Why are clothes more revealing nowadays?

I know there's the feminist and they're trying to stop slut shaming. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I don't think slut shaming is okay;however, I think trashy clothes are gross.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess it is because every year they try to create more attractive styles than the year before. Unfortunately, they can't think of anything more attractive other than making it more revealing, when in fact, there are lots of non-revealing clothes but with classy and prestigious style. For me, I still think that long dresses and skirts can be way more attractive than shorts if the proper touches were added.

For example, yesterday I saw this rare view of a girl wearing half-sleeved, long and loose black dress with a light golden floral embroidery that matched her hair color. If she wasn't busy, I was really gonna ask her from where she got that dress. 😮

What Guys Said 6

• Clothes are a personal choice and we can't dictate what people should wear - I agree that very revealing clothes are not my personal preference.

• Define trashy. What I do notice, is that women are using shorter shorts, just barely covering the butt checks. Some look great. but have some class. There are also some other styles that are "conservative" that allow you to show off your body (if that is the intention).

• Because women believe its fun to dress like sluts and men shouldn't be aloud to treat them as such.

• I have no idea, as a man I do kind of like anticipation, but that's just me.
    Sometimes I like to come home and she's pretty much naked on the counter with this look on her face. Sometimes I like to peel her out of her clothes, sometimes I rip them off (and pay through the nose for new ones but WORTH IT). Depends on the mood really.

• You are not the only. And THATBRITISHLAD is wrong because despite global warming Middle Eastern countries and Asian countries are the one with the most humble clothes.

• It really depends on where you are living

• What do you mean, Sam?

• Religions. Some religions do allow women to wear anything , and some dont. Where i am living right now , nobody wears something revealing.

• I'm Fart and I approve this message.

Most people dress depending on weather. I don't see how clothes are more revealing...

What Girls Said 12

• People buy into the hype that being hot is the way to get a relationship and people are selling their bodies to achieve that goal.

• Not all clothing is revealing, that depends on a persons taste in fashion. I like modest fashions like fairy kei, Lolita, gyaru, and himekaji because they're not too revealing. However, they are expensive so I don't have a closet full of them. You just have to find what you want.

• I KNOW OMG. like i hate it when i find the perfect thing but it's too short or too booby! -.-

it is annoying because it's becoming much harder to find something decent to wear.

• I blame the internet.

• It's not the clothes per se, it's the way women combine them in revealing outfits. Slut shaming is not good, because it doesn't help the woman in question. I think that baring it all means a person doesn't respect himself-herself, it takes away all the mystery and other people's respect. Plus, if revealing photoes of you end up in social media, it will be hard to find a job in the future.

• I only really see revealing clothes on a night out or a festival.

People can wear whatever they like. Also it depends what you mean by trashy.

www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.net/.../...mure_03a.jpg

• i guess some people feel the need to show off their assets

• Because it's the fashion industry coupled with the media.

• Well I'm all for let people wear whatever they want to wear. The only think that I dislike is those short shorts that shows half your butt. But still who am I to judge right..

• i have no idea but i dont think its very attractive. almost every girl has her stomach showing and its not attractive in my opinion.

• What exactly do you think "trashy clothes" are?

• everyone I see wears tshirts. I don't see any with cleavage.