Can I ask a completely random guy to prom?

So my school is super weird and 2 and a half months before prom starts there is this crazy frenzy of guys asking girls to be their dates. The "peak season" for asking is about to be over and I really want a date, but I know that I won't be asked. All my guy friends are taken and me and my boyfriend just broke up and there is a lot of awkwardness between us unfortunately, so neither of those are options. so I'm essentially left asking this guy that I don't really know that well to prom, who I sorta kinda have a crush on. Would you say yes to a completely random girl? And if she asked you would you think she is weird/creepy/desperate/etc.?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Ask me I'll go :D

• You can always ask anybody anything. There's no such thing as it being illegal to say things or whatever HOWEVER, be prepared to be shot down. If you ask a guy you don't know out to prom, he may say something like "I have a girlfriend" or..."I don't know you". So go ahead and do it, just be prepared for any type of answer. If he says yes, congrats

What Girls Said 2

• Judging by you're picture, I think a lot of guys were probably too intimidated to ask you. So go ahead and ask a guy! Got nothing to lose

• If you don't think he already has a date for prom, go ahead and ask him.