Met a guy last night...Should I wait to text him?

I kissed a guy I met at a club last night, and gave him my phone number. He texted me after I left saying he had a good time, thought I was cute, etc., but hasn't texted today. I know meeting people in clubs is kind of a bad idea, but he was a really good dancer and kisser, and we kind of hit it off.

I don't know if it's just stupid for me to want something to come of this, but I kind of do. Would it be weird for me to text him? What could I say? Should I wait a few days?

Most Helpful Guy

• text him first

• I did today! So far, so good. Thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• Yes the rule is you have to wait the 3 days because that's what jesus waited or something.

• yeah well I've waited 3 days before once and it turned out awesome and I texted a girl straight away after and it was horrible, so go figure. I believe it gives them just enough time to start missing you.

• Well, I texted him today anyway... we made some tentative plans to hang out next weekend. So far, so good.

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds to me like he's into having you for a booty call. You kissed him at the club just after meeting him, what would you do if he invited you over?

• Yeaah, I know. And I'm not even sure what I want. Honestly, I'd love to just make out with him hah, but the chances of having him over and just making out are probably slim. I dunno. I just keep thinking about him, and I'm not sure what to do.

• So, figure out what you want. There isn't like a rule for how long to wait.

• Wait a day to text him. If he doesn't text you, send him a quick "Hey, what's up?". If he takes over 24 hours to respond or doesn't keep the conversation going, he's not interested. If he tries to keep the conversation going and starts sending you occasional texts throughout the day, he likes you. Most likely, if you met him in a club, he's probably just looking for some fun and fooling around--not a serious relationship.

• I actually don't want a serious relationship either, so that might be okay... Thanks for the advice. I might try that.

• You could do a casual hey what's up if you don't hear from him in the next two days, however since you did meet at a club, your expectations shouldn't be too high. See how he responds and afte rthat text don't contact him if he doesn't initiate a conversation afterwards.

• Yeah, I don't want to text him and have him just completely ignore me afterward and feel like an idiot... So I feel like I need to have something more to say than just "what's up?" you know?

• just say hey how's everything going what have you been up to all week?

• hm, yeah, maybe. thanks for the advice!