5 Simple beauty DIYs

5 Simple beauty DIYs

I’m a very crafty and creative person. I love trying new things. Lately I have been into organic products instead of using chemicals. So I’ve started using things that I could find in my kitchen as beauty products. They have been working great and I thought I might as well just spare people the long searches and give you some of the best ones I’ve been using.

1- Hair build-up removal

5 Simple beauty DIYs

What does it do : This one is amazing as an anti-build-up/dandruff shampoo. It exfoliates really well. I use it once a week and it costs less than head and shoulders !!

How to make it :

• Three to four Tbsp of brown sugar (it exfoliates anything ! your hair/lips/skin)
  • 2 Tbsp of conditionner (anything you usually use and that works with your hair)
  • A Tsp of cinnamon (optional, it slightly lightens the hair and gives a very nice smell)

How to apply it : Right before you shower mix the three together and use it as a conditionner or as a shampoo leave it in for 5 min. Sometimes I only use it because of the chemicals in shampoos. You can shampoo your hair after to remove any sugar or cinnamon left.

—> Do it once a week

2- Hair lightening

What does it do : It lightens the hair but a lot less than bleaching. It is gentle and gradual

How to make it :

• 2 tablespoons of honey (raw honey is better because it has more peroxyde you can also add peroxyde capsules for a more drastic change)
  • 2 tablespoons of cinnamon or cardamom
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil (If you have an aversion to the greasy sensation that olive oil can leave on the hair skip it.)
  • From here you have two options :
  1. Long hair: 1/2 cup of water, Short hair: 1/4 cup of water AND/OR
  2. 2 Tbsp of conditionner (I usually just put conditionner because the texture allows it to be easily put in the hair)

—> Let the mixture sit for 30 min

How to apply it : THIS IS MESSY ! so put a towel (old) on your shoulder to prevent stains on your clothes and maybe a towel on the floor (less cleaning to do afterwards)

Just take some of the mixture in your hand and comb it through your hair evenly until you have used it all and put it throughout all of your hair

Leave it in your hair from 1 hour to over night depending on how dark your hair is. Then just wash it out of your hair.

—> Repeat it once a week until you get the results you want.

3- Teeth whitening

What does it do : Whitens your teeth !!!

How to make it :

• Mix 1 Tsp of Turmeric with 1 to 2 Tsp of water
  • An old toothbrush as turmeric stains (everything but your teeth !)

How to apply it : Brush the mixture on your teeth leave it there for 5 min. Wash it out and brush your teeth normally to remove the remains of the turmeric.

—> Do it twice a week ( What I usually do is use the turmeric tooth brush that has some remaining turmeric on it and just quickly brush my teeth with it in the morning before a normal brushing)

4- Face mask

What does it do : This one is amazing ! It removes blackheads (gradually), closes your pores, and removes acne scars (for real !)

How to make it :

• 1 egg separate the whites from the yolk
  • A brush ( for painting, cooking or make up just to apply the egg)
  • Tissue paper ( separate the layers to get a thin layer (two layers together is good))

How to apply it : Whisk the whites to get them a little fluffy then apply it with the brush on your face. Then apply the tissue paper on your face in order to create a mask. Apply the whites again on your face hence on the tissue. Let it dry for 20-30 min (you will feel it harden). Peel it off ! Wash your face.

This is optional : if you do not want to waste the yolk (or cook it) apply it on your face with the brush let it dry for 10 min and then wash it off and Voila !

—> You can do it as much as you want !

5- Skin whitening

What does it do : Is use this for my underarms but you can use it on any darker area to whiten the skin. It also controls the odors of your underarms !

How to make it :

• 1 Tsp of olive oil (extra virgin is better)
  • 1 Tbsp of brown sugar
  • And your shower !

How to apply it : Wet the part you want to whiten. Rub the oil on it. Then take pinches of sugar and rub them (to exfoliate) on the oil. Leave it there for 5 min and then wash it out and normally wash yourself.

You can also mix them (with larger quantities : 1 cup brown sugar for 2Tbsp of oil) and keep them in a jar and use it when you need it.

—> Do this at least twice a week to see the results !

Little bonus : For acne problems mix a tsp of cinnamon and 2 tsp of honey and mix them together and use it as a mask. After washing it off use toner or lemon juice. You can do it almost daily (you can also preserve it and dab it when you need it on the area where you have acne).

So here are my little tips hope this helps you save money and a trip to the beauty shop (because the kitchen is so much closer ! )

Although this may seem very odd and disturbing to some people. Trust me it's worth it ! It's quick and easy ! Plus there is an explanation behing every ingredient !

If you have any questions I'll be happy to help you !

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 1

• have you guys tried olive oil in the hair for 30 minutes, for dry hair.

• I usually add it to mixes when I feel that my hair is dry ! And It works great !!

What Girls Said 9

• Cool, I'll try the egg white mask! Thanks😊

• i've always been using the egg white mask (you can't go wrong with it)... but i think that #5 is only a scrub (the type i always use)

• Great ideas. :)

• egg white mask is really good with instant results

• I disagree with doing things organically by household items. I would be worried about getting reactions, you can get it from other chemical products, but you can know your risks (like hair dye).

• I'll try number 1 soon

• I hope you see the results !

• Thanks. For no2, is cinnamon or cardamom compulsory?

• No it's necessary it's a lightening agent. I recommend cinnamon for the smell ! And after you apply it put on a shower cap or a towel on to prevent stains everywhere !

• Cinnamon and honey face mask love works really good gets rid of redness.

Oh here's one for black heads

Gelatin not flavored pack and a table spoon of milk mix microwave for 15 seconds use as a mask peel off. Works fuckin magic but hurts pretty bad. I usually leave mine on for a half hour or until it's dry.

I'm def going to have to try the hair one for build up. And I really want to try the teeth whitening one I heard it works really well.

Oh and using lemon as a toner is great I usually cut mine in half put some honey on it and then rub it on my face works well.

Great take though :)

• Great take :)

• This is a very wonderful myTake. I can't wait to try these out.