relationship. So this is new

• Right. And he drinks allmost everyday. Yet I'm cool with it

• Ah, the hypocrisy of booze drinkers...

If he blows up over this and you enjoy smoking a little marijuana, maybe it's not the right match. I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there who even if they don't smoke themselves, wouldn't hold it against you if you prefer smoking to drinking. It doesn't sound like you're spending your entire day getting high and listening to Phish, you're a responsible adult... if you want to smoke a little weed once in a while, I don't see how that's such a bad thing...

• Keep a level head come up with a mature level headed explanation without crying. Be brave and mature.

• Sounds like he need some of that greens.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2TO5atI4rU

• Lol can't imagine what he said.. "Oh my gosh.. I'm so disappointed in you" lol df.

• Your use of marihuana reveals the presence of an underlying psychological issue. Seek professional help.
    If I was in your boyfriend's position, I would kick you to the kerb, because you would have ruled yourself out as a potential mother of my children.

• tell him to stop being a little bitch

• Hope he doesn't leave you. I would if I were him, but I'm not him. Maybe he just needs to cool off and get over the initial shock.

• How is this helpful? 😩 You would leave?

• Drugs are a total deal breaker for me. However, your boyfriend isn't me. Maybe he's just trying to think about what to do. Maybe he's just cooling off. It's impossible to tell.

• What a dork.

What Girls Said 8

• Just keep trying to talk with him. But man, I couldn't date someone who would get upset about me smoking weed. Like, I need to chill sometimes... so should he.

• Give him time to Cool off here, dear, This is a Hot Spot with him that you now Know... He won't speak to me.
    When things have Calmed down to the point where he may not be so Hot Headed, Talk to him and Apologize in Dust and Ashes and Never... Get caught in the act again.
    Good luck. xx

• Just tell him the truth like you've told us.

• talk to him like an adult. then dont do it again.

• offer him a joint

• TF.
    Like... is he your father?
    Your body, your choice.

• Don't smoke weed then if it's going to destroy your relationship

• Smoke him out