Ladies: texting female friends good morning texts most if not every day?

does that get annoying?

I'm just curious how you feel about good morning texts in general, and how you feel when you get one from the same person (guy friend) most if not all days?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how much time we spend together and how close we are, just like it does with any of my female friends, because those friendships aren't really any different to me. Like I don't send too many 'goodnight' or 'good morning' texts, but I have close friends of both genders who I text with frequently and/or on and off throughout the day, or at random times about random things [or random pics] that I wouldn't text someone I'm not as close to. These are also girls and guys I can openly talk about just about anything with, without fear of judgement or feeling embarrassed, and I know can relate with and/or appreciate and/or be amused by what I'm saying to them, and if it's of serious nature they know how to keep things to themselves AND give their honest opinions without worrying that they might upset or offend me.

But anyway, I like getting random texts and pictures from those people any time of day or night, even if I don't respond right away due to sleep or work or whatever. They usually make me laugh or crack a smile.

What Girls Said 33

• It would only make sense if you were romantically interested in this "friend" or "friends". Beyond that, regular friends don't text good morning to each other. A lot of people are not at their best in the morning and it could also wake someone up when they were not ready. Finally, it makes you appear to have no life, because most people are way too busy to text good morning other than to their loved one.

• I have a schedule I keep in the morning, so I'm not likely to answer anyone but the two people I expect to hear from on a daily basis.

I appreciate it when someone takes the time to text me first, but it isn't really a big deal. If it's someone I don't talk to much saying nothing of great importance, I tend to ignore the text at any time of day.

• I like them. Whether or not they feel annoying depends largely upon how I feel about the person that they're coming from. If it's my friend they make me happy, if it's a guy who is creeping on me, not so much. If you're her friend, she'll be happy to hear from you. Just don't expect it to turn into a conversation every day.

• My friends never text me in the morning because they I know I am asleep. only one friend is an exception, she texts me random messages now and then in early mornings, and yes I find it annoying specially because she knows I am asleep at that time in the morning, sometimes she would text again when I don't answer her first message. really annoying.

but if the good morning text is from a boyfriend or someone I like, that's cool I guess.

i'd say make sure she likes you, and then text her in the morning, otherwise she might find it annoying.

• Yeah, it would get annoying. I would appreciate the effort but I would rather just talk later and get a "hey what's up" most days. The only dudes I want to get good morning/good night texts from is a guy I'm dating.

• I wouldn't call it annoying per say, but it would raise suspicions. I only receive morning and nightly texts from men who are interested in me. I would expect daily texts from good guy friends, just not immediately in the morning. That being said, I do often get texts from my good guy friend saying, "Dammit, I just woke up," or "I slept in!" But nothing like, "Good morning sweetie huggle bottom pumpkin."

• I would think the guy was hitting on me, honestly. The only guys who ever send me messages like that are my boyfriend and an ex who was trying to date me again before I told him I have a bf.

• I've never done that :P But yes, I would find that annoying! :P

• My female friends whatsapp me almost every morning and I give back a pretty chirpy reply because they have become sister figures for me. When my guy friends text me everyday (it's platonic) I reply dutifully but sometimes I do have a twinge of annoyance. I am guilty of thinking 'WHAT NOW?!'

• If he was purely just a friend I would find it odd and eventually annoying. If he liked me it would make more sense and if I liked him too, I'd like it

• I wouldn't be annoyed. It'd let me know that when he woke up, he thought of me. I don't mind that. :)

• i personally think this is super sweet:) I mean, what better way to start off your day than with a good morning from a good friend? unless she tells you or hints around that it bothers her, then she probably enjoys it:)

• Yep, I will be annoying if he does this to me, even he is my boyfriend. I mean this is too weird just saying morning or night thing. If texting more about how is my life, how about my breakfast, I will accept. And always texting makes me feel like no private space...

• With a friend.. I might.. but i am more incline to say hey what's up or stuff like that.. not really gm.

• if it's just a guy FRIEND, then yeah, that would get old fast. but if she wants more from him, she'll probably think it's sweet... but still don't do it every day lol.

• I love it! As long as he's not a player and texting 10 different girls the same thing.

• A few of my male friends send me good morning texts, and it's rather nice and surprising! But nothing beats getting a good morning text from my boyfriend :D

But. Sometimes it does get rather annoying when you get one EVERYDAY from someone who you aren't really friends with. So.. You should either send it to a good friend, or your girl friend!

• Annooooying! That's the same as constantly being complimented by a guy you don't like. Which I am going through right now...does anyone know how I can tell him to stop without hurting his feelings?

• I wouldn't mind at all. But if a guy would do that everyday, I would think he was hitting on me.

• I think receiving a good morning text takes away from it being special to be honest. But I definitely appreciate it. I have a best guy friend and we used to send each other good night texts, but there was no interest from either of us.

• My bfd did it everyday, that was OK. My best friend, a man, does it, that's OK. Anyone else...everyday, no, annoying.

• I've had guy friends would've done this and it gets really old really fast...

• Lol, I like them. I won't always reply to them though. Depends on how early it's sent.

• everyday? yeah, it's kind of weird

• Well I like it even if we're just friends :)

• It is OK for me. but if I do not like this guy, I will feel uncomfortable and just ignore them.

• eh, I guess a text is better than a call every morning,lol

• i used to love when a guy I liked sent me a good morning text, but maybe not every day...

a

• to me, it wouldn't get annyoing at all

• I love good morning texts, but everyday is too much for me unless it's my bf.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 5

• i would send a good morning text to a close female friend of mine, but I would never do it every day.

• its makes you only a friend, however if girl does it might be different.

• I do not message my female friends like that... They might get one message from me a week. lol

• Nope, if you shower them in constant attention like that then no. Its going to get old and annoying fast.

• lol they find it annoying as hell. girls here are weird