Seduce Them With Your Smell. ✨👃🏽✨

*inhales deeply* 👃🏽

YES, I am dedicating an entire myTake JUST to these highly alluring oil and chemical compositions formulated to compel our nasal functions into a state of utter weakness and fascination, wherein one may feel inclined to whisper perversely in the ear and/or violently rip off the clothes of the individual wearing this absolute miracle on their skin. 😈

Seduce Them With Your Smell. ✨👃🏽✨

*exhales* 👃🏽 whew! 😅

In short, the power of cologne is SO underrated. APPRECIATE IT. USE IT!

Okay, you obviously don’t HAVE to wear it- deodorant may suffice, but I can speak for most people when I say that getting a quick whiff of a nice scent is hot AF! 🔥 Men and women who wear cologne and perfume respectively may be able to attest to this. Those who don’t, or to those who don't like it, cool. To each their own and that’s seriously fine. . . but I'm not addressing that lol.

I believe our scent is like fashion!

You gotta find your style, a scent that expresses your personality, or just your mood for the period of time you’re wearing it. There are a few different kinds of scents in the perfume/cologne world. Remember though that a scent can, and usually will be a mix of these different types.

When shopping for a scent, some will just scream out “FLOWEERRRSSS!! 🌷🌹🌸" and others will hint you into a mix like “hey... you like that spice? ;) Can you smell the ocean too? 🌊 Yeah? 😏"

Let’s break em down.

Note: Any perfume or cologne I put my banana emoji next to [ 🍌 ] is one I highly recommend in case you're inspired to try one. They’re all great though. 😊

Floral 🌸

Ah yes, the wonders of the floral scent. This one, as you all know, basically replicates flowers such as roses, jasmines, blossoms, daisies, lavenders, or just a mix of a few, kinda like a little vapourised bouquet hehe 💐 :) Wearing this fragrance produces a more romantic, soft and calm vibe. While the floral scent is more feminine, there are hints of it in a few men’s colognes too to get the balance right. You can easily smell the floral by noting if the perfume is light with only a slight sweetness to it.

MY TIPS:

Men🚹: I’d say to keep this one for a day time ‘fun and flirty’ feel.

Examples: Bvlgari Man by Bvlgari, Allure Homme Sport by Chanel, Gentlemen Only by Givenchy.🍌

Women🚺: This is great for any time, day or night. Also fun and flirty.

Examples: Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Lola by Marc Jacobs, Flora by Gucci, Miss Dior by Dior🍌, Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture, Euphoria by Calvin Klein🍌, Endless Euphoria by Calvin Klein.🍌

Oriental 🌍

This scent is characterised by a spiciness that is inspired by international scents from exotic and culturally rich places. Hints of cloves, cinnamon, pepper, tobacco, amber, vanilla and musk can all be found in the oriental scent. Unlike the florals, this one gives off what I’d call a more ‘warm and fuzzy’ feeling rather than a light or heavy one. It’s quite powerful and isn’t for everyone, but if you’re wanting to be a little bit adventurous, this is the one to go for.

MY TIPS:

Men🚹: This is an evening or outdoorsy scent, definitely. A ‘strong, yet warm’ feel.

Examples: Obsession Night for Men by Calvin Klein🍌, La Nuit De L’Homme by YSL [gosh that’s a mouthful], CK One Shock for Him by Calvin Klein.

Women🚺: I’d keep this one for the outdoors. Great on trips too!

Examples: Dior Addict by Dior, Obsession by Calvin Klein, Oud Oriental by Versace, Eternity by Calvin Klein.🍌

Woody🌲

Oh god I love this one. So you wanna know how your nose is supposed to pick up this scent? Just picture yourself in a forest and you’ve got it. Sandalwood, oak, musk [again], pine, cedar, grass, leaves and moss are scents that you could find in this group of perfume/cologne. This one is nice because it gives off a classy and mysterious kind of vibe, even though it has all these outdoor elements in it. It’s more common in men’s colognes, establishing a strong and sturdy presence in a room, and in women’s perfumes it gives off a classy, ‘im effortlessly noticeable’ vibe. *hair flick!* ;P

MY TIPS:

Men🚹: To do the woody scent some justice, I think wearing this on special occasions, romantic dates or fancy evenings would be great. Gives off an ‘Just like nature, I’m full of surprises’ vibe.

Examples: Black by Bvlgari, Dark Rebel by John Varvatos🍌, He Wood range by Dsquared, Dior Homme by Dior, Polo Double Black by Ralph Lauren🍌, One Million by Paco Rabanne, Oud Wood by Tom Ford, Aramis Cologne, Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche.🍌

Women🚺: Definitely an evening scent for you too ladies [in my opinion anyway], or anywhere that matches a classy outfit you’re wearing.

Examples: Fendi for women by Fendi, ckIN2U for her by Calvin Klein, Sensuous by Estée Lauder.🍌

Fresh 🍭🍋

I reckon I could split this one into two sub categories: Sweet and Fruity.

SWEET🍭: Anything that resembles candy or is just the right amount of sweet. Mostly found in women’s perfumes.

MY TIPS:

Best not to overdo this one, for both men and women. Sweet scents are great fun but they have a tendency to be overpowering.

Examples [all women]🚺: Fantasy by Britney Spears, Sweet Delicious Pink Macaron by DKNY, Heat by Beyonce.

FRUITY🍋: Self explanatory really. You sense a fruity smell, you know you're dealing with a fruity one. Strawberry, apple and peach are common ones, but the most common is any kind of citrus. A lot of men’s colognes actually have this undertone of citrus that sweeten up the whole scent juuuustt a little bit to get it right. Respect to the cologne inventing peeps. 🙌🏽 So lemon, orange or grapefruit combined with herbs provide that fresh and crisp vibe. I’m personally not a fan of citrus in scents but if you like it, this is perfect for summer and spring which gives off a bit of cheekiness and quirk :)

MY TIPS:

Men🚹: As mentioned, best to wear this scent in summer and spring, or just when you wanna kick back and have some fun or relax.

Examples: Artisan by John Varvatos [I LOVE his stuff. I recommend] 🍌, Citrus Wood by Yardley of London, Eau Sauvage by Dior.🍌

Women🚺: Same as the men, and you could also wear this out more casually everyday if it's your style 💁🏽

Examples: Oscar Citrus by Oscar De La Renta, The One by D&G, ck one by Calvin Klein, Miss Dior Cherie by Dior.

Aqua 🌊

Last but certainly not least, I think this is a category I made up lol :P Another favourite of mine, the one that personally makes me swoooon 😍. You can also call it ‘fresh’, but I decided not to do that because this deserves a title of its own. Aqua scents give you that feeling of being in the ocean, or just in water. If you’ve been to any pristine body of water, you know what it smells like. This type of scent is like a beach in a bottle. Again, it is a little more common in men’s cologne but there’s a bit of aqua for us women too. It will almost always have hints of spice and/or citrus to replicate that relaxed feel. It gives off a cool, mysterious, playful and seductive vibe. That is why it’s good to wear even in your sleep :P

MY TIPS:

Men🚹: Perfect for any time of day. You can call this your everyday scent. Wear it WHENEVER YOU WANT 😂 #bananaApproved 👍🏽

Examples: Bottled Night by Hugo Boss🍌, The Scent by Hugo Boss🍌, Aqva by Bvlgari, Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani🍌, Eternity for men Aqua by Calvin Klein, Sauvage by Dior🍌, Herrera Aqua by Carolina Herrera, Oceans by Brut, Artisan Acqua by John Varvatos.🍌

Women🚺: Another outdoorsy or spring/summer scent. Freshhhh. 😎

Examples: Eternity Aqua for women by Calvin Klein, Aqua woman by Puma, Blue for women by Ralph Lauren🍌, Light Blue by D&G, Acqua by Roberto Cavalli.🍌

Okay so there we have it! :)

It is a little complex, and it does take time to find your perfect match, but it’s okay, good to experiment and try new things :) Remember that as a whole person, it’s best if your scent and style complement one another. Contrasting them, while totally okay, is probably something that would create a bit of a clash.

I mean, imagine say a goth looking girl with a floral perfume… or a business man with a citrus scent. I dunno if it works y'all. 😐

👃🏽Hopefully this take has inspired you to delve deeper into channelling the power of your scent, or maybe even to try out some new scents that you hadn’t previously considered (:

If you only take away one thing from this, I’d like it to be:

Don’t underestimate how your smell and overall hygiene of course, can amplify the impression you leave upon a person. I believe beauty exists in all your senses, from the qualities of your personality, to the glimmer in your eye, to the smell you exude as you walk across the room.

Knock 'em dead y'all! 👃🏽

~ j.B 🍌

justbanANNAz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 26

• Wow I never knew there were so many types of colognes out there and smells lol. I guess im never in situations where i really have. to use cologne. I usually just shower and deodorize.

• hah well I'm glad to give u some insight. there isn't a situation where u feel u 'have' to wear it. it's more like style as i said, u do it more for you THEN to impress others.
      shower and deodorant is just fine too like i said.

• Mostly I've done it for job interviews and dance parties where I knew there were gonna be beautiful girls there lol

• Consider me seduced by this MyTake! I need a cold shower now :P

• Oo lala now this is a take I can get behind, 100% right on everything I agree, and it is great when someone smells good but when your romantically attracted to that person it's even better because you got all those hormones mixed in.

Kind of funny I as just actually playing around and smelling my various colognes to see what the individual stuff was in them, before I came across this take.

But suffice to say great take and I do love good perfume on a woman.

• I like very subtle scents so I would probably go for aqua or oriental variety myself though I must admit I never wore anything apart from deodorant before.

• very nice, aqua can be the most subtle. i wouldn't force it on anyone =] hey if ur using deo then that's still awesome :P

• Nice mytske! Def going to put more thought into how I smell now ☺️😂

• Ah AMAZING little lioness and her wisdom 💜 💚 ❤ beeeeaaauuuuutifully written My Take (as usual) :D and one of my favourite topics too - fragrances 💗

Oriental aka Spicy & Woody are my favs on me :D lol On a woman it's VANILLA 💕

• thank you! :D

nice nice! I've heard that many men have a thing for vanilla. very interesting.

• awesome :) see I've never been a fan of vanilla myself but if it has seduction powers ill have to give it a shot lol.

• Just remember little lioness that I'm uncommonly weird lol

• this intake smells like lavender! Sweet smellin! 😂😄😋

• I'm an olfactophiliac. But I usually don't care for perfumes and cologne. I get more turned on by a woman's natural musk.

• stream1.gifsoup.com/.../pikachu-chilling-o.gif
    I just use my sisters Indian musk.

• *Busting out the paper and pen cause I'm a deodorant noob*

• I haven't really been aware of this. I have a huge collection of colognes and girls still don't notice me, haha :P

Anyway, I tend to like Aqua scents. Particulary Acqua Di Gio and Armani Code.

• haha i think they're just pretending not to :P
      YESSS 👏🏽 both great ones.

• I got this cologne which is probably the best from that brand, problem is that the smell only lasts a few minutes.

• didn't find my brand Versace up there. i hope I'm not stink. lol XD

• and meanwhile i'm from the countryside where the only "collogne" found is the smell of a mix of oil and diesel XD

But i can agree with you, especially what you mention at times about not overdoing it. A good perfume is one that tingles your nose but is still subtle unless you're almost skin close. It's not supposed to hit your nose like a brick or something.

A good perfume worn right can be ridicolously alluring. worn wrong (applied too much) just gives me a headache

• I got woody this whole week

• I used to wear cologne pretty often, and starting pretty young (12, I believe).

Right now, I'm not wearing much cologne. I'm trying to get rid of a "never ending bottle of "cheap" stuff, but it's gotten stronger, so I may just toss it.

I used to wear an A&F cologne, but I can no longer find it. I thought it worked well for me, and I personally still like the scent, but I think it's been discontinued.

In the last few years, I kind of dropped doing cologne. I shower, I wear deodorant, but that's about it; part of it is that good cologne tends to be expensive, and money is tight, but I'd like to get back into wearing more cologne.

I'd like to see if I can get a woman around my age who knows cologne and what might work for me and knows what women tend to like.

• Interesting... Scent is always something I remember. I love buying cologne

• very cool!

• I wear cologne everyday, it seems like women don't even notice.

• I use Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Men's Cologne. I once had someone enter my room, take off the cap, huff it for like 3 seconds then leave. If that isn't a recommendation I don't know what is.

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 21

• Yasss!!! Finallyyy someone who appreciates perfume as much as I doo!! That was such an awesome take!! Loved loved loved it!
    You speak the truth, gurl!

• Does this make up for their bad breath too?

• acqua di gio !!! the memories !

i am so in love with D&G light blue

• Good take!

• Great post !! D you know what type of fragrance is COCO MADEMOISELLE, CHANEL?

• Love it, smell is so important, but let me share a secret here... Men are BY NATURE compelled to be influenced by the smell of vanilla... Yeah I know how that sounds, but it's true. The smell of natural (not artificial) vanilla will lead to more eagerness to be romantic or make a move or even sexual desire...

• really? what is it in vanilla that triggers it, do u know?

• seriously? that's so interesting. Im not a huge vanilla fan myself but it's interesting to know it does that for them.

• I know, that's why I love studying psychology :D

• A guy who wears cologne is a huge turn on to me.

• u and me both guurl!

• Yeah, don't you love it when you lend your stuff to a guy and they smell really nice afterwards?
      For example this one time, I lent my study notes to this guy, and when he gave them back they smelled cologne goodness! 😍

• omg yes i had that. u wonder what they do to those things for the smell to stay lol

• Perfume is everything for me, I got more than 30 collections, just my favourites. I love perfume more than anything!. This is a great take! Thanks, learned a lot.

• I feel like more needs to be said about a person's natural scent. Sometime that stuff can be fricken amazing. <3

• while i agree, the take was focused more on the artificial scents =]

• I must admit I am guilty of stopping in my tracks and sniffing after someone when they walk past and then go back to walking like that never happened XD only a truly amazing cologne can do that.

• lol what about something that says "I'm a sexy confident woman but I'm a bit mysterious too" what perfume would you suggest?😊

• :) i think you'd want to go for a mix of woody and floral. as i said, a lot of perfumes come in mixes so look for something with that earthy tone, but also has a hint of feminine floral in there that's bound to make a guy swoon ;)
      if u look up "woody floral perfumes" on google images you'll find a few ideas =] try a few out in stores and see if your nose is like "YES GIRL, this is it!"

• thank's gorgeous will do❤❤❤💋💋💋

• no worries love <3

• My signature is Tom Fords 'Dark Orchid'. Not your run of the mill scent but I LOVE it. Just a very light spritz and I'm good all day. It has a sandalwood, spice, vanilla scent to it, it's something different and distinctive.

• The last photograph was super cute! Fun take!

• 10/10 can confirm the accuracy of this. I know when my boyfriend wears cologne, it drives me absolutely wild. And when I wear a certain fruity perfume, he can't keep his hands off me!

• My boyfriend doesn't wear cologne. But the best scent in the world to me is Timber by Old Spice. It's redwood and mint. It's smooth and total perfection. And the body wash also makes him smell like heaven. Guys, if you want your lady to sniff your skin and love cuddling you-use Timber. It's amazing.

• I don't like strong overpowering perfumes, it's just too much but I do like flowery, fruity, & sweet perfumes. :) It goes well with my fun & bubbly personality. :) I agree about cologne on guys being very alluring. When I walk past a guy who spells good, I can't help but do a 180 turn & look at him lol. Also, I like it when a guy smells really good & he gives u a hug, it's inviting & attractive. :) it just is haha.

• me neither tbh, i like the subtle stuff. excellent that u can identify ur personality to a kind of perfume :) LOL i know omg! it's so great.

• no worries love xx
      yeah all the ones with the banana next to them in the Aqua section are ones i DIE for!

• Okay cool. :)

• Really informative myTake! Cologne is quite intoxicating on a man. ;)

The thing I love the most about this Take, though, is the meme with the chihuahua. 😂

• I highly agree! Eventhough I don't wear it daily, smelling it because other people wear it is great, especially Menperfume😍

• Greeeeeeat take! :)

• I love a guy who smells good. It makes me go crazy and it's divine, it makes you want to smell them all day long. Great MyTake 🙂

• Interesting take, you know your perfume lol.

• More from Girls
    1