Are chokers/collar accessories seen as sexual?

I have recently found myself buying chokers. More specifically little leather collars with cute felt or bells even spikes. Now I never thought of them as anything other than an innocent necklace to spice up an outfit, but my exchange student brought to my attention that they make me look like an M in the S&M relationship. Do guys see them as sexual or innocent?

cdn.shopify.com/.../QQ_20150214030553_large.jpg

cdn.shopify.com/.../...8e47-213c4d09be3f_large.jpg

cdn.shopify.com/.../...8926-f1a92ab56ee6_large.png

Most Helpful Guy

• thats not sexual

• Thank you thats what I thought. Just a punk rock or japanese style.

What Guys Said 6

• The first is not bdsm implying. Though it's hot.

The actual collars are bondagey

• I don't see any sign of sexuality from those. Just a type of fashion.

• I don't like the spiked ones. But as for the others, i think they are extremely cute! However, i don't think they have anything to do with sex.

• I don't think so. I just see them as choker necklaces. I don't get it but get as long as you like it :)

• this makes me happy, I was embarrassed to wear them because I thought men would look at them as sexual.

• Don't be embarrassed!! If they ask if you are, you can answer them or just walk away! :)
      But don't stop wearing them cuz of what guys might think

• A girl wearing a dog collar seems insanely sexual lol

• The first pic is really pretty, the other two seem pretty kinky to me...

What Girls Said 3

• Your friend doesn't know what she is talking about. M stands for masochist. It means you enjoy receiving pain.

What it is reminiscent of is the collar a submissive may wear (as in a Dominant and submissive e relationship, being 'collared' generally means you are in a serious relationship with a Dominant partner), but it doesn't mean you are a submissive it just means you like dog collars and chokers. I used to wear a little pink dog collar when I was younger and thought I was cool.

• Yeah she is from a different country though, she was just telling me in her country, it is seen as extremely sexual.

• People can infer what they want, fact of the matter is it's a choker. It's not like you will have people asking you about bdsm or if you are owned or some shit like that.

Just wear what makes you happy.

• No it's just a fashion trend

• I don't think it looks sexual you do you