CADEAUX Magazine Covers: what do you think ⚠️ ?

I've asked a question like this before. Check it out if you like. The cover on that one is, arguably, much more daring.
http://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-behavior/q1530079-what-do-you-guys-think-of-this-magazine-cover-cadeaux

I've decided to do another one particularly for the newer 'wave' of GaG users, especially all the youngin's I've seen out there. :)

I'd really like to know what you think. All opinions are more than welcome.
CADEAUX Magazine Covers: what do you think ⚠️ ?In case you missed it: The pictures above depict a well known child model. Her name is Thylane Lena-Rose Blondeau, and in these pictures she is 10 years old. Now she is 14.
Who the hell looked like this at 14? -.- ^^^^ puberty is such a selctive bitch i swear. #banANNArant [?]

ANYWAY, Some questions to provoke your thoughts:

- What kind of visual symbols are operating in these covers?
- What message do you think they aim to convey?
- Is this liberating or detrimental to children?
- Are these covers really about the child, or is there something more to them?

• OMGGG YAAAASSSS W. E. R. K!!! 🙌🏽👏🏽
  • UGH! Good lawd. What the flamin hell is this? 😡👎🏽
  • Eh, I don't care. Media is media. 😶
  • ... I'm confused. I kinda like it, but I also don't, yet I still do? 😐

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously I am astounded they were allowed to publish this. It is brazen sexualisation of a child.
    (1) This a surefire winner for the magazine - Of course it is bound to attract criticism but they will hide behind we were just trying to bring up a discussion on the topic BUT of course in media what sells controversy, being all over coffee morning television or being safe and not being talked about. Believe the editorial staff in the cocktail bar at the successful issue where not patting themselves in the back for raising awareness on everything from mainstreaming child pornography to body esteem issues.
    (2) The message is "We will do anything to sell a magazine"
    (3) I don't usually swear but DETRI - FUCKING - MENTAL
    (4) Editor :- Who cares about the kid - She could be a strung out heroin addict model in 10 years (What are the monthly sales figures and the amount of my bonus)

• so well put, and it is quite sad isn't it?
      im also appreciative of you answering those 4 questions.
      thanks for the input.

Most Helpful Girl

• I saw these before actually, I know for sure there was an issue with this same child model in some magazine (Vogue maybe? Blah can't remember) and they pulled the girl from doing more because they were under fire from the media. As a graphics designer I understand the effect presenting perfect images of women has on the masses. Think of it, only recently has society moved towards embracing oneself as is, imperfections and all. This has not even been totally achieved in convincing every women to love themself and not judge what they are worth based on comparisons to models made to appear perfect in magazines. Children themselves are so impressionable, the media already has such a negative effect on their self esteem and to go to this level of dressing a little girl like this and presenting her as perfect, whilst knowing other little girls would then use this type of image (wherever they see it) as a bar set to how they should be, is very irresponsible of the magazine (s) in my opinion. No amount of money is worth making a child feel they are not good enough being themselves scars and all. It has already been done to women for decades, this was taking it way too far.

• if it were Vogue i wouldn't be surprised. oh wow, it's good to see the perspective of someone in the field..
      i completely agree. hopefully we don't see as much of this in the long term. thanks so much for your input.

• I really hope it does not become a trend :/ That thought alone is appalling! Good question!

What Guys Said 27

• I honestly don't know if they're trying to do something meaningful and artistic that I'm missing but as far as I can see, that's creepy. I'm suprised that's allowed and I hope they get punished for it.

Also, child models at 10? Why? At the risk of sounding old fashioned or controlling, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't let her do something like that.

• i agree.
      pretty sad isn't it. much too young.

• you've just asked a question that is highly debatable. plenty believe they shouldn't be repressed and go for it, and others believe that this is ridiculous.

ok good :)

• I suppose only people who disagree with it think they are too young to consent. :P

• I'd never let my daughter model at that age. I probably wouldn't want them go model at 18 either.

• I don't really read magazines like this so I wouldn't know much about em.

To me all I see are children/child being treated as adults and being robbed of their childhood, I never agreed-ed with child models that business has broken and ruined plenty of able adults and is a cut throat business. A child really has no place in it, let the kid be a kid, because once that childhood is gone your never getting it back and you'll regret it later, if she wants to become a model when she's an adult then by all means let give it a shot.

Don't get me wrong the pictures and the girl are classy and beautiful but at what cost did she pay and how much stress did she endure to become ready to take those pictures and to take the next ones.

• I don't know if i would be comfortable with a child model for my daughter. But if she did, that money definitely is going towards the college fund lol.

• I voted B. We have quite bad experiences with pedophiles here in Belgium and putting a 14 year old girl in a provocative outfit onto the cover of a magazine, is not a good idea!
    I don't have a problem with children having some possibilities to come in the media but preferably not in this way :-(

• my goodness =/
      yeah id agree. well said.

• omg seriously? I've never heard of him.
      shit that is really horrible. makes me so angry.

• Yeah it was one of the most horrible crimes ever in Belgium. It's about 15 years back.
      So sad :-(

• Is there a shortage of pedophiles or something?
    Meh, I don't really care. I voted C. I probably wouldn't have heard of or seen this, if it hadn't been for your post.

• This gives me the fucking creeps tbh.

• Its kind of unfortunate to be honest but its not new that the adult population glorifies children as sexual creatures.
    I remember at that age i jumped around in the mud and slid and had fun... hell i still do smh.

• It really gets me wondering who's the audience? I doubt most 10-12 year olds or whatever read this, that's why it's creepy to me.

• I don't like it at all. She's still a kid at 14, let alone being 10. It's portrayals like these that encourage little children to act and attempt to look older than they are, leading to disastrous consequences for the unlucky ones. Kids, give yourselves time to grow!

• i agree. i feel kids r growing up way too fast these days. my own sister wears more makeup than i do on an average day and she's 15.

• We all know Justin Bieber had a sex change, so why does the magazine keep bringing it up, they should just let Bieber live as the woman he's meant to be in peace.

• LOL u totally just recalled ur comment from last time didn't u?

• Yep, soon as I seen that first picture, I automatically remembered my answer from the other question.

• I doubt it's conducive to the psychological health of the children.
    Not only are we placing them on a pedestal, we are also presenting them in a manner that is absolutely abnormal.
    I don't appreciate it.
    *also, I'm glad to see you still do kewl polls banana!!!

• its a little creepy to me tbh

• Why is the child looking like 25 years old. It's inappropriate

• They are too young for this

• Child porn. Plain and simple.

• What in the flaming hell is this?

• I think it's gross. I wish there were more normal people in this world lol. I've never heard of that magazine but I wish they'd do something entirely different to draw attention besides this.

• How do you pronounce the first word 😧

• Looks like legal pedo porn, dont like it at all.

• That's not how a child is suppose to dress
    The mags are robing them of their childhoods

• That's sick. Sexualizing a child like that is just sick.

• It's too much for that age. Media has gotten out of control, for real.

• This is worst than child beauty pageants :(

• Wow , that kid is hot.

• Not really my thing. I'm into women. Seems like that point of view is getting rarer these days.

• Thanks for the upvote. What's your take, QA?

• It seems that somewhere along the line we stopped just celebrating crazy hot women!

• So... child porn? Creepy.

What Girls Said 22

• I never thought I'd quote Chief Keef but:
    images.rapgenius.com/...414a688d62e.445x250x25.gif

• 4|3
  • I cannot understand how the adults who did this are not under investigation. This is blatant sexualisation of a child. She looks like a hooker, they have dressed her to look like someone who takes money for sex. They have purposefully made her look as if she is trying to be sexually enticing. Like they want people to want to have sex with her, a child. They did it on purpose. Her parents... words do not exist for what they are. They just shouldn't be allowed to have children.

I find it all disgusting. Utterly disgusting.

• I just had a wtf moment!

• Kids should be able to enjoy their youth. I feel like the way they are in the magazine kinda encourages them to look older than they are and pretty much skip that fun child/tween stage. I understand dressing up for fun but I feel like this goes past that. And it's kind of like yet another unrealistic expectation of what they're going to think they "should" look like.

• omg so true. childhood is just completely destroyed, or at least destroyed quicker.

• I would never let my child do that! I don't think it's healthy for a kid to be acring so old at such a young age. Why would I let her burn the steps and jump up to adulthood instead of enjoying every phase of her life?

• This pisses me off so much. Just let kids be kids and stop sexualing ten year olds!
    reactiongifs.me/.../...s-frustration-fuck-this.gif

I remember when i was in second grade i got a cut on my shoulder and so i pulled my sleeve down to avoid to avoid getting blood on my shoulder and was about to go to the nurse and my teacher said to not do that because it would "distract the boys" i didn't feel pissed off then, but i do now because i was in freaking second grade.

"puberty is such a selctive bitch i swear"
    HAHAHAHA ^^^^ that sentence is gold.

• Wow they were afraid you'd distract 2nd grade boys? Sounds like one of those Fundamentalist Christian schools

• I've heard of them. I've had friends who were in the fundamentalist movement although I wasn't I was Southern Baptist which is totally different than Fundamentalist Baptist. But I digress. I've heard how awful the fundy movement is. I did go to a fundy church once and let me just say they take everything too literal from what it's supposed to mean.

• OMG THANK YOU! that gif is perfect.
      my gosh i didn't think the teacher would say that to u in the 2nd grade =/ i guess it's part of their job.

LOL i read back on stuff i write when I'm ranting and I'm just like, wtf is up with my brain?

• OH MY JESUS!

• I think this is definitely negative, putting a child in that media at that age is terrible, you teach them how they should look like, they can even get in their heads with all the weight stuff and the pressure gets big and could have bad results in the future, plus this poor kid is wearing so much make up and she's so young😱 i didn't even know what make up was at that age haha, I hope she feels comfortable without it. I personally dislike this industry and putting a child in it is completely wrong, kids need to do kids stuff

• yeah, i just can't imagine how she felt when she first started. she probably had no idea what she was doing and who she was doing it for.
      i always love your opinion on matters like this. thank u for chiming in.

• I know! Is so sad to see how adults use kids to make money..
      Oh thanks! :)

• this made me cringe... i saw the set from above and the hairstyle and i was like 'gonna see some hot models' but as i scrolled down i realized it is a child and...
    eeh... this is creepy

• yeah it's pretty sad isn't it? =/
      so much corruption comes with the media.

• Especially her looks... When i saw the top of the picture, i saw the hair first and i was expecting to see a hot model. This is what people would say first thng, they would wait to see the hot model, but then she would turn out to be a child.
      eeeh creepy!

• creepy as heck *cringes*

• Hell no. I wouldn't want either of my daughters looking like that on magazines at that age. While I allow them to play dress up and wear makeup at home, there's certainly a limit about how they look in public though and I find it incredibly sad that these children are being exploited like that. This is a pedophiles dream right here.

• definitely. there's gotta b a limit somewhere, and i like how u limit that to the home where that kind of stuff is contained and 'innocent'.

• i voted B... ugh
    *shakes head*

• Definitely weird...
    o. O

• Oh the pedophiles will love this!

• I saw the first photo, and I felt like it was strange. Something was wrong with it. And then I realized that SHE IS A KID!!! I am pissed right now at the magazine and her parents. She has no childhood, thanks to some money-obsessed assholes.

• Eww... She looks like a little kid trying to be sexy. Here come the pedophiles. I can't even.

• Wow she is even prettier now as a teen. When she was a kid she just looked like a kid Witt too much makeup and mature clothes

• i know omg, she's stunning. true, i feel she's been treated like an object in these pics.

• What is the general subject matter of the magazine?

Who is it aimed at?

and.. this is like, the high fashion version of when Britney Spears came out.

I remember sooo many of us wanted to dress like her and be like her

• That's not sexual to me. I like the outfits. Depends on how you look at it. People are obsessed with sexuality nowadays.

• Old news, no one cares about those pictures anymore.

• nothing to do with the question.

• Try asking something interesting, maybe then I'll give you a good, valuable answer entirely related to your question.

• i never asked u to enter the thread. if u don't like it, keep moving. simple.
      u trolls dont phase me at all.

• Wtf, that is completely inappropriate. A child should not be wearing makeup or heels or posing in that sexual manner.

• That 1st photo cover disgusts me how she's dressed like a 25 year old