The age old debate of Blonds, Brunettes and Red heads

Well... Welcome to my first myTake! I've been here for years but this is the first time I thought of doing this haha. Enjoy!

So here I was reading a poll on which was most popular. many may argue which is best, and some may even suggest that you fuck blondes, date redheads and marry brunettes (or something to that effect I'm not sure how that goes.).

Well for one pigmentation and genetics has nothing to do with personality.

But I have two points to make on hair color. for one it isn't even fair to pitch red heads and blondes into the equasion since... well blondes and red heads combined take up less than 20% of the population, and they're pretty much unseen in other cultures. so if anyone preffered latin peoples or Asians or indians or blacks or.... pretty much anything but caucasion they'd like black hair the most.

ok, even if we talk strictly within the boundries of western society. my second point is different skin colors (as in having cooler or warmer tints to your skin) and different facial features effect how good you look in different hair cuts and hair colors.

Here are some gorgeos ladies and how they look with and without their best (in my opinion)hair color.

Marilyn Monroe looks a bit plainer as a brunette.

Scarlett Johansson looks great as a red head, dark brunette not so much (ok no she's still beautiful just... less insanely gorgeous then when she goes red or auburn.)

Honestly can you imagine platinum blonde Angelina Jolie or Audrey Hepburn? She looked so washed out.

Also Asians almost always look best in blue black hair. To some extent personally I think dark hair looks generally better on other POC women as well.

I think we Asians know this as well since I couldn't find any bleached hair styles of more famous Asian actresses.

if these celebrities look bad in the wrong color, how horrible do you think the wrong hair color could look on an average Jane or John Doe?

Conclusion; the idea of a "best hair color" is pretty illogical once we talk beyond personal preference.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 26

• I like blond, brunette, and brunette with blond highlights.
    I've seen a couple of red heads that look good but it's not really my thing.

• LOL! you nincompoop! Blondes and Redheads are found all over Ireland, Scotland, England, Scandinavia - and Blondes are found all over Germany, Argentina, Spain, Italy (southern), Greece (especially), with Redheads found in Italy's Trentino-Alto-Adige region due to remnant Celtic settlers, in Galicia in Spain and its neighbor Portugal, also in Turkey (Celtic workers in early Middle Ages, the Biblical Galacians), some in AFRICA (go check it out), in Azerbaijan (I know one from there who is Redhead), and even in China there is a minority with suggestively red hair (not totally red). I am sure I left some out, due to the fact that I have known about this for many years and this is off the top of my head.

• I've always liked brunettes the best because they have always liked me the best. Blondes are not into me, never dated a blonde before. Redheads are too rare for me to really think about much but I like them.

• Brunettes or dark hair in general is my preference for the most part although I see the odd red head who are just immensely attractive. Blondes I generally don't like unless it looks very natural on them which is almost never or they're just attractive to the point where I tolerate it. If I were to list it i'd say Brunettes are first, Redheads second, Black hair third and blonde last.

• I'll let the Queen speak on this one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

• red heads any day.

• I think you should stick to your natural color, dying hair too different is not going to match your eyes/brows in a favorable way majority of the time.
    I myself prefer dark hair/dark eyes combination.

• I think red hair looks great.

However, whether it "suits" a woman depends largely on skin and eye color.

Hair should never be lighter than one's skin, in my opinion. Otherwise it usually ends up looking weird to me. This is why blonde hair pretty much only looks good on white people.

Eyes should also be somewhat light in comparison to skin color. Black eyes can look okay on a dark skinned person, but they look really bad on lighter skinned people in my opinion. Light eyes look nice on white people, but they look especially striking on white people with a tan, or darker skinned people.

• And how ruddy vs yellow your skin is determined if you can pull off red hair. This is why a lot of fake red heads, especially darker skinned ones look bad. You need cool/pink/Ruddy skin to have red hair.
      People with a tan or olive skin usually look really bad in it. I once saw a girl half Cecilian and Irish. She dies or bleaches her hair for a reason lol

• No preference but I'll say some women look better with certain hair colors.

• Emma Stone looks hot in all hair colors. Case closed!

• Great take! I think this is a very good point, each hair color looks different depending on the person. It's weird how Scarlett Johannson looks best as a redhead but Angelina Jolie is better as a brunette. I know some girls myself who look better as blondes or redheads, even if it's not their natural color.

• Yeah, as an Asian I have black hair and it works for me, but Caucasian girls have a lot more variation in skin and hair color so not all combinations are the best. The fact that Angelina is a blond just blew my mind haha.

I remember this girl who went from no luck with men whatsoever to one of the most popular girls in school after she died her strawberry blond black... I guess her ruddy pale freckled complexion looks much better with dark hair.

• True I agree with this 100% but my preference is still redheads all the way, doesn't mean I don't like the others, I don't discriminate heheheh !!!=XD

• as always, the redhead woman wins!

• brunettes always win tbh

• I like all three , but a redheaded woman stands out above the crowd , in my book at least.

• Of course, they are rare. Same reason green eyes stand out or albinos. If everyone were red heads and black hair was rare then brunettes would be considered exotic lol.

• People should stay in the color they got by birth. It's for the best look.

• Red hair is the best because they are rare. Its all about rareness.

• Although I don't think Angelina Jolie is all that great looking I do think it is funny you get this glamorous picture of dark hair and find the plainest possible pic for blonde. LOL.
    Sorry, but Blonde hair is by far the best looking on almost every woman. I am dating a red head right now and I really don't like red hair. But I love her...

• I think I saw the Fan Bing Bing, The worst woman on the world.

• It really depends on the woman. I like all.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 14

• I have always thought this was true... You just have to find the right color for yourself...

• I've found that your natural colour tends to work pretty well. Just saying.

• Yeah I suppose. There was this one girl I knew who could have been a few shades darker. The blonde on her looked terrible.

• @BaileyisDarcy Yeah, I get that. =)

• I think the overall consensus is that it has to suit you. Usually, your natural color suits you best. I am naturally blonde with blue eyes. My skin is fair. If I had very dark hair, I would look even paler and more washed out. My blonde hair warms up my skin and goes with the rest of my body.

• i like fair hair and complexions

• I think the best hair color is the color that best compliments the person.

• I think this is thrown out the window when you get to mix ethnicity people. I know mix people who are half black and white who are tan with blue or green eyes and half blond or red hair and they are the most beautiful people I ha e ever seen. I know a girl who is white, black and Korean. She is golden tan, green eyed blond curly hair and Asian features. Stunningly beautiful

• jet black.

• Why are the blondes always slighted? :( im a natural blonde too

• you do realize the whole point of this is saying all hair colors are good as long as it's on the right person right?
      how is this slighting?

• Sorry i reread, I misinterpreted it.

• How hair color looks is dependent on skin tones/colors. Thats what I think. I have black hair and medium dark skin and I often find that blondes dont fit , however black with blond highlights do. I also wear red, blueblack and copper well. If the combination of haorcolor/skintone is done right then the results are rewarding. No one wants anything more than to have that "pop"

• I love blondes and redheads. Never been into brunettes before. I'm a natural blonde but I'm getting my hair done red at the salon on Monday and I couldn't be more excited :) something about red hair is alluring.

• Brunettes... OBVIOUSLY :)

• Yea that blonde hair picture with beyonce has flash that makes her skin look lighter than what it is. I think she should stick with reddish brown hair if she wants to have light hair that bad

Ari and Miu from Wayeva
    data.whicdn.com/images/133416718/superthumb.jpg
    I think light skin Asians look good with this shade of blonde
    Marilyn Monroe is a natural brunette

• I guess I agree, but generally if you go that light people consider it improper, and it's a girls group kind of thing.

We were actually banned from bleaching or dying or perms in school, knew a girl who got kicked out for it actually. Most girls I know only go for chestnut colors or dark maroon.

Maybe it'll change in another few years and I did live in the country, but either way, I do think most of us look best with black hair anyway.

• I think blonde hair looks bad generally on people of color

• I don't like blonde on Beyonce, the hair is too light in my opinion

• Proud to be a brunette:)

• If you ever watched Korean or Japanese movies or shows.. you'd know that many of them have their hair dyed in various colours of brown and blonde.
    Hollywood just wants their exotic women to fit the stereotypes.

• I grew up in Taiwan, I would know, but still it's generally preferred , and also fan bing bing is not exactly Hollywood. When I was growing up most girls had dark hair and its rare to see platinum blond shades

• 3|2