I am 26 dating a 19 year old - is this ok?

So recently I met a girl. Not knowing her age. We went out to dinner and the zoo. We had a great time. I have not had so much fun with a girl in years. Finally I asked her how old are you? I damn near had a heart attack when she said 19! Now I know guys are attracted to younger girls and we are both amazed how much we are attracted to each other with such an age difference. My friends and co workers have said man you have been in such a good mood and they never saw me like this. So I am happy. She is pretty well rounded girl and is mature for a 19 year old. We are both in the medical field she is a CNA and going to school to become an RN. I am a pretty realistic person and understand that 19 and 26 year olds are on totally different playing fields but for some reason it doesn't seem that way with her. Amazingly drama is just flat out not their. Our communication is amazing and we seem to be on the same page. However, I am worried I as well as her can easily fall in love with each other and we are both a little worried and afraid to get hurt. Is it possible for this all to work out? Maybe I should not be letting my feeling out. I know you sometimes don't get choose who you love. But ya I donno! Any advise?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that a 7 year age difference is really that big of a deal. I mean, if you really like her and she likes you, why should it really matter? It sounds to me as though you both are happy together, and it sounds as though she's good for you. I know of so many couples with similar age differences and they're the happiest couples I know. Like my aunt and uncle have about an 11 or 12 year age difference, but they're perfect for each other and are still madly in love with each other. That's not to say that they don't have their periodic disputes, but then again, what couple doesn't?

What Girls Said 4

• 19 and 26 is not that bad, sure its 6 years difference, but I've heard worse. You seem to really like her so her age should not matter. Its not like its illegal.

• Age is irrelevant. If you two are connecting and really get each other, that's all that matters. The younger of the 2 of you is over 18 so, the age issue, in my eyes has sort of gone out the window.

• I don't think it is that much of an age difference. I wouldn't mind.

• If things are going great don't let age stop things. No real problems have come up, right now you are just worrying about the what-ifs. It's not like she's at the club 6 nights a week and flunking out of class, she is someone you're compatible with, she just happens to be a little younger ;) Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Well if you're not using her for sex, then that's always a good thing. But to be honest, it might be tough because you are probably at different stages of your life. You're done with school or almost done, while she is just beginning. Plus she's going to change a lot over the next couple years. But that's not to say it couldn't work, but it just takes 2 special people, that's all.

• There is a ten year age difference between my mother and her boyfriend, they are incredibly happy together, after a certain point age doesn't really matter too much as long as the two involved have the same mind set, maturity level and they are happy together and understand what the age difference means as it applies to them.