GuyAskGirls: Opinions on men's clothing and accessories?

Simply thoughts on men's clothing and accessories on how women view them. If they are neat, cool, exaggerated, okay, sexy, add in adjectives here.
A varied topic, but you can concentrate on simply something like a combination you really like, or something that bugs you greatly, or perhaps something that is barely used but you find interesting.
Also, a poll whether you find these things relevant or not.

Examples below
Clothing (Upper Body): Shirts, Jerseys, Jackets, Sweaters, Undershirts, Vests, T-shirts, Hooded Jackets, Tank Tops, etc...

Clothing (Lower Body): Shorts, Trousers, Jeans, Pants, Cargo Pants, Shoes, Sneakers, Boots, Flipflops, Sandals, etc...

Accessories: Hats, Caps, Glasses, Sunglasses, Ties, Bow Ties, Rings, Earrings, Earcuffs, Piercings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Belts, Gloves, Watches, Scarves, etc...

• Yes, how you dress matters to me.
  • I prefer a nice appeal, but I am okay with the standard.
  • It doesn't matter unless they dress poorly.
  • No, clothing doesn't matter in the slightest.
Also a reminder. This question is for girls to answer since it is asking for their opinion, thus why it's called a GuyAskGirls. I mean, you can answer if you are a guy, it just really beats the point and doesn't matter?

Most Helpful Girl

• Have a little color coordination at least. Know not to wear too many patterns. Basic stuff (:

• Call me vain, but I agree with that statement. It doesn't have to be anything flashy, but knowing your basics is already something.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the guy. The only time I can remember what a guy is wearing is if I like him or am attracted to him. If I'm not attracted to him - it makes no difference to me whether he is wearing a garbage bag or an armani suit. I might remember and extremely well dressed guy but that is only in extremely rare cases.

• Yes how guys dress matters - I like guys to dress preppy

What Guys Said 1

• Our clothing tells us about a person. A person who dresses sloppily will probably be a sloppy person. It is still true that first impressions our lasting impressions. What do you want to tell someone by how you are dress?
    Want to communicate that you are a bum, then dress like one. Ultimately our value system will be reflected in our dress, our use of time, and what is important to you.

• Indeed. Even if people don't realize it, they tend to match the pattern of which someone clothes themselves to a certain emotion or view. While people who are well dresses are considered neat and respect, others who dress more "sloppily" with the the impression of having some issue which could be a messy lifestyle and so forth.
      Then there are people who match clothing to experiences. While one would find let's say punk-ish clothing to be something like an antisocial or rebellious, others might find it comforting since they tend to share similar views or maybe they have friends who dress accordingly.
      We are predetermined to absorb these little things when forming an impression of someone, so clothing or appearances in general have a great impact until and perhaps even after one has opened their mouth.

• So with your opinion in mind, I find it difficult for someone not to find clothing relevant, even if you only do so sub-consciously. Over course, after you created a bond with someone, you might not care for it as much and say the contrary, but if they were to dress neatly or stop doing so you will eventually come to recognize a certain value to it.