Why women love men with beards

Men with beard are such a turn on for most of the girls. And for me!

Here are some of the reasons why:

: Because it's manly and we love manly!

"we dont like boys, we like men"

Bearded men look more aggressive and like alpha males. A beard signifies the pinnacle of manhood.

Why women love men with beards.

There's nothing manlier than a beard!

^ I meant in looks by the way. :P

: It's sexy and Majestic

Hugh Jackman proves it

:You Appear to Be Mature

For some reason, which however mysterious makes a man look mature with facial beard than being clean shaved.

These are some of the reasons why I love facial hair on guys!

Stubble, trimmed, not trimmed, whatever. We love it. So grow it out guys!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 69

• I've been told the opposite.
    That is why I shave.

• So it is found attractive if the girl is socialized to think and believe that facial hair is an indicator of masculinity and maturity, and the lack of it actually implies the opposite. This is like saying if someone has small boobs, then they are less of a woman.

Maturity comes from knowledge and experience and the way you handle situations, and manliness comes from having male parts. So, eh. I will keep my at-most-stubble and look elsewhere.

• Biologically, if a woman has smaller boobs it signals to a potential mate that she might not be the best suitor for reproduction. The female attraction to facial hair is very much primitive and biological. The production of facial hair is stimulated by testosterone and although women DO have testosterone, it is a dominantly male hormone. Therefore, when a man has nice facial hair, that tells us that he is a man -- that he has quite a bit of testosterone in his system (this is also why we're attracted to deep voices and such) -- and that he would be a perfect mate because he could successfully reproduce.

Like I said, this all comes down to something very biological and extends far into the past. Think 'caveman times'. It's just like if a woman has narrow hips. A man will be more attracted to a woman with wider hips than narrower hips because wider hips tells the man that she is a woman (not prepubescent) and ready for child birth. Just like pubic hair tells us we've hit puberty.

• I don't think you've noticed that I wrote "You appear to be mature" which means you may not be mature but a beard can give you such a look. And I never wrote that Men without beard are less manly, did I? If I gave such a an impression then sorry. It's just a preference there's nothing to fuss over. So chill y'all :D

@RedLiquor biological? lol we are not animals based solely on instinct, we think. And no, you are getting this wrong, I understand your point but your reasons are completely unsupported, first, small boobs has nothing to do with reproductive purposes, it's the hips, biologically and from unmemorable times, hips were a big issue about reproduction purposes, because small or tiny hips were not good to deliver a baby, and man would "instinctively" go for women with bigger hips... anyways that was just for your knowledge... I also think that men with beards look handsome, but would give credit to those that do not grow one and still can look pretty manly...

• this is only like a fucking online fantasy in my reality hahaa.

• i don't understand y this fascination wid beards lately... and a "beardless" face won't make u less than a man. it's just a stereotype. although truth's it makes u more mature, but i don't wanna look mature anyway... LOL

It's surprisin how beards became a thing again though... they were a 70s thing mostly. During 80s,90s,00s most guys went clean-shaven.

i enjoy havin a beardless face more, i feel more comf this way... can't imagine myself bearded.

• To the comments which are harsh and people who took this sexist, I'm sorry you guys felt it this way I should've specified it in my take that it's only a PREFERENCE. and not ALL women like beard yeah.
      .
      Yes ofc, you can go anyway you want. I haven't specified anywhere in my take that other men i. e men who are clean-shaved aren't real men. so please people, stop it with all these rude comments saying that im being sexist and all -_- (PLEASE READ THIS BECAUSE I can't UPDATE MY TAKE)

• ok gotcha u r not sexist i undrstand...
      but still i wonder wot n how beards r back in fashion again o_O

can uassume wot caused this?

• I didn't even know it came back in fashion. I've always loved beards. But I think still lots of girls prefer clean shaved men over bearded men. I just find bearded men sexy and gentleman-ly.

• Lol just remember not all guys have the face to pull off a beard.

• Damn! So a man is not manly if he doesn't have a beard. God, I hope all you girls have huge boobs or you won't be a real woman right?

It's stupid to believe that a man is not a real man if he doesn't have a beard. If that's what you like on a man, good for you, I have nothing against your preference, but don't insult other men cause they aren't what you look for.
    I think beards look good on certain men, there are others that don't look good with it. I like how I look with a stubble and clean shaved, but when I'm more than a week without shaving I don't like how it looks.

• I totally agree. Just because a man does not have abeard it does not mean he is not a man. Who invented tat lame obesrvation? Certain guys look good with beard others not so much. If a lady likes a guy with beard well good for her. I dont like full beard in a man, for me it is kind of gross when yiou are going to kiss it. I prefer stubble and clean shaved and in the case a man has berd plizz groom it well and keep it nicea

• I don't need that. You're still not getting my point.

• I'm gonna throw my two cents in on this. My comments are in parentheses.

Quoting take owner:

Doesn't mean other men are not real men (that's actually what you were implying by saying "we don't like boys, we like men". You were saying men have beards, boys, or fake men, do not have beards)

Why do I have to explain this? (Because you wrote the take)

are you that stupid to think that having a beard is what makes you a real man? (That's what you implied in your first quote. Read it again if you don't believe me)

I'm just conveying that I and some percent of the female populations like guys with facial hair than not (a fact that I'm sure the entire population of gag already knew)

• Nowomen will love me because of my acne scars :(( so i dont care ur take

Scars? who cares about that anyway? puberty fucked us all in some way or the other...

• I don't care what girls like. I always shave my beard because it itches.

• Some or girls don't like

• I thought my goatee made me look like a douche. It served when I lived in the south, but when I moved north I removed it.

• Natural human instincts. We all love to possess what we don't have.. Its more like Oedipus and Electra complexes.

• Masculinity i guess.

• All of the guys in this pictures barley have beards, just coming out of the stubble phase. It is not a true beard unless it can hold a pencil...

• Handsome White men*

• I was looking for scientific links. :/

• Haha you read this Zo :P @soccerchick4eva <3 haha

• does that mean im sexy :o

• Hahah the whole " Oooo isn't he manly and hairy" thing is just pathetic. And " with curves" is code language for 'a bit fat'

• *Handsome* MAN with beards.

fixed.

• Beards are for fags

• More from Guys
    49

What Girls Said 51

• Yep, agree. =)

• i agree with this take lol!!

• I don't think beards make guys look manly or mature.

It's just hair, a thing all people get, but it is sexy.

I just see a beard and think "wow, that's hot. I want me a sex timber man."

• Not all guys can pull off the beard look or mustache. Uggh, I hated it when in middle school the boys started growing mustaches. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

• Hahah. Because they see it as 'tough' and 'cool' but their beard hair isn't that full yet so it looks bad. My beard growth didn't really kick in until a few years ago and even now it's far from perfect still.

• When my boyfriend doesn't have his beard. He looks like he's 14 which I still love because it's extremely cute! He's still extremely cute with his beard but EXTREMELY sexy as fuck!

• I knoow! Gah, I loove men with beardss!! And Jamie Dornan with a beard is *_*

• Jamie dornan yes! <3

• Agree 100 percent.

• Yeah, the beard makes the guy look older but it depends if he can pull it off. And if the beard makes him look like a homeless person or Santa Claus it's eww.

• I dont know why I just think its sexier and makes them look older, just opinion tho. I dont like massive beards lol just stubble or a small beard

• Lmao I read the title as, "why women love men with breasts"

• I disagree. I like clean shaven men. I feel a beard hides your face and makes you look 5+ years older. I love to kiss a guy without his beard getting in my nose. Ill admit Stubble can be sexy BUT it hurts! Conclusion: clean shaven please

Disclaimer: not required if I fall in love. There is always exceptions

• That's what my wife says. and besides who would want to make themselves look older, I have had beards and they are nothing but itchy

• this is a pointless take. clean shaven guys don't look less manly. YOU may prefer beards but the only pictures you have included have slight stubble. That's not even a proper beard. If you claim to love beards so much then show pics of a proper one.

oh, and also don't speak for 'most' girls because you're talking bullcrap

• Well spoken.. my wife loves my clean shaven face. the man makes the man not the beard

• I don't like beards. I loathe them because they hide beautiful jaws. Only 5 o'clock shadows or clean shaven. Full on beards are gross to me.

• I like men's beard when they are thirty.

• Men with beards are sexier

• Speak for yourself!

• I like men with beards. Always have.

• I'm not a fan of beards. Stubble maybe

• i love stubble so much, that I'm going super crazy whenever my boyfriend dating with me with stubble. and he even felt insecure if I'm working with other men with stubble lolz...

• Conclusion: You like older men. I've never seen teenage boys run around with a full beard.

Also, I don't love beards.

• Not totally true. I had a full beard when I was 14.

• @thespartan full beard at 14? that's technically impossible bro... maybe some "thin" moustache yeah... but full beard?

• I had the thin mustache thing when I was 11 and 12.

• More from Girls
    31