Parent chaperone on first date

I'm 16 and I've never been on a date before and this guy asked me to the movies. I asked my mom and she said if she's not going then I'm not going. How can I convince her to not come with us or at least see another movie?

We've liked each other since school started and the school year just ended and we've both gotten over our shyness and we're talking nearly everyday. We're both mature. And we haven't talked sexual in any type of way. He's not the type of guy to try something sexual and outrageous during any date.

***I told him my mom wanted to come and he said it was fine but I'm still a little uncomfortable because I just want to spend time with him and have fun. I can't do that if I feel like I'm being watched

Most Helpful Guy

• "I want to have fun. I can't do that if I feel like I'm being watched".

That's the point ;)

What Guys Said 3

• Its all up to the guy right now, if he is a boss and pulls it off with your mom liking him you will be able to probably be a bit more free with him. But if he is scared and doesn't bond with her then your mom will screw you over.

P.S you won't be able to have a great first date because of this, but its still important

• that's the gayest thing I've ever heard. don't tell her

• It's called lying. Not a challenging concept.

What Girls Said 3

• My parents used to do that when I was a teenager. It sucks, but you'll understand when you're older lol. See if you can compromise with your mom. Ask if your date can come over and have lunch/dinner with your parents before you guys go out. It may just calm her down enough to let you go alone.

• honestly instead of telling mom I am going on a date, tell her ur hanging out with girlfriends

• Don't tell your mom about the date