Awesome Books Whose Movies Fell Short

I absolutely love to read. It is my passion. I am the type of person who immerses herself in the storyline, the characters feel like they are a part of my existence, I experience their joy and their pain. I love to lose myself in plot, shutting out the world around me so that I can be someone else, be somewhere else, if only for a little while.

Someone on GAG posed a question about what movies you thought turned out better than the book. For me the answer is: NONE I feel that movies just can’t portray the thoughts and feelings of the characters as accurately as the book.

That being said there are a few movies that I think are good representations of the book but fall short of being great.

The Notebook

Awesome Books Whose Movies Fell Short

Gone Girl

The Harry Potter Series

The Time Traveler’s Wife

The Help

The one movie that I waited forever to see with such high hopes that turned out to be one of the worst movie series in history:

Twilight

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 2

• "harry potter"?
    okaaaay?
    Especially when it comes to book 6 and 7, the moves were far better than the book. The reason movie 7 and 8 was kinda bad is because the book SUCKED! It felt like the script for some linear videogame, or something. The books were waay too long, and there were waay too much unnecesary time spent. The movie at least managed to make those parts somewhat interresting

• lord of the rings... books were good, movies were shit.

What Girls Said 2

• 'But you'll come back each time you leave.. Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream! ' <3

• I used to love those Lemony Snicket books?
    (Spelling probably off) A Series of Unfortunate Events... The movie sucked. They murdered it, I was super upset. I have no clue what they were thinking.
    Also I used to read these books Angus, thongs, and full frontal snogging.
    The movie sucked for that too.
    Terrible.