A Guide To Different Types Of Bras

A guide to different types of bras!

Bras....most of us might like them or hate them ...but this undergarment forms part of our everyday life> They come in different styles to fulfill each of our needs..

What are the different types of bras?

1. The bralette

Those are so cute but cannot be worn by women with bigger bust because it doesn't bring any support at all.

2. The sportsbra

It provides extra support for the breast during physical excercise (this avoids the feeeling of discomfort).

3. The pushup bra

It gives to the boobs a "push up" effect(like the name says lol) its normally heavily padded and gives an effect that our boobs are really close to each other.

4. The strapless bra

It is made to wear with clothes that show the shoulders(but its not really the friend for busty ladies ~.^)

5. The Plunge bra

It is made mostly to allow us to wear deep v neckline tops.

6. The balconette

It is made for low cut tops since it looks lower in the front,but still really stylish.

7. The Corset bra

Mostly used on weddings they bring a nice support under strapless gowns.

8. The underwire bra

It consist of an underwire to bring more support...but it can sometimes cause discomfort.... -_-'

9. The softcup bra

It has no underwire...all the support is provided but the underband.(the most comfortable bra lol)

10. The bandeau

It does not really bring that much support but still stylish under oversized vest,etc....

But we all know the most comfortable is..........No bra at all!!

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• Great take! I find the bandeau, bralette, and balconette to be the nicest ones :)

• It seems you forgot the open bra and the quart cup. ;)

• What about bras for moobs?

• I only came here to look at the boobs.

• what about braless? lol

• I know you mentioned a couple of times what you wear with certain bras like showing shoulders or a low cut top. But can you help point out other outfits to wear with certain bras? Cause I have heard that there are some bras you don't wear with certain outfits.

I realize you can't change this post but some info somewhere would be helpful, especially if we go shopping for our S. O.'s and want to match something with an outfit we want her to wear. Or if we buy an entire outfit with all the accessories.

• well if you're going to shop for your SO... you can buy the outfits only (only if you know by heart if she has something matching to wear underneath) if not then yea... buy the entire outfit

• aawwww... I thought this was going to be a tutorial on how to best pop them off with one hand...
    the ones that latch in the back are fairly easy. I hate those ones that fasten in the front.

• I always wondered how come girls boobs are slightly different sizes and yet the bra is the same cup size?

• Because each bra would have to be completely custom otherwise? And the difference is very minimal...

• i think @DarkHumorRUs answered that for you

• Different chest circumferences will yield different band sizes, which results in a slightly larger or smaller cup.
      A 34B bust will be larger than a 32B - even though they're both B cups.
      There's also the thing with sister sizes; a 34A would have the same cup volume as a 32B.

• I coundnt stop scrolling hahaaa... nice take by the way

• I love sports bras and full-cup padded bras (especially racer-back bras), because they provide the most support and generally the max coverage.
    Unlike most guys, I prefer if girls cover up more of their precious assets and not neglect supporting their bust.
    I've never really seen a corset bra before, I always thought corsets had built-in cups for support.

• I always wanted to see types of bra, and what size and shape women choose as per their boobies

• Thanks for that awesome take zombiebabe. I've always been a sucker for the corset bra, granted, that is probably one of the most difficult and uncomfortable to put on (I'm just surmising here, I don't really know. I wish I saw more of them :( )

• No bra being the most comfortable isn't ALWAYS true, I'm friends with many big bust women (who all happen to be around 5'2"... weird) and they think bras are the best thing ever. When you've got big boobs on a little body gravity will not do you any favors.

On the other hand, I know many women say sports bras are the most comfortable, and I think it would explain why I see so many girls on my campus wearing a sports bra (they give so little eff's they'll still wear a sports bra under a shirt that doesn't cover it all the way... those things must REALLY be comfortable if you're going to sacrifice basic fashion for it). So in a perfect world, sports bras would go well with everything, of course, they also make you look like a 14 year old girl because they smush da boobies in. So that may be a disadvantage or positive depending on who you are.

• I'm slim and I'm a 36 DDD and I love taking my bra off, but you are right once the bra comes off gravity is not my friend

• makes sense

• I agree totally, man!
      I wish more girls with larger bust-to-waist proportions would give their bust adequate support, by wearing racer-back or sports bras rather than showing off their cleavage.

• I like that sportsbra ;)

• This is a fun myTake about a subject near and dear to my heart! I love bras and what's inside them! lol

What Girls Said 18

• scontent.cdninstagram.com/.../...0_321500526_n.jpg

I prefer no bra to be honest, but bralettes are so cute. Wish I had one.

• gotta love this take :D , but hey hey my boobs ain't small but i have bralettes and they're super cute! :P

• I hate wearing bras. It's a daily reminder that I'm female and have breasts. I usually wear a sports bra because it's the only one that is easy to put on. During the winter, I wear sweaters and coats, so I would often go braless and no one would know.

• yea :( bras can be really uncomfortable too at times

• Plus, I don't think my breasts need support. It's not like they are sagging or drooping or anything ptotic. They are nicely round and symmetrical with round identical nipples. Now, if I could just lose 20 pound of my belly fat as I am nearly 20 pounds overweight, then my breasts and hips would show. *sigh*

Recently, I've decided to carry extra weights to school and walking more and climbing more stairs, hoping that would give me some aerobic and strength-training work-out.

• I don't know why you worry about anyone knowing you are braless. It sounds like your figure is great without one and really would not make that big a difference. Anyway, you have my vote to go braless any time you want. lol

• Great Take as always, @zombiebabe and as Always Interesting.
    As 'Interesting' as this One is, I am Not always Into wearing a bra around the house at times.
    However, when I opt to wear One, I always choose One that is the Most comfortable, Colorful and Cuddly for me and this would be the "Pushup" Bra.
    I am a bit large and to put these Babies Up so they are Nice for show and tell, I always go with this Style all the While. xx

• I like sports bras and front close bras, but softcup bras are the best. They're suuuper comfortable!

• i agree with sports bra and softcup bras.. but the front close ones are a bit risky

• I love bralettes, especially the strappy ones. :D

• what a coincidence! i like whatever have straps on them... I don't know why lol

• hahahaha hahahaahaha ha-ha lmao!

• woah I didn t know all those names :o
    I just go almost everytime to the same store and by almost the same type of bra really :P

• I LOVE bralettes! Urban Outfitters has the best! They're great for summer, like under a jacket. They're good under a flowy shirt or transparent shirt, you can still wear them as a bra, but they function as a more-revealing crop top. But I still feel uncomfortable wearing them in public because it is a bra basically, but oh well.

• I prefer the sportsbra, but that bandeau is nice too

• The corset bra is so pretty!

• No bra is the best bra! Love your take :D

• They look hungry.😔

• It's a good guide. thanks a lot! I enjoy bra shopping. But I prefer to choose bra online. It's my favourite place by the way. Your advices are great I will keep it in mind.

• thanks! :)
      the bras on the website you mentionned are nice... but the prices are :( :'(

• well some bras are expensive but I think every lady must have at least 1-2 of such bras:)

• I'm a 16E so I have lots of trial and errors of bras. The full cup underwire bra works (has to be full cup otherwise I can really feel the underwire). The softcup can work but its not that supportive in my opinion. Lovely take, I'm sure the younger ones can learn what's out there!.

• I love bandeau tops but I have never owned one. My boobs are too big. But maybe I can find one with clear straps one day

• I love pretty bras. I wish there was more of a selection of sexy/pretty bras for bigger women. That being said, I go braless whenever possible. My favorite is the balconette.

• I wish I could wear the bandeau, strapless and bralette. Alas, these boobs are too big. But that feeling thooooooo.