Why does he want me to text him first?

Alright so my friends told this guy that I think he's hot. He was in my best friends 3rd hour and I went into that class today and when ever I would look at him he would stare for a couple seconds then look away. Anyways after school in the parking lot they told him I think he's hot and he gave them his number to give to me. I guess tehy tried giving him my number first but he insisted on me having his number and texting him first... why?

Most Helpful Guy

• He would rather you contacted him and told him yourself. Most guys are not fond of the gossip game and would rather be straight forward and confrontational about matters such as this. It's simple.

By the simple fact he gave you his number shows he is curious to say the least, and is gauging whether or not you really do think "he is hot". Text him (or call him preferably) to confirm these rumors, then let the chips fall where they may!

What Guys Said 2

• Because he thinks your friends are just screwing with him, and giving him someone else's number. I would know, my friends and I tend to do that sort of thing fairly often. It's funny as hell. As long as it doesn't happen to you, I guess.

• Either this guys afraid of commitment or he doesn't think your serious. If you really like him, text him, otherwise, ask him in person why he wants you 2 text 1st

What Girls Said 3

• Well, because girls are known for doing silly things that guys don't understand, so of course he's not going to take it seriously until he hears it from you. When I was in high school, my girlfriends sent a guy in my class a note saying that I had a crush on him. I only heard about it years later but I know for a fact that I'd never had a crush on that guy. I have no idea why they did it, but girls will be girls I guess. Just text him and see what happens.

• because he may not be sure that you like him. if you text him first that way, he will definitely know that you are into him. its a win win situation for him. if you ignore him and don't text him first. he probably wil ignore it and act like nothing happened

• So he know for sure that you like him and your friends aren't just pranking him.