5 Bad Movies That Everyone Loved for Some Reason

1. Scream

It was released in 1996 and was one of the first slasher movies. The movie goes from one "jump scare" to the other and it makes you laugh instead of scaring you. Director Wes Craven was fully aware of that, as he said during an interview "the reason young people go to the theater is because they already have fears and need a place to bring all this stuff out".

It became a teenagers favourite mostly because of the mask I guess.

2. Demolition Man

"R" rated satirical sci-fi action movie with Stallone as John Spartan and a yellow haired Wesley Snipes as the bad guy, Simon Phoenix. That thing about language violation always cracks me up. By the way, I still have no idea what's the story with the three sea shells. Someone please explain it to me.

3. Commando

This one must have been totally hilarious even by the standards of that time.

Arnie can make you laugh only with his accent but here you also have him as a one man army gunning down hundreds of Latino terrorists, with fake moustaches, to save his daughter. I'm giving you the epic gear up scene.

4. Judge Dredd

Another one with Stallone, this time in the role of the famous comic book hero Judge Dredd.
Embarassingly awkward performances and dialogues. and yet I still enjoy watching it. Especially the final scene with Stallone full of blood and scars, worn out from the fight and just like this he puts on his armour and goes out to the streets the hunt criminals. Typical macho man.

5. Heartbreak Ridge

This is my favourite. Clint Eastwood portraying Sgt. Highway, a USMC veteran of the Korean and Vietnam wars. During his last months in service before mandatory retirement he witnesses the pussyfication of the new-fashioned Marine Corps and clashes with his superiors in order to get his platoon in shape. Along with his sidekick Stitch Jones and too much profanity to count, Clint Eastwood gives us one of his richest performances. I can't find another movie with more memorable lines and funny moments than this one.

So that's it. I know I can add more to the list. but I'll leave that to you. Give me your favourite "so bad so good" movie.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

• 4d

ı guess ı watched scream but didn't like it

• 6d

cool list

• 18d

Nice list xx

• 20d

I've seen only Scream, but I didn't liked it.

• 16d

You watched the wrong one.

"I know what you did" was much better :)

• 20d

I actually haven't seen any of these. In fact, Scream is the only one of these that I have heard of.

• 20d

I could understand about Heartbreak Ridge. It's not exactly a woman's movie but it surprises me that you haven't heard from Demolition man at least.

• 20d

I like the first one but agree with the others.

What Guys Said 11

• 20d

I hate slasher movies (I feel brain cells dying when I watch them) but I really liked Scream. It had that hint of parody, as if there were parts where it was making fun of itself, and I actually thought the killer (s) were just totally loco... maybe the way psycho teens might actually act. :P

Demolition Man was indeed bad but for some reason, when it shows up on TV or something, I find myself watching it... not sure what that's about.

Commando was also bad; didn't like it, same for Judge Dredd. Never saw Heartbreak Ridge.

• 14d

Scream is the only good movie on this list and I've never known anyone who thought the rest of that trash was good.

scream was not the first slasher film there were countless slasher films before that. It was a satire of slasher films. a point i think you missed.

• 15d

bizimkiler gibi

• 16d

The first scream was pretty good. It was a creative take on the slasher genre. And one of the things that made it special, was that it was self aware, it knew it's audience. The humor came in because it was breaking walls, fourth, third wall break, it knew that you knew, and was catering to audience, almost like rocky horror picture show, you enjoyed the movie because it was presented on your wavelength. Hopefully that make since... other choices were good though

• 19d

You forgot napolean dynamite. That movie was total flaming dumpster fire

• 20d

My five are: Roadhouse, Drop Dead Fred, Bloodsport, Face/Off and The Wickerman (the original).

• 20d

I know Face off and Bloodsport. :D

• 18d

What the original needed was some hoe getting ray riced by a dude in a bear suit 😂

• 18d

@Other_Tommy_Wiseau Ha! That's hilarious and easily pictured... maybe it's in the deleted scenes.

• 20d

The Big Lebowski. Finally saw it after years of seeing people quote it and hearing it was a cult classic. Well, "Dude", it SUCKED.

• 20d

Scream was real bad. Like buy a gun bitch already.

• 20d

Dude Scream is a parody of the whole slasher genre which is why you see all the jump scares and it makes you laugh.

• 20d

Of the above mentioned the ones I have the most memories of are Scream and Commando.

Commando was very cheezy that I laughed when I watched it. It really was hilarious. It's too funny and too bad, that I'm glad it ended as a standalone film without sequels. It think it was the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie with the highest body count with around 100 confirmed kills on screen or something, at least that's what I remembered it most for, besides the cheezy dialogue and fight scenes that had me laughing throughout, especially the fight Arnold had with Bill Duke, the same guy that played Mac in Predator.

After the first 2 Scream movies I got bored of it, the only thing that might be interesting is that the antagonists are different each movie since they're only human and not some uber ridiculous overpower demonic or undead being like Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees that just keeps coming back to life over and over no matter how many times they had died.

Scream movies became more of a guessing game of who the human psychopath that is behind the killings in each movie, which is like the only thing that was refreshing at the time as a new concept Wes Craven came up with. But I lost interest in Scream after the first two movies, although I did eventually watch the third one, but by then I felt meh whatever.

• 20d

Slasher films were around decades before scream. By the time scream came out the genre was a worn out cliche.

Scream revitalized one type of new slasher by being self referentially funny and parodying its own genre. That's why it was popular at the time.