Eyeliners: Which one is best for you?

Eyeliner is a wonderful thing: it can change the apparent shape of the eye, it can make your eyes the most prominent facial features and it can make them subtily sparkle. ^-^

Eyeliner: which one is best for you

Pencil Liner

I think this would be my least favorite liner. It’s clumsy, not very saturated, and smudges way too easily. I also hate having to sharpen it constantly to get a good thin line — it seems kind of wasteful.

That being said, it’s the best when you make a mistake - this makes it best for a beginner. It’s a wonderful thing when you can take a clean q-tip and erase the horrible makeup line without having to completely start over.

Liquid Liner

I’d consider this to be more of a love/hate type of liner. I think it best suits the makeup expert (aka not me). It creates a beautiful saturated line with one application. If you’re a pro with a steady hand, this is a dream. Unfortunately, it takes forever to dry. Even if I’m lucky enough to get it right the first time, chances are I’ll blink or look up and smear it all over the place. It’s also really hard to correct any bad lines without looking like a raccoon. Maybe that’s just me though?

Gel Liner

I think gel liner is a good mix of the first two. It has the precision of the liquid liner, with the forgiving nature of the pencil liner. I’d say I use gel liner the most but it’s definitely not perfect. It takes a few layers to get on a nice saturated line which is a bit frustrating.

P.S. The best thing about this liner is that you can have it for years and not even go through half of it (provided you close it properly after every brush dip). ;)

Which one works for you?

LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 4

• honestly I think eye linear is all a girl needs in terms of makeup. Everything else just seems to clog pores and ruin the ability to get a good healthy looking tan/glow.

• Im all about that pencil life

• I'm sorry but I'm very new to this whole thing, what do you mean by saturated?

• I think pencil eyeliner looks a bit more natural and shows more of the woman's real look

• Yes if it's brown. If it's black it's all the same...
      All of these can be a variety of different colors and styles, though.

What Girls Said 22

• i've only used liquid eyeliner so far!!! great take!

• Thank you. =)
      When you're ready, try moving on to gel - I push that on everyone. Haha It's the best thing out there. ;)

• am gonna try the gel one ;)

• Pencil eyeliner for my lower lash line/water line, and Liquid eyeliner for my cat-line on my upper lash line

• I really find it easier to draw cat eyes with a liquid eyeliner!

• I don't know why gurls complain about pencils. You obviously used/are using the wrong one then. There are tons of great brands which produce pencil liners which are well saturated and as black/dark as a liquid liner line AND also are super long lasting - no smudges after applying, unless you rub around it right after applying, when it's still fresh and easy to change best. After that, it looks like any other gel liner/ liquid liner - line.

There are more cheap and useless pens, yes. But if you experiment around, you find the good ones easily. And I prefer them, because you can chose how saturated you want your line to be -either a sexy, super black thin/thick line, or a light, fresh and more natural looking one. An all-in-one liner. That's why I love them... and also, I wear more of a light look for my day (mostly). I like to use as pess of make up as possible for my skin's health-sake. Which means, mascara alone makes a nice difference... a line might be used twice or 3 times a week... that's pretty much it here.^^

• I hate hate hate pencil. I get on with liquid best - I get the look I want with the impact I want and don't have issues applying it. For my lower lids I always use kohl eyeliner

• Liquid eyeliner gang

• I usually use a retractable pencil liner

• liquid liner always. it's easy to correct by rubbing a q-tip against a wet face wipe and using that.

i'll use pencil on my waterline though

• me personally I use an automatic pencil, the ones you have to twist to get more... that way you don't have to sharpen it out the wazoo and sharpen more than you intended...

• I like the gel liner

• I use this easy 2 use eyeliner pen and it works the best for me.

Nice take! :)

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../essence_Augenprodukte_39.jpg

• When i first started using eyeliner started off with eyeliner pencil. I got tired of it then i moved on with liquid eyeliner hm it wasn't the best for me it was alright , then eventually gel eyeliner got my attention and thats is what im using now i love gel eyeliner im an expert with the wings lol.

• Great take!

My personal favourite is an eyeliner pen. You get the look of liquid, with the easy application of a pencil.

• I always do a liquid eyeliner wing :)
    http://i.imgur.com/l8d8reM.jpg

• I go back and forth between gel and liquid. I like liquid for precision and gel if I want to smudge it a bit. For liquid, I suck at controlling the usual brushes, but I found Jesses Girl liquid eyeliner pens. They're a God send. If you have trouble with a steady hand, totally check them out.

• Liquid! And Gel! :) woohoo

• My Problem with pencil liners is that it smudges really easily throughout the day. In the end, i'll look like a racoon anyway.

• Gel love it

• I don't know :/ my eyes are so small :/ I don't know if it would work for me :/

• I use liquid liner but it's in the form of a pen. I found the other liquid liners had some thin handled brush that was hard to draw a precise, clean line and just looked wonky. With the pen I can draw it better. I also use a gel liner pencil, my one is the Party girl liner from BFF cosmetics and I swear by this liner, it's so saturated and amazing.

• More from Girls
    2