Bun and Glasses: Yay or Nay?

As in:

bloggojane.files.wordpress.com/.../...-glasses.jpg

41.media.tumblr.com/.../...aUqpz1r8obc9o1_1280.jpg

I'm not into clothes or fashion but one thing I'm very interested in is hair. I feel that hair has a LOT of affect on one's overall appearance and I like to branch away from basic hairstyles and do complex ones. Sometimes, though, it's just plain easier to go back to basics, and I'd like to get you all's opinion on this basic hairstyle + glasses combo (as glasses can clash with certain styles).

So, bun and glasses: Cute, or too granny-esque?

• I can dig it!
  • No. Just no.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it has a lot of difference when it comes to resting facial expression. That expression can be the difference between a librarian, granny, or just a regular girl.

On the other hand, slightly 'messy' looking buns can look pretty good, dependent on the person as well.

What Guys Said 34

• A girl wearing her hair up in a bun is the easiest way to decrease all of her sex appeal. Not that girls have to make themselves look absolutely beautiful 24/7, but wearing a bun does nothing to increase your attractiveness.

When I think of a woman wearing a bun, I think of a librarian or my grandma.

And do I want to date, spend extended time with, or do anything physical with my grandma? NO, i don't.

The glasses doesn't have any real effect either way. The bun though, I don't understand why girls ever style their hair with one. It makes you look like an old lady.

• "too granny-esque" <--- exactly

• I don't like high bun. But lower and loose bun with glasses, they are so hot.

• Some can look funky in that combo. Experiment and see if you like the way you look. Don't style and dress yourself whichever way you don't feel happy in.

• Hell yes! But I'm willing to bet that any hair style you try, is going to end up with you looking beautiful. :)

• Depends. Some girls have the look to pull it off others not so much. The women in these pictures look great in that style. Its up yo you to decide if you like how it looks on you.

• The second girl is just stunning. It's a lot about make up and particularly lipstick.

• I think glasses can be cute and ponytails can be really endearing in a "girl next door" kinda way, but buns... for some reason I really don't like those. LOL. Especially the super high ones.

• I always think of you when I wear mine lol... at least once a week and super high!

• I think my fave looks weird in a ponytail because it pulls it flat on top. But a bun slims my face and it doesn't make me look bald...

• @BelleGirl21 Hahahahahaha yeah I kind of feel like I am the anti-bun coalition leader at GaG. LOL

@Littlett25 Face-slimming makes sense. When I shave I feel like I've added ten pounds, so I get it.

• Looks amazing on girls, but not those two. You picked some of the worst examples lol.

• I know, I now regret my choice of visual examples :P I just quickly grabbed some images off Google and completely ignored their hipster glasses that don't even look anything like mine haha. Well actually if the second chick's glasses didn't have that black rim on top and was just a thin metal frame all around then yeah, her glasses would be just like mine, same shape and whatnot.

• The bottom chick looks ridiculous honestly.
      Her bun is way too high and fat, and her glasses are disgusting lol.

• Yeah my bun (when straightened, which is rarely but is now) looks like the first girl's.

• Heck yeah, I love when girls do that!

• It's nice but on pic nr 2 the lipgloss is a big turn-off. It draws all the attention and it's so far from natural.
    On pic nr 1 the lip gloss is far better and the overall look is absolutely fine!

• Just as clothing can be age-appropriate, so can this look. It's out of place on these youthful models and emphasizes their immaturity.

• Yes , remind ne of some hot teachers back on my teeenager days😂
    also , it looks comfortable for her..

• A bun can look intelligent, business-like, sharp and well dressed... if worn with business clothing, like a suit and or a shirt/blouse for example, would be very hot (think classy sexy lawyer!). But I think it risks looking cheap if its worn with dress down or sports wear (I'm thinking UK chav girls, not a good look!). Regardless, a pony tail is the hottest girl next door look for all occasions! :)

• Don't like buns. Love glasses.

• Yes i like it she's pretty :P

• Yeah but I like messy buns more.

• messy bun look good only.

these pictures look funny, similar to the apple that is placed on head and shot by a pistol.

• Love the glasses not so much the bun:)

• i love buns and glasses dont mean much to me, i can do with or without glasses

• Looks slightly oriental in origin

• The glasses yes, but I don't like the hair so much

• This is a very interesting topic. Some might say you look a bit funny etc., but style is really up to yourself.

• It's sexy, buy guys think your boring in bed.

• Not so much make up please !!

• I like the look myself. Classy with an undertone of sexy

• Well evertone has A different opinion , I like what U want to do !!

• No. Probably works for TSwift tho.

• I find it attractive.

• I voted No because you have some beautiful looking hair. Let that down and let the wind mess it up a little. The nerdy look is one of my favorites. Maybe try the picture frame bangs?

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 27

• thats like, my thing now haha, seriously. but MUCH more messy.

looks a lot like this:
    media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...4f8ac35759b7.jpg

• That's cute! I like how relaxed it looks (sometimes buns can look uptight). My hair doesn't really do well with messy styles, though, like it has no middle ground. It either looks super neat or a super mess xD

• yeah same.
      oh ok, well both can look just as good:)

• I like it, but more like this, though:

data.whicdn.com/.../...0Ra1qcugnso1_1280_large.jpg

• Sorry but no. I am going to be hated for this but I dislike buns with passion. I only wear them at home.

• Do you actually need glasses? If yes then yeah it's a cute look, go for it. If no, don't wear glasses. No one likes a poser.

• Yeah my vision is deplorable. Usually I wear contacts but I'm not going to be able to get more for a while so I'm stuck with my glasses for now. I've been more conscious of what hairstyles I wear because some just don't look right with my glasses at all.

I know what you mean about fake glasses though. I have a friend or two that wear fake glasses : No. Just no.

• Yeah I'm lucky and have 20/20 and think its so ignorant when people who also have 20/20 wear glasses to make a "statement", they're usually not even fake. Idiots gonna fuck up their eyes.
      Don't be self conscious of wearing glasses if you need them though. I think most people look smarter and more attractive with them.

• In general, yes, but on the photo it looks way too stiff, kind of like a teacher, you know? Try making the bun a little more loose :)

• As someone who is wearing big glasses and a bun now, I vote yay.

• Wow, I'm surprised at the guys' responses! Just goes to show that what women find fashionable is definitely not the same was what guys find appealing

• I think some girls can pull it off but in my opinion is looks a little homely on the majority... I think having a bit of a lower and messier bun makes it look better lol.

• It depends on who it's on, but most of the time it gives you a warm, mellow feel like when you look at your grandma.

• I don't know, Im not into those kinds of buns. I do more the chignon type stuff.
    However, the glasses are cool.

• Hmm yeah it's nearly a yay for me lol

• my hair is currently in a bun and i'm wearing glasses lol. so yes i can dig it!

• Cute on a lot of girls but depends on your face

• i like a nice balleria bun, not a fan of glasses though

• Really pretty! :D You have perfected the bun very well! Very hipster.

• usually yay, on those girls nay.

• i personally don't like it but if you can pull it off then do it up.

• Depends on the person some people make it look just WHOA and others well yeah granny

• They look cute! :-)

• yes it's easy and can be fun when done right, like don't just do a ten second bun and put the glasses on without make up, it's also nice with an over sized jumper

• I think you can rock it... but personally I can't stand females with that shit so high... like how do they get in the car without hitting it...

• Yeppppppppppppp! Looks great!!!

• depends on the person I think :)

• Yay! Eyeglasses and messy buns!

• I'd prefer glasses and messy bun. :)

• Finally! I have to wear glasses and I like to keep my hair out of my face, so I always wear it in a high bun if I don't straighten it. Actually, buns look better on me. I did that doughnut bun thing at my second cousin's henna night and it looked pretty good. I even took selfies with my aunt's iPhone 5, which normally I can't because I'm suffering from NFCS (No Front Camera Syndrome).

• Top-knot and hipster "nerd glasses" and bright lipstick. Eh
    Sorry, but that's just my honest opinion. Nay