Let's Bring it Back: The Male Crop Top

So, maybe you've heard of it, maybe you haven't, but there was a magnificent trend among manny others in the 80's where men could comfortably an stylishly show off thier mid sections. This trend was known as the male crop top, and before you judge, view the beautiful specimen that is Johnny Depp sporting one:

Let's Bring it Back: The Male Crop Top

*fans self*

But seriously, he's rocking it. And look at that slightly there happy trail... Can you say perfection? Anyways, I think this lost trend need to come back. I was inspired by an old picture of my dad and his best friend. His friend was wearing an Ohio State cropped shirt and sweatpants. Dad said that it was a common outfit for guys to wear when working out or playing football. Not only was the look attractive, but seemed cooler to wear while being fashionable.

I mean imagine this sight at a football practice!?

Anyway, in seriousness, the male crop is a great way for guys to show off their bodies and be comfortable, and fashionable with little effort. I am a huge fan of 80's culture and hope that the male crop makes it's way back to us.

I mean Kid Cudi wore one to Coachella and everyone was loving it:

Guys, if you're reading this, cut up an old shirt and try it. If you don't like it no big deal, at least you gave it a chance. Girls are wearing crop tops, why can't you? I mean these days we are bringing back socks with sandals and high waisted shorts..... So why not a male crop top? Anywho, these are my thoughts and I hope I inspired some old/new fashion choices in you guys. Whether you're cropping or not, keep doing your thang.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• I lived through the 80 and never saw one person ever wear a male crop top. It must of been celebrity fashion, like that shit you see in music videos or on a catwalk but everyone in real life thinks is fucking ridiculous...

• I said my dad's friend owned one and he had seen them. But I guess different experiences. Also how could you have lived in the 80's if you are 25? You would have been born in 1990. So you're lying about that, or worse, your age. That's not cool.

• of course it looks good on johnny depp but not all guys are johnny depp we jiggle

• I wouldn't wear it simply because of comfort. I don't like having extra skin exposed and the breezy cloth would irritate me.

• I wound up wearing one one night while messing around with someone one time (don't ask because I don't even know), then again so has my best friend. very bizarre feeling at first but got used to it after a while. Definitely wouldn't and shouldn't wear one outside a house that's for sure.

• It may seem cool and probably a bit more comfortable while playing football, but not all guys would feel comfortable wearing it.
    I would rather have no shirt on if playing football.

• Yeah but the reason it stopped is because men just don't want to wear it so we didn't and still don't. We aren't slaves to fashion like women are. We wear what we actually like.

• Don't assume all women are slaves to fashion, some of us wear what we like as well. There isn't anything wrong with following fashion trends either. Now, enjoy your cargo shorts and single color t shirts.

• I don't wear cargo shorts.

• Oh I bet. Fashion guru.

• That's just atrocious.

• Men also wore skinny jeans and pink lipstick in the 80's. Some trends should stay dead.

• I assume you're thinking of extremely womanly fashion statements such as Poison wore back then... but honestly I feel like this trend was super attractive and not that extreme. If you don't like of that's alright but I'd like to see it around...

What Girls Said 7