Why do moms give bad dating advice to their sons?

My mom told me that if you appreciate and treat women with respect then women will love you. However, I soon realize that was a bad advice when I constantly saw women turning me down even though I treated women with respect and appreciated them. I had to learn by looking at how my father interacted with women. I remember seeing my dad approach women and telling them things like "come here baby" or "you're very hot". At the time I didn't like that my dad approached women because he was still married but in a way he was showing me how to interact with women. Why do moms give bad dating advices to their sons?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because moms give their advice thinking it will help you. But it actually makes you fail; of course your mom probably says. "Be nice to the girl, and open doors for them."

That only works if a girl is attracted to you.

And she thinks girls will like you, and that you'll be successful just because you're her son. All mom's who care about their children do.

Mom's also hate it when you say their baby is ugly, they will almost always disagree with you. even if it is true. you know why? because it's THEIR child, it came from them. I know...But omen are just like that.

What Girls Said 5

• Because their mom's want them to stay their little baby boys for the rest of forever and don't want some god awful evil little wench sinking her claws into her little snookums and stealing him away...seriously, my mom gives me bad advice too, it might just be a mom to child thing and not just a mom to son thing...I don't know.

• It's a different time and a different generation. Things work differently now, not that your dad's approach is the right one. Just saying times are different then it was for parents

• I think it depends on the maturity and possibly the age of the person. I I myself would never go out with someone who is a axxhole and not respectful to me or other peoploe or who was not a gentleman. Perhaps it is the generation of when your mother grew up, where more people did respect others. I don't know why anyone would choose to date someone who wasn't respectful, but I know it happens all the time.

• Because they don't want to admit how f***ing shallow or awful they where when they were teens. They want men to think that all women are sweet little dolls and sh*t. WRONG.

• actually I think your on to something.

• why would you go to your mom for dating advice?

• I didn't ask for advice she would give me her advice on her own will.

What Guys Said 7

• AMEN BROTHA! The sooner you learn to DO THE OPPOSITE of what mom taught you, the quicker you'll have dating success. Hahahahaah!

Bad news for me was that BOTH of my parents gave me horrible dating advice. It's SO DAMN obvious that my mom settled for my dad because you CANNOT get women with what my parents told me.

It honestly took me 4 years of college to learn the BASICS of what women want. Complete mind f*ck.

And getting women really isn't hard. I don't know how my parents failed so badly. Simply show women a few great attributes when you meet them and they'll be into you. Things like: leadership abilities, comfortable in your own skin, confident in yourself, your beliefs/core values, etc. Always works and very simple.

The hard part is knowing yourself and knowing your worth. Takes time to develop!

• Don't generalize, my mom's advice was gold. I can honestly say her advice has helped me get laid. She told me things like, don't be selfish, ,make her feel special and take her somewhere memorable and she will always remember you. She told me stories of her exs and how such and such guy impressed her by doing such and such things. She even gave me funny tips like, always fix her bed if you sleep at her place. Leave her house the same as when you came. Women dig a mysterious man so maintain some secrets so she will be more intrigued.

• Now that I remember she even pushed me to approach women. I remember when I was 15 I saw these two really hot girls on the beach and she told me go talk to them, just say hi I noticed you guys and I just wanted to say I thought you looked nice. Seriously my Mom is TOO F***ING AWESOME :-)

• The only good relationship advice moms can give is how NOT to act. And even that isn't always true.

• Nah, my mom told me straight up that chicks like bad boys.

• Listening to mommy, is one of the reasons why we have all these simps/nice guys running around. Heh, I used to be one of those simps. Mostly due to listening to mommy. lol

• You should always treat women with respect and appreciate how great they can be but just don't be the guy that sucks up to them, or acts like a clingy bitch..

I think moms give bad advice to their sons because at the end of the day they are women, although they know how women like to be treated, they don't know how to pick up a woman.

• If she is a woman and women are liars, then she is a liar. Transitive property, dude.