How to deal with a loner friend?

Ok so I have this friend who's a guy. He's kind of a shy introverted loner type of person, which is fine by me. The problem is we only hangout like once a month. Plus, he's super cheap. He never answers the phone but will usually text me back within 12 hours or so. I know how loners are and how they need their time alone and everything, but couldn't he at least answer the phone and have a conversation with me so we can see how each other is doing? I only call him about once every week or two. I don't have many friends so it's nice to be able to talk to people. Anyone have any tips on how to get a loner guy to talk to me more and hangout more than once a month. When he does want to hang out he just like call me up that day and want to hangout almost right then and their.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keep trying. Keep doing what you're doing. Let him know that you enjoy his company and you enjoy hearing from him. There's a possibility that it might annoy him but he might actually think that he is the one being bothersome by texting you and hanging out with you. I just think its not worth it to back off because he might actually think that no one cares about him. There's so many loners out there that think no one cares about them and some of them end up depressed or in extreme cases taking their own life. Its possible that he really does enjoy be alone but I just think its better to pester him a bit than to have him feeling alone and like no one cares about him.