5 Cartoons I Loved Growing Up

(DISCLAIMER:The views and opinions expressed in this take are mine and mine alone. If you agree or disagree please list your own down below. )

Cartoons are some of the best childhood memories we have ever had. Waking up early on Saturday mornings with sugary cereal to watch Nickelodeon,Cartoon Network,or Disney are some of the best memories for kids of the 80s,90s,and 2000s. But let's get to five I loved.

1. Rugrats

This cartoon was a automatic classic. Every one loved this cartoon. I mean talking babies who go on adventures,what's not to love? The characters were very memorable and adults and children alike could delight and connect with the characters.

2. Spongebob Squarepants

Sure the newer episodes leave a lot to be desired and I have said in a recently made mytake that it's time has ran out. But, the fact still remains I really enjoyed it in it's younger run. I remember my grandmother really liked Squidward the most.

3. Phineas and Ferb

Although I've always been a fan of Disney movies, Disney Channel shows not so much. But, there are two exceptions of ones I really liked (which will be later mentioned) . Phineas and Ferb was my top choice on Disney Channel. The plot line was always the same : The boys were bored, they invent something,Perry goes off and fights Dr Doofenschmirtz, and Candice tries to bust her brothers, but ultimately fails big time. But, in a way it kind of stayed fresh and enjoyable with all the different ideas they used.

4. Kim Possible

This is the second Disney channel cartoon that was my favorite. The series was just so funny and Kim and Ron really made a cute couple. Plus don't forget the naked mole rat Rufus!

5. Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends

This show was one of Cartoon Networks best besides Powerpuff girls. I loved the fact all the imaginary friends had redeeming qualities people could identify with. Plus it made the idea of imaginary friends even more popular.

So what were five cartoons you liked? Comment yours below!

smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 10

• I loved Kim Possible and Rugrats. I also loved Boy meets World. I am trying to find somewhere where I can watch it.

• Rugrats, Kim Possible and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends were good shows.

I enjoyed Thundercats, X-Men (90s), Wolverine and the X-Men, Sailor Moon, Jem and the Holograms, She-Ra, Dragonball Z, Voltron, Batman the Animated series, Justice League Unlimited, Freakazoid, and Dexter's Lab.

• Where is Dexter's laboratory?

• Numbered for aesthetics-based on how long and intense my childhood obsession was and if I could watch it again now.
    1. Powerpuff Girls
    2. Courage the Cowardly Dog
    3. Johnny Bravo
    4. Spy Girls
    5. Hey Arnold
    honorable mentions
    Madeline, Dexter's Laboratory, The Wild Thornberrys, Cow and Chicken, Rugrats, Catdog, Rocket Power, and as an older kid, OMG Spongebob :)

• I used to love Kim Possible!! And I used to watch all those listed above. SpongeBob Squarepants? I still watch it 😂

• Love them all! Good list though, mix of old school and new (:

• Yup! All time favorites!

• I babysat (?) for a girl who loved Totally Spies and I really enjoyed that show too.

• I loved Sailor Moon, Digimon, The Proud Family, The Berenstein Bears, and Arthur (and many more :) )

• Yess these shows are the Best, I loved watching them too. :) Also, I really liked courage the cowardly dog & fairly odd parents. :)

What Guys Said 1

• I need pictures, I didn't remember all the names.