Guys says he "owes me a drink"?

If a guy says "I owe you a drink" is it supposed to be taken as literal? Like he actually wants to buy me a drink? Or could it be intended as a form of expression like when someone says "I owe you one"? Does it mean the guy is asking you out? Guys, what would you mean by this statement?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how it happened. A girl bought me a shot, next time I seen her I said how am I going to repay you? How about we go to a bar near your place and I'll buy you a drink.

I'm guessing your situation is different thoughl

Interesting, my situation was he was working as a cashier in the clothes shop I went to yesterday. I wanted to return an item I bought and get a refund but didn't have the receipt with me. He said unfortunately it couldn't be returned without the receipt but said he "should owe me a drink."

Oh dear. I thought it was just an expression/joke so I didn't give an answer. I did like him though. Shows that women don't always say yes even if they're interested...

Ahhh it's alright. I'm literally the worst person in the world when it comes to recognizing a woman hitting on me lol.

One time before work I stopped downtown to have lunch, I always have dress clothes on but this time I wore my new suit and cologne. Well I sat down to eat and an attractive blonde woman puts her hand on my shoulder and says "excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but I have to say your cologne smells amazing. What is it?" So I thank her and tell her what it is and where I got it lol. I got to work and told my buddy and he just shook his head and says "Tom..." (my name) under his breath lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think its more a form of expression

See that's what I thought when he said it so I kind of ignored it. I guess we'll never know for sure!

What Guys Said 2

• I think he means that he wants to sleep with you.

• It means you're gonna get roofied.

What Girls Said 0