Corsets or Shapewear (spanx)?

Women would you wear a corset or a spanx to look slimmer, sexier and more elegant? Do you think that wearing a corset or a spanx means you don't accept your body as it is and it's anachronistic or shameful? What would you wear of those two and why? How to choose the right corset or spanx?

Men what do you think of a woman wearing a corset or a spanx? Is it a turn on or a turn off? Do you associate it with certain types of women or behaviour? Do you consider women who wear a spanx fat or those who wear a corset slutty?

Shapewear-spanx:

www.mamaknowsdubai.com/.../KLynnPlungePromo.jpg

i.huffpost.com/.../o-SPANX-facebook.jpg

Corsets:
www.lovesickcorrectiveapparel.com/.../...ality.jpg

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images

http://prntscr.com/4rb56e

• Corsets
  • Spanx
  • Both
  • None
  • I don't care

Most Helpful Guy

• Shapewear often does more harm than good (it interfears with your body shape oddly and results in weird bulging rather than the weight being where it should be).

Corsetry is great. Attractive, shapely and classy. But it works better as a fassion statement than a figure shaper (the stuff which actually does shape your figure naturally is expensive and bad for your health). lot of lasses find it even less comfortable though.

• Yes I heard that if the shapewear is too tight this weird bulging happens, because the extra fat has to go somewhere.

And I really like corsets. I 'd like to use it both as a fashion statement and a figure shaper (but nothing extreme of course). But the majority of those that lingeries stores, or alternative stores sell do nothing for shaping the body and they are not of a good quality. I heard that the best corsets are custom made and are really expensive.. I'd like to know if any internet store has good and not insanely expensive corsets and can ship to my country.

• Thanks for the info! So you think that a corset costing 70-150 euro would be worthy to buy?

• Probably. You might find that the eyelets the laces go through pop off very quickly (which is easily reparable or ignorable) , and after heavy wear the seams open a little, but it's not going to critically fail any time soon. and will look stunning in the mean time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Corsets. They're more for fashion that actual shaping these days.
    Spanx really do mean you're not happy with your body and want to look slimmer. Corsets aen't deceiving, while spanx are.

• I'd like to look a bit slimmer but spanx seems too ugly to me. It's more affordable that a good corset though. I'd love to have a corset, because it seems both slimming and beautiful to me, and can be worn both as an underwear and outerwear.

• Cool! Thank you. =)

• you're welcome!

What Guys Said 6

• Corsets are a turn-on. (Even if they're not tight. It's just a cool item of clothing.)
    Shapewear is interesting, but doesn't really do anything for me.
    I don't think there's anything slutty about wearing a corset. Sure, it's somewhat bedroom-wear-ish, but whatever. They're cool and I wish you saw more of them in public.

• Corsets can be worn both as underwear or outerwear actually. Shapewear is mostly worn as undergarments to make a woman look thinner or more lean.

• both are super sexy i don't know what it is about them they both turn me on as if they were lingerie but I think it's sad when heavy women wear it to make themselves look skinnier instead of exercising

• I agree that it's not an excuse for not working out, but it sure helps the body to look thinner and leaner.

• corsets ftw / spanx bruuhh

• corset all the way

• I love corsets during foreplay.

• Does that stuff actually work?

What Girls Said 13

• Corsets.. Because they are gorgeous to wear with a nice pair of jeans.. Not spandex, i love my body, and i think wearing a corset shows it better then spandex.. They are designed to hide certain parts of your body, slim this area and lift that area.. So no to spandex but yes to corsets

• I wear corsets, not only do they look good... they do wonders for my posture. I have a bone disorder and I'm positive that I have mild scoliosis (even though my doctor hasn't said anything about that). But corsets really help me sit and stand straighter

• I heard that they weaken the back muscles though. Is that true?

• I think only if you wear it all the time with no rest... my doctor thought it was a good idea to get corsets... either that or a bulky back brace

• Corset seems to work better than spandex as shaping your body more. Spandex won't do the job as well as a corset in your waist area. In the end I don't care so much but would like to own a corset to me they're pretty lol

• I want to get a corset top but have it not look super duper slutty, like the pink one above barely covers her nipples, the black looks more appropriate

• If I were overweight or lumpy I would wear spanx. They're more comfortable and corsets are not only slutty and obvious, but hazardous to one's health.

I would wear a corset with a lingerie set, though. Just not as a way of temporarily slimming down or waist training.

• I'm not going to try and squeeze into shape wear, or a get squeezed by a corset. I'll just do without, thanks.

• Corsets are sexier

• shape wear is incredibly uncomfortable, but I do own a couple of corsets. They're much more of accentuating what you have so I have no qualms about them.

• I wouldn't fake any curves... be natural, be yourself and flaunt what God gave you, not what you wish you had.

• Ok the corset isn't gonna do mush except disfigure your bones try a waist trainer

• I have two corsets but I just wear them with jeans for parties every now and then. I like them and they look good but I don't normally wear them. If I'm out having fun, I'm more into the simple stuff like casual tee and shorts

• I love corsets I would never wear a spanx.

• I understand wearing it with certain dresses and skirts. Not everyone is blessed with a really "smooth" appearance. Personally, I have hip dips so in a dress it is exaggerated. 38.media.tumblr.com/...z49SpHQ1qeu3jjo1_r1_500.jpg

If I were to wear a form fitting dress or skirt, I'd probably try to tame my hips with shapewear.

• Also- as a note to the picture, its not unrealistic, plenty of women don't have hippy dippies.

• But what if I get more intimate with someone? When I undress he'll see it

• If you're planning on getting intimate, or there's a chance, wear something that doesn't require a smooth look