Too insecure to wear a bikini? Advice please?

I'm 5'8 and I only weigh 130 pounds. When I was in 8th grade, I had a 6 inch growth spurt, which made me go from 5'1 to 5'7. I became very skinny when I grew that much.

People told me I looked like a boy, that I should never wear a bathing suit because I'm flat-chested/ugly/ look like a stick etc...

I never got back my confidence and as a result, and haven't worn a bikini in 5 years~

I'm living in a tropical climate and I feel embarrassed to show my body even in the slightest.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol you shouldn't feel embarrassed. I'm 5'7 and 134 pounds, and me and my best friend been called a stick a lot but you shouldn't let that bother you. Wear the bikini, and when people look at you, don't pay them any mind because why should you care about what someone else think if they don't know who you are.

What Guys Said 4

• These "people" you're referring to have no business determining how you feel about yourself. People, especially young ones, tend to say stupid things with no foresight or regard for how much damage it can cause to someone's psyche. You may have let the "little jerks" of the world actually control your world. Do not allow this to happen to yourself.

You pass the eye test. You would look great in a bikini because you seem to be in great shape. I know it's hard to overcome this mental hurdle, but just realize that the opinions you heard are not necessarily true and you shouldn't live your life by their words.

• but I barely have any body fat which=less boobs.
      Boobs are made of fat.. I just wish I were short and curvy. That's currently the beauty ideal in today's world

• You don't need bigger boobs.

Now, don't get me wrong, there will be plenty of obnoxious guys that yammer on about boobs, but as they mature, most of them understand how little boobs actually matter in what makes a woman beautiful.

• Think this way, you shouldn't be trying to attract the jerks out there that only care about your body. I'm being 100% honest, and I think I said it before, but you are very pretty. You shouldn't be afraid to wear one, I see "flat-chested" girls wear them all the time. Everyone says this, but love yourself and others will love you!

• technically, no woman can be literally "flat chested".. it's just a word I use to make everything sound worse than it is

• I know, that's why I put it in quotation marks.

• You look like a very pretty young woman, so, instead of being insecure, be brave, and don the bikini

As for what others say, know, that most that say cruel things to you do because they are insecure/jealous

• I doubt that. Go out there and wear that bikini. Don't listen to people like that

What Girls Said 2

• That's a hard one... Maybe wear a padded bikini? Try wearing a one piece because they might make you less insecure. The main thing is to except that it's your body and you can't really change how it looks! Flaunt the parts of your body you love like your legs or I don't know... feet? Embrace it! :D (Sorry... got a bit carried away in my speech >.<)

• I have a mental disorder that prevents me from liking any part of my body. I'm just generally ugly I guess

• Please don't change for anyone else! You are not ugly! If you are beautiful inside than people will enjoy your company much more. I'm a 16 year old girl and I always hate at least one part of my body... the main thing is that I can use it. Don't take it for granted (wow that quickly got really deep... O. o)

• think about it like this there is only one of you there is nobody else like you, you have to be confident in who you are and what you look like. so what if someone doesn't like you or thinks your ugly or what ever the case is. they are haterz like taylor swit say the haterz gonna hate you need to know that you are amazing and beautiful and it should nobody"s say that you arnt