19 African-American Celebs With Light Eyes

Dark eyes can be striking due to its shape, size and a person's eyelashes (which further enhances the look). A good majority of African-Americans have dark brown eyes which appears black (depending on the lighting). I also find light eyes on the black race very striking as well because of the contrast with the skin color.

Below I will mention a few black entertainers/celebrities you may be familiar with that have that feature:

Tyra Banks

Rihanna

Michael Ealy

Shad Moss

Stacey Dash

Eva Marcille

Jada Smith

Willow Smith

Robert Ri'chard

Tanya Wright

Smokey Robinson

Raven Symone

Leona Lewis

Tya Dolla $ign

Tiffany Hines

George Wilson

James Earl Jones

Vanessa Williams

Terrence Howard

Stephen Curry

Wow, weren't some of those eyes very striking?

I know certain users will miss the point of this article and instead try to deny some of these entertainers of their Black heritage and shout that their eyes may be due to mixture.

Before I respond to that I will reveal the results from five DNA companies that tests your roots:

-According to Ancestry.com, the average African American is 65 percent sub-Saharan African, 29 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

-According to 23andme.com, the average African American is 75 percent sub-Saharan African, 22 percent European and only 0.6 percent Native American.

-According to FamilyTreeDNA.com, the average African American is 72.95 percent sub-Saharan African, 22.83 percent European and 1.7 percent Native American.

-According to National Geographic’s Geographic Project, the average African American is 80 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 1 percent Native American.

-According to AfricanDNA, the average African American is 79 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

Source

So, what did I learn from the results from the different DNA companies? That virtually no African-American is 100 percent Black. So yes, even if you have many generations without interracial mixing you will have some other racial group in your background from hundreds of years ago that can be traced with DNA testing.

So, to point out that some of these people may be mixed is irrelevant.

These people are embracing their blackness as any proud African-American would because

it is beautiful and nothing else!

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 19

Are light eyes less common among African americans?

They have to be mixed with some sort of White to have light eyes somewhere in their ancestry.

Yes, far less common.
      I stated towards the end of my take there is no 100 percent black American and we all have some type of mixture even if it's hundreds of years ago.
      Recessive genes have a way of showing up.

Tyra Banks has some very beautiful eyes.

Smokey Robinson you mean right?

sometimes the lighter colored eyes can be really beautiful. sometimes it can be sort of off putting i guess depending on the skin tone or something... but generally it is really cool.

Michael Ealy especially has crazy cool eyes

Some very pretty women and handsome men there

i think most of them are either mulatto or wearing contacts or just dark hazel looking light in flashlight. Only tyra banks and that raven chick are prolly legit full black with coloured eyes

Willow Smith looks like a fucking cat

Thought leona Lewis was British. Rihanna is from the Caribbean. If you got those details wrong what else I wonder did you get wrong. Anyway I find the whole celebrity culture in America and other places sickening. Why worship on your hands and knees at anyone's feet.

I am an African-American woman. Wait! I am Caribbean woman. Most Blacks living in America have Caribbean background but we are referred to as "African-Americans" because that is the politically correct term to use. It does not make sense to walk up to each and every Black person and ask where they are from originally so they can classify them as African____".
      Many Blacks living in America are citizens and do not take offense to that term.
      If you want to argue calling Blacks African-Ameriacn... then we might as well argue the first part of that name too.
      The last African in my blood line was from hundreds of years ago.
      The term itself is just a politically correct term to call someone Black and that it is all. It does not in any way reflect their actual upbringing or recent culture.

If you look at Blacks and those from Africa , facially we look different. Yes , I am a descendant of Africa but aren't we all since that's our origination?

well Africa is a whole huge continent and have many physical differences between them all. Like you can't lump all Europeans as all the same as you can tell just by looking most of the time at a french, scottish, English, German, Irish, Polish, Swedish person their ethnicity. Or even the Chinese who are like 30 different racial groups. From what I have seen of America it is and has always been a racial melting pot and no one is really just descended from on group but from all these different groups. Id love to give some of those white supremacist guys a DNA test to see if they change their tune.

These are all mixed race African Americans though, who are fairly light skinned. None of them are very dark.

5/20 are mixed.
      My father is light skin and is not mixed.
      My grandma has blue eyes and is not mixed.
      Those are misconceptions.

"Black is black..." hmm well not really, anyone with both black and European ancestry is technically mixed race.

I don't see why terminology matters so much anyway - people who are very light skinned obviously have a lot of European ancestry otherwise their skin would be much darker.

I only find white women attractive, but I tried to attract myself to black women when I was about 11-12, to give them a chance too.

But even looking at pictures of Tyra Banks couldn't do it. Neither did Jessica White.

Tiffany Hines, Tanya Wright, Eva Marcille and Stacey Dash totally beautiful.

19 Mixed* Celebs With Light Eyes.

Well there's actually 20 celebs now because I added one in.
      Only 5/20 are mixed so the title would be very inaccurate.

And the very few mixed celebs mentioned identify themselves as Black because of their look.

I used to love Stacey Dash, I think I still have the Playboy she posed in. She was one of my crushes as a kid!

same. crazy she's almost 50. i remember first seeing her in the early 90s. i felt like she barely aged until recent years and even then it seems like she's barely aged

haha exactly.

@madhatters4 What kind of black issues does she (Stacey Dash) not care about? Thing or two of what I picked up she was spot on.

Leona Lewis is British.

African-British If you will.

Imagine if all of us Blacks denied being called an American , Ahh there'd be so many sub categories of "African_____" to check off on applications.

No, actually the term would be Black British, but that doesn't sound so appealing, does it?
      And who cares anyway. She's British.

I think I am the only one who doesn't like light eyes on pale people. They really look good on dark ones :o

Where is Stacyzee in the list? :P

I have beautiful eyes but they're a dark deep brown :)

Smokey King has crazy eye color. That's rad. Really eye catching.

I love light eyes. Mine are blue-green and shift depending on the light. No, I am not black, I just think it's cool.

Light eyes are always fascinating regardless of race.

Yes, they are it's just the contrast on darker skin makes it pop more and it's rare for blacks as mentioned which is why it's more like "wow" to me

Yes, I I agree.

Funny how when you read eyes in your title and then look at the picture and your mind focuses on their eyes lol. Some of them I've never even noticed before lol.

Celebrities' appearances are often tinkered with and should never be used as examples of anything, including how good one can look at a certain age, or how light the eyes of a certain race can be. Contact lenses can do wonders.

Contact lenses, clothing choices and lighting are amazing.

It's possible. It is also possible to retouch photos. Or maybe they were born with light eyes and it is all legitimate. All I am saying is that you can't trust celebrities as examples of anything.

Yeah, that statement is true. The only photos I hold major accuracy in is the photos with the green or blue eyes. As for the light brown eyes, I know my eyes sometimes look like that depending on the lighting and they are dark brown.

Your eye, hair, skin, etc. colors are determined by many different genes. Generally speaking a race will share the same genes or at least the same variations of genes for these features. And stuff like your head hair color and body hair color are different genes too, so you can have differences in those.

So yes, someone is sorta kinda black can have light colored eyes, as someone sorta kinda European can have black eyes. Just because a gene might be dominant doesn't mean that the chances are impossible a different gene shows up.

Although I feel there needs to be a discussion on whether these people are actually "black" or if they're their own separate race. This might seem stupid at first but Latinos are considered a separate race when in reality they're just a mix between European and native ancestry, and they recognize this themselves. Because there aren't many black/white mixes out there as their are Latinos, it's hard to justify them as a separate race, but it could be possible.

Most of the celebs on here have two black parents. There's no discussion needed with that being said :). I just wanted to throw something out because I know how some users are on this site and will be quick to try to "take away" someones blackness.

Hate to burst your bubble but by calling mixed people black you're taking away their mixedness. It isn't right. We're our own people and deserve to be called what we are not what it's convenient for you to steal from us. Black people always want to call mixed people black when it's a benefit to them (i. e. Obama) but never when it's about our rights. We mixed people are not the same as you black people. Don't complain about your own racism and identity being stripped away when you do it to us. We shouldn't have to be grouped with you because we aren't you and never will be you. It makes no sense to call mixed people just white or just Hispanic or just Asian so why tf do you guys keep doing it in terms of black? It's evil and it's racist. You guys hurt us in ways you cannot imagine by doing so.

What part of most of these Blacks listed on here have two black parents , do you not understand?
      Since you classify as a mixed woman , then do so by yourself. I do not want to claim you as my own nor am I forcing you to choose.
      The very few mixed people I mentioned on here identify themselves as Black.
      You don't have a right to tell them what they want to be called and what culture they relate to more.
      , just like you wouldn't want someone to do that to you.
      You can choose to identify as whatever you choose but at the end of the day understand what the world will see you as especially when you look more black than anything else.

What Girls Said 19

I used to have a MASSIVE crush on Robert Richards lol. And it's bugging me so bad that I know Tanya Wrights face but I can't place her. Gotta go to Google.

Yeah , he's so damn cute !
      He's 33 now and looks the same as he did when he was real young.
      Blacks age like fine wine :D

Indeed it does! The obsession was real lol.

i think it's a very nice feature and those women are pretty especially stacey dash

Pretty good except there are people on here who aren't American such as Leona Lewis. She'd more accurately be African-British or would identify herself as British (black) on polls and stuff if she was asked them here.

Ugh I wish I had light colored eyes. So pretty.

Nice!

Rihanna is Afro-Caribbean, not African American.
    She was born in Barbados.

I'm Afro Caribbean too but to me it doesn't matter, it's just another way to imply someone is Black.

Beautiful! I love light eyes on darker skin. But then again... I like lighter eyes in general usually anyway. I have seen some very beautiful dark brown eyes though. One I would like to add to this list of light eyed darker skinned people is Brazilian and not sure of her exact ethnicity, but she has gorgeous eyes. She is on the Brazilian women's soccer team.

Barbara Micheline do Monte Barbosa

fifafrauenwm.sportschau.de/.../...v-ardgalerie.jpg

Eva and Tiffany are <3
    With everyone else, I kinda feel like the light eyes go with the light skin, so it's not as 'rare' But to see someone with a slightly deeper skin tone have lighter eyes (especially that beautiful honey brown) <3 like pretty pools

Yes, the light eyes and skin blend more.
      Blacks have this tan yellowish hue about their skin (when they are considered light) but in comparison to whites they still are far darker them, so seeing eyes on that skin to me still makes it rare because of their background.

You are forgetting Jesse Williams! ***heart eyes***

Oh gosh <3 He's so gorgeous!
      If I ever decide to do a part two to this he'll be on the list.

omg I used to love Michael Ealy, he is so sexy!

a lot of these people are biraacial and not even American. AND noone is full anything because race isn't real ethnicity is. If these people want to be called biracial like Vanessa Williams. Leona Lewis, Robert ri'chard, Stacey dash, Shad dash and Michael Ealy we should respect them wanting to identofy as their DNA not what Pc society and racists want them to.

There's 20 people on this list. Only 5 are bi-racial on this list.
      Michael Ealy , Robert Ri'chard, Shad Moss (those you mentioned) have two black parents. But anyway I agree with your overall point.
      Your response seems as if it is directed to RelentlessHippee.

*if that's what you want to call it.

dude "nstead your read other peoples comments, choose one you like the most, and then take on a tone in the same manner in which that person does.
      It's pathetic really.
      I am done with this "discussion" is that's what you want to call it."
      dude where tf did this come from you need help for being 100 percent delusional and paranoid and pulling shit out of thin air. again stop being so emotion

Don't you just love white influence?

Dolla sign? LMFAO

A lot of these celebs are mixed and Rihanna isn't even from America. African American as a term within itself is racist, and to call mixed people black and deny their mixedness is racist as well. Mixed people and black people are not the same and just because blacks in America have other people in their background doesn't mean they're mixed.

As a fellow African-American living in the U. S , the term itself is used to describe ones phenotype rather than the fact that they are American. If I were to commit a crime , no one would run behind me and ask me to speak first so they can hear my accent. They would immediately describe me as an African-American based on my identity.
      The thing is, a lot of blacks aren't even from the U. S but we accept this title because it is not offensive and one which intertwines us with our early roots. Something as small as an eye color does not change your blackness.
      Also, you are in correct a lot of these blacks on here have two black parents. Only a handful of these are actually directly mixed.
      In reference to your comment about mixed people , the ones list identify themselves as African American. It has nothing to do with denying part of themselves but more to do with being able to relate more to the culture , food and way they are treated in society.

Out of all of the things Blacks fight for , being called an African American isn't one of them.
      Being called a n** is far worse and can get you killed.
      I disagree that it is racist , it didn't come about the same way in which the word n** did. It came about as a way to have us serve pride in our background.
      Can the word African American be changed? Yes, because unless we are directly from Africa ourselves or our parents , we haven't had that in our blood for hundreds of years.
      Is it offensive? No, it is a politically correct term to refer to someone who is Black.

I think they should just be called black, to me it's the most appropriate term.

What about non black people from Africa, who later come to America to start lives. Stripping them of the title of African American is unfair and unjust. Because the term African American should only be referencing people from Africa who later come to the U. S. for citizenship. To be African all that is required is to be born there, same with being in America. African is not a race, but black is. African American does not properly represent blacks anywhere.

Where's mah boy Stephen Curry? He's beautiful.

Honestly, I checked out after Michael Ealy. He's so pretty...

He is! I first noticed him from the movie Barber shop.

Beyonce has light eyes? They look normal brown.

I said blacks usually have black appearing eyes so that's why I put her. Beyonce eyes are like a medium brown.

Nice take.

Genetics is something so interesting and curious.

I wasn't expecting to see Leona Lewis on this list since she's not American.

I was thinking "African-American" more as a way to represent her phenotype rather than where she is from in actuality.
      The funny thing is, Blacks living in America are pretty much all called African-Americans and a large amount of them are from somewhere else.

I see. I didn't know this.
      Thank you.

<3 No problem

I only know some of them, and I never really noticed they had light eyes. Probably would only Michael Ealy out of everyone in the list.

He is albino , his eyes are kind of expected but yeah you can add him on :)