Girls, how many times do you like to hang out with a guy before you date?

I just want to know how many times does a woman normally want to hang out with a guy, or how long she is friends with him before she decides she wants to date him?

doctorwhofan23 terrific question! Girls how do we (guys) not get friend zoned?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, this is too general to give a specific answer. There's no set number of a times a girl hangs out with a guy friend before she thinks "I want to date him." If she's not attracted to the guy, interested in someone else, or just doesn't want a relationship, she won't want to date him.

If she's attracted to him, she could think he's not interested in her so she doesn't date him. Or maybe she doesn't like his personality and has to get to know him better before she considers going on a date with him.

There are just too many things at play to give a definite answer here.

• Thanks for BA!

If a guy doesn't want to get friend zoned, he needs to make it known that he's interested in her. In other words, FLIRT. Don't be afraid to be obvious about it.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't friend zone guys. I ether like you as a person and am attracted to u. or I just like you asa person I know immediately if I'm attracted to someone takes a few months to know whether I want to date them. it takes a few months to know if I want to be friends. but it only takes3seconds to know whether I want to sleep with them.or at least whether I can imagine doing so.

theres nothing magical you do. its not like I'm a puppet. I either like you a certain way or I dont. people have diff tastes. your not failing when you get rejected. you're just not her/ his type.

• it depends if his seems trust worthy person. its not how many times you hang out. but its between your connection to each other. if she likes you, without having a second thought. she will date with u. some people( like me) starts as friends.. so I can see more his behavior while we are friends, once you are dating, things will change.

• I like to be friends first, I wouldn't date someone completely new that I just met.

• everyone is differnt. for me a few months. I like to be friends first.

• It depends. Sometimes the dating simply happens by itself.

Some women can decide that they want to date you as soon as you meet. Others may need longer time, getting to know you and afterward the "friendship" can turn into something more.

• If the girl is the type who needs to get to know you she may need more time to decide if you could possibly be dating material. Then again it depends what her intentions are at the point you meet. Is she looking for some fun, does she expect something more serious. Another point to consider is the age of the girl. You interact differently with different people, in respect to the social situation that you are in and in respect to the age group you are dealing with.

• a month to two months

• Never really. You see, I keep friendships and potential relationships completely separate.

• Zero

What Guys Said 1

• Props to the ladies that acknowledge that friendship can be OK and can lead to a relationship! All these damn friend zone questions...

• Theres a difference between being friends and being friend zoned.

• Friendship does not lead to a relationship.

Some friends have relationship potential from day 1. In those cases, friendship can be turned into more. Most friendships do not have relationship potential, and never will. The 'friend zone' generally refers to a guy who hoped he was in category one actually making the move and discovering he was in category 2.

Its difficult for people who are trying to move slowly towards relationship to be friends without it being unbalanced.

• "Friendship does not lead to a relationship.

Some friends have relationship potential from day 1. In those cases, friendship can be turned into more."

... 0.o

Your contradictions I guess prove my point? So much arbitrariness, the "friend zone" essentially doesn't exist. Though I agree about your definition of it, but again, it relies on a contingency for the guy to perpetuate that situation and for the definition of "friend" being subjective.