GAGers! According to you , women from which country wears more makeup?

title says it all! According to you women from which country wears more makeup?
images.idiva.com/.../5_step_to_makeup.jpg
paowmagazine.com/.../Makeup.jpg

0|0
20|16

Most Helpful Girl

• Asian countries.. Forsho

1|1
    5|0
    • Show All
    • You shouldn't worry about downvotes. They are a feature with no meaning (atleast till now that I can gather). End of the day it's about perception and people get offended for little or no reason especially in texts like out here :-)

• @HandsomeRaj thank you for your input.. I understand people get quite offended so easily.. Each to their own

What Guys Said 16

• Make up is the right of a woman like are so many other things so never really thought about it as to which country's women wear most make up.

I have come across in some random discussion a while ago that it's Latin American women but I think it's Middle East (UAE more specifically) where women wear most make up ;-) whichever way under the hijab one can't make out whether they're wearing make up or not & it's prohibited to lift the veil in public or in presence of men :-D

0|0
    0|0
  • Japan perhaps? Those Kabuki wear quite a bit! :P

1|1
    0|0
  • The USA I guess?

4|0
    1|0
  • Middle Eastern women. Specially the ones you see in UAE. They could be locals but a lot are from outside. Gosh !! Those lip liners are DARK !!

3|0
    0|0
    • yeah dark lip liners is a big NO when it comes to makeup

• Yeah - and I lives in UAE for a few years and always used to wonder about those dark lip liners and the heavy paint job on the lips.

• On a day to day basis I'd guess probably USA or another one of the G8 countries. Makeup costs a lot of money, after all.

1|0
    0|0
  • females in Thessaloniki from Greece, they're like clowns

0|0
    1|0
  • Not sure but I heard women from Russia wear tons of makeup.

3|0
    1|0
  • France, Spain, most of the Latin America

0|0
    0|0
  • Any OSCE country i am guessing. probably due to cost? I dunno, i'd have to see women from every country to make an accurate assessment.

1|0
    0|0
  • probably the USA

1|1
    0|0
  • Russia imho.

1|0
    0|1
  • Have not come across single woman who wouldn't want to wear makeup. Be it graduation or funerals' they just wanna do it no matter what occasion.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Lol so now not wearing makeup makes me manly? Haha jk jk :)

• I never say manly. I meant "You're the man" = you're on top! ~ you're untouchable! ~ you're great! ~ you're outstanding! ~ you're the best at what you do!

• somewhere in asia easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • United Kingdom, parts of Europe and Russia

1|0
    0|1
  • i don't like girls with make up :S i find them more attractive without make up

1|0
    1|0
  • I would say Ukraine

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• When I lived in eastern Europe, I thought girls wore too much make up.

Since I moved to the UK, I was shocked to see just how much English girls wear and it's always overdone and extremely tacky.

- sharpie eyebrows
    - face caked with foundation
    - fake lashes that are very obvious
    - raccoon eyes

If you look up this show called The Only Way Is Essex - that's a good example of what average girls in the UK make themselves look like.

2|1
    1|0
    • UK? okay will check this out

• Show All
    • that's odd. i would think that the girls in the uk would have more skills considering that MAC originted there

• @COCOCHANEL

You'd also expect the English to be able to speak/type in their own language better too, but I keep getting asked to spell check CVs and such and I'm a bloody foreigner, lol.

• I've met people from different countries and it really depends on each person. You can't say a country.
    All I can say is all those girls with a ton of makeup are crazy...

2|0
    0|0
  • i don't know but makeup is so important in japan. it's a woman's duty to look presentable when in front of others and especially in front of her man. even when at home.

during sports is excusable.

3|0
    0|0
  • Definitely between the uk and the usa.

4|0
    0|0
  • Japan by far, and I don't mean just the geisha makeup. I mean that the pop culture of Japan is so artistic, creative, and unique. The makeup trends there I think go past everyone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think USA. But there are really good stuff there and it is not visible a lot.

2|0
    0|0
  • The Middle East? Isn't that where perfect eye-liner comes from? All humble for God with perfect eye make-up lol

0|0
    1|0
  • Khaliji Arabs. They don't just wear a lot of it, they wear it as tastelessly as they can. Search in google

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, maybe USA because I see so many female GAGers wear much more make-up than I do. Haha :)

1|0
    1|0
    • i prefer to show the real me so that people won't get shocked when one day i go without :P

• Show All
    • dui ta men hen xi huan zhi ji pian zhi ji...:D i think same as u wo bu xi huan 浓妆艳抹

• they may just do it to look nice in pics. that's what i do anyway.

• hard to tell actually
    i only know i dont like make up :P

2|0
    0|0
  • I would guess France or Lebanon

0|1
    2|0
  • America easily, or maybe Asia

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never seen anything like Gulf countries women's exaggerated make up.
    They turn to monsters many times.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think from Russia and Ukraine..

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably Asians, Chinese, Korean and Japanese

2|0
    1|0
  • i think western countries cause Asian women have the nicest skin bareface. :) not full of pimples

1|0
    0|0
    • Ohemgee? Yes I dont Asian women uses that much

• Show All
    • I agreed too :)

• i think it's mainly because of their diet and skin care. i'm Asian but i'm not saying i have the nicest skin haha. i think you have nice skin kangy ;)

• maybe england.

0|0
    0|0
  • UK and Russia lol

0|0
    0|0
  • absolutely Russia & Brazil

1|0
    0|1