Helpful Hair Tips for Anyone Who Obviously Needs It (Like Me)

Every girl loves tips for her hair. With the help of Pinterest, these are my favorite.

Helpful hair tips for everyone who obviously need it, like me.

Biotin is an amazing vitamin for hair growth and thickness. When you take biotin, it does not allow the usual amount of hair to fall out. Not only will it make your hair thicker but it's also nice that you don't have to clean out the shower drain or your hairbrush of your fallen hair.

These are great tips for everybody. My hair is on the thin side, but it loves Shea butter. Only if I use it sparingly.

This is good to know my hair loves olive oil even though it's a pain to wash out. If you microwave the olive oil, it will be even better for your hair.

This is a great hair mask I usually add an egg or a quarter of an avocado

I don't know if you can repair split ends either way, these are good hair masks.

This is just in case you have thick hair and you wish your hair was thin or vice versa, like a reminder that everybody wants what they can't have so learn to appreciate the hair you have.

By the way I see this chart said that curls falling flat is a problem for thin hair but didn't provide a solution. A while back I happened to be watching the miss America pageant they went back stage and asked stylists tips and I happened to stumble on this technique and it works great every time. I used this technique in high school all the time. My curls looked brand new from 7 am to 5 pm. And even outlasted three hour PE classes.

All you have to do is part your hair where you want and curl your hair normally with your favorite curling iron, then take each curl and use bobby pins or hair clips to wrap each curl like the picture below. Even though, I usually don't wrap that many curls and I keep each wrap of curled hair near the bottom half of my hair. After you get them wrapped spray hairspray on them. You want to wrap your curls when your 100% done with the curling iron. There's several reasons for this which I will get into in a minute. Keep curls wrapped for no more than 15 minutes. (Trust me when I say no more than 15 minutes) When your 15 minutes is up, take out the bobby pins and gently run your fingers through your hair. You want to wait until your done with the curling iron because your curls should be wrapped for the same amount of time. It will be awkward having one curl noticeablely curlier than others. Also it makes it go faster.

This is genius.

I have tried this before but I always forget to make it a habit, but I can confirm a t shirt is much better for your hair then a towel.

I don't color my hair anymore but this is clever. All you need to is take your current hair color and what color you want to dye it, and it will predict your color.

Here's a screenshot I took on Pinterest that I should've thought of sooner. These are delicious smoothies and it grows my hair. That's smart.

Remember to love your hair ladies!

ginny_weasley is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 7

• Sometimes I think it's insane how much time and effort women put into their hair.

Then I remember just how much I value beautiful hair on a woman and I reprimand myself. ;)

• TBH. I think people with crazy hair look just fine. In fact I think their even more attractive than people who put effort into making their hair "beautiful". I just like long and simple.

• OP I'm gonna sound like a gay boy asking you this. But Everytime my hair grows over 4-5cm in length it begins to curl on the ends. Any ideas how to stop it asides from straightening it. As I want to grow it out longer and don't want to damage it from daily use of a straightner

• I believe relieving stress is the best recipe for a humans hair.

• Thank you!

I'm not exactly cheering at the idea of using a T-shirt as a towel, though.

• It's a little awkward at first but your hair will thank you.

• @DaniaMQ Oh, I really need to get on this already. Thanks for reminding me! XD

• Hahahha you're welcome 😂

• thanks this is handy, i have super thick hair.

• Does Biotin help in hair fall?

• Yes, I have been taking it for years. The regular amount of hair that falls from the human head is about 80-100 strands. When taking biotin supplements, that never is far, far fewer. I hardly ever have to clean hair out my shower drain anymore.

• It definitely will. Even though I am really stressed about school, it doesn't show thanks to the biotin.

• Thank you so much :)

What Girls Said 13

• good take!!
    i've taken biotin before (for like 6 months)... and didn't noticed any changes AT ALL!!! >:(

• Oh, yeah!
    =)

I have thick hair, but thin strands, so it translates as very straight and flat... all the time! I usually put conditioner before shampooing - that way it still works, but none of my hair is heavy! =)

And layers - thin hair's worst enemy! Because the ends look so thin and like there's barely any hair there... it's so sad.

• I don't understand why you have to take dietary supplements, when you can just eat a variety of different food. Biotin is a vitamin found in nature and in the foods we regularly eat. . . or at least I eat them regularly.

Here is a list of food products that contain biotin: http://bembu.com/biotin-foods

• OMG I LOVE YOU AND PINTEREST!!!

• I was wondering , the current shampoo i'm using says it has biotin in it. Does that still work? Nice take by the way :) i'm totally gonna try those smoothies!

• Def gonna use these tips!

• Biotin all the way! Absolutely its worked wonder's for my hair, Im a convert LOL. Also try Pureology conditioner, its great.

• I think Biotin has definitely worked wonders for my hair. I have thick hair, but fine strands and it is curly. I've also put some olive oil on the ends and they look and feel much better, although they are damaged.

• Great take. My best tip is to do the cureplex treatment. My hair got AMAZING after that.

• biotin can cause facial hair. i started growing a beard

• Thanks for this take. I'm happy to know about the hair growth smoothie, I'm definitely going to try it :)

• Yes-hair treatment is so important :) I came home from ulta with a $10 shampoo and my mom said "Oh, you'll spend your money on those things" And yea, you should. All my life I only used cheap drug store conditioners and shampoos like Suave and Pantene. And those things can be nice, but they are SO stripping, especially for curly hair. A little extra money goes a long way, especially when the product is very potent. <3

• What kind of shampoo do you recommend for curly hair? I currently use Pantene and it has worked pretty well for me, but I'm trying to really start treating my hair better.

• @aWes0MeNeSs Shea Moisture products :) I also have textured hair, so, my hair can be very dry-the Jamacian black castor oil shampoo is great bc I came out of the pool (curly hair death) and after that plus the shampoo, my hair was still shiny.

• Great, thanks!

• You can blow dry thick hair, you just have to know how to do it or mufasa will come back from the dead