Do you think all females need to wear fitted clothing to be attractive?

Or is it possible/ maybe even more attractive when a female doesn't care about fashion trends and just dresses for comfort wearing cozy oversized shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, skirts and dresses in layers? Personally, I think the most attractive chicks are the ones who wear baggy layered clothes for comfort and don't spend so much time getting dolled up on a daily basis.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know I'm not a man but personally, no, I don't think women need to wear form-fitting clothing to be attractive. I think sometimes women who just wear T-shirts and sweatpants with little to no makeup can be just as attractive, if not more attractive, than a woman who puts a lot of effort into her appearance.

• If you have a good face, you don't need a body. But when you don't have a face, you either are a great talker/great personality or you gotta show your body in some way. It doesn't have to be expensive, it doesn't have to be super tight or slutty, but cmon

Most Helpful Guy

• No!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    No no no no no no no and again, NO!
    Women do NOT need to wear skin-tight EVERYTHING in order to be attractive. Not only are skinny jeans POINTLESS because of the knobby ripples they ALWAYS make around the knees, but every time I see a woman wearing something super tight, all I can think about is how PAINFUL that looks... and then I get overwhelmed with thoughts about how women are oppressed by society, and I stop getting turned on and start getting depressed! :(
    Burn the fashion industry!

What Girls Said 25

• Not at all. Wearing formfitting clothes may attract attention, but that doesn't necessarily make you attractive. Likewise, wearing baggy clothes may not attract much attention, but that doesn't necessarily make you unattractive.

Also, it's not just for comfort. I genuinely like that look.

• Whatever makes her feel pretty. The most beautiful females I've seen are the ones who don't have to doll up just to look pretty. But that doesn't mean they don't feel good about themselves for just wearing their sweatshirts, hoodies, and over sized shirts and whatnot. They can wear them and not feel pretty, which won't make them as attractive

• In my experience you don't need to wear fitted cloths to be attractive. I have seen many girls that wear baggy clothing that are still getting asked out, and called attractive.

• It really depends on your preference. There is no objective "attractive". But that said, the standard of beauty in our society does involve women wearing more feminine and fitted clothing, so more people will likely find that attractive.

Now, for me personally I think it's most attractive when women just dress how they prefer, whether that be more traditionally feminine or more masculine. For my own personal style of dress, I tend to mostly wear t-shirts and tank tops and jeans, though I do prefer at least slightly fitted clothing over just unisex t shirts and so forth, and I do on occasion like dressing in actually fairly feminine clothing.

• Loose clothing is more preferable than women who clear clothing that is too tight. I mean really ladies: face the facts, either open your purse for clothes that fit or just don't go out with everything bulging... eh.

Also, plenty of thrift stores with brand new clothes or newish that are cheap and easy on your account. No excuse to be busting out of your shirts and jeans.

It's mostly denial that drives women who wear too-small-of-sizes.

• i certainly dont. i believe a woman can look absolutely stunning while in very casual clothes too.

• 2|3
  • I think an attractive girl is an attractive girl no matter what she wears, but most guys will notice her more if she dresses up in stylish fitted clothing. Because it shows she takes care of herself. A lot of people care about image these days so having a beautiful in style woman on your arm probably makes the man feel good. Boosts up his ego. Also fitted clothing gives the guy an idea of what she possibly looks like naked. It seems to be an unintentional ways of thinking but from what I see often with my guy friends that's how it is. To be honest it's the same for girls.
    It's lustful driven. Even people that aren't typically shallow do this. Because it's what you see up front.

• I think that people should have a sense of style and don't follow trends blindly. It's important to be able to discern what looks good on you and what doesn't and wear clothes that reflect your personality. Other than that, wearing appropriate clothes for each occasion shows good manners. I mean, sweatshirts and oversized shirts are appropriate for the gym, while more formal clothes are appropriate to go out. It's not a bad thing to put some effort to look good, as long as this doesn't reach insane levels or you end up looking trashy.

• It depends on their figure. I know that when hourglass figure women wear looser things they may look chubby, where as their flat belly may be hiding underneath that huge shirt which is hoisted by big breasts...
    While thin women can wear absolutely anything and look good.

• No of course not. Fitting clothing doesn't make us attractive. It may make us look more sexy but that's about it.

If a girl is attractive she will still look attractive in whatever she's wearing even if it's just a tshirt and sweats. And if an unattractive girl wears tight clothes the rest of her body might look appealing but that's not going to change her face just like the attractive girk 's won't change.

• No, loose fitting of the shoulder sweaters and tees are the cutest thing to ever happen to fashion.

• It's not that it's in trend, it's just MY style of clothing choice and that happens to be form fitting. At work, I represent my company and work with other companies so I need to look presentable. If I could wear sweat pants, biker leather pants to work I bloody would but I can't. I do that during the weekdays, but weekends? Bring out the sweatpants, tshirts, motorbike jerseys, cargo pants etc

• I think there's a fine line between fitted and tight sometimes!

• I don't give a stinkin crap about trends yet I've been told many times that something like a sweatshirt or sweatpants looks good on me or that someone likes a t-shirt I have on even it's plain--my boyfriend especially.

A woman doesn't have to wear trends or makeup or stuff in her hair or a certain type of clothing or shoes to be pretty. To think such a thing is shallow.

• NO
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

• I'm sorry, but I like my clothes fitted and fitted does not mean uncomfortable.

I know it's a personal choice and if people want to hide away under baggy sweatshirts etc, that's fine.

But for me, I like to make a little more effort, I find it a shame that so many people just throw on some clothes meant for the gym and think "that will do".

• I think people who dress for themselves or function are the most attractive because theyre confident or at least theyre in a comfy outfit :)

• I think as long as they like what they're wearing and they feel comfortable and awesome in it, it doesn't matter. Different girls have different styles and they pretty much all look good. :)

• No they don't have to. If you feel confident you can definitely rock sweatshirts, hoodies and oversized shirts and still look attractive.

• nope some girls are really thin and look better in big clothing

• I bike a lot so i prefer comfy so like baggy
    ... kinda better than its not all abouty body. neat though

• They're preferable to me but I'm on the thicker side so baggy clothes can look quite frumpy

• Not at all!

• No. Loose clothing can be very cute

What Guys Said 13

• I'm not into fashion, at all. Pair of jeans and a flannel shirt in the winter is fine with me. Jeans or shorts and a T-shirt is fine in the summer. So comfy and practical. Whatever she can throw in in 30 seconds that keeps her covered and warm. Shoes aren't necessary.

• All that comfortable stuff, if it is nice and suits her and is clean, can look good.

However! (there's always a however) I have a friend who usually dressed like that. One night, however, we were going to a birthday party and she decided to go all out, pulled a cute fitted dress, heels, hair band, make up, jewellery, the whole shebang out of her closet.

When she showed up at my apartment for dinner before we headed out, my jaw hit the floor. She thought it was hilarious, because I'd never seen her dressed up like that before.

I've had similar reactions when I wear a suit and tie. I almost never do, but when I show up looking sharp, people love it because it's a surprise and unexpected.

So yeah, you don't *have to* scrub up every single day, but it doesn't hurt when you do.

• It depends, not all the guys consider every type of women's clothing as attractive. For example, I like sporty, casual, military and gothic style on girls, but some other men prefer "classy", or "formal" style of clothing (which I dislike).
    Basically, I like girls in jeans, shorts, sweatpants, t-shirts, tank tops, sneakers etc.
    I really dislike "dolled up" girls who wear tons of makeup, heels, hi-fashion dresses etc.

• you better be really hot, if you are gonna dress like a bum
    and that requires a beautiful face

i think everyone should wear fitted clothing

• I... Don't... Care,
    Like it's not my body, my child, hell my girlfriend doesn't belong to me. She wants to get dolled up and look good, go for it. I only request you ain't doing it for every guy who throws you a good look cause THEN we'll have issues.

• Not at all. Clothing is all about accentuating your best features. If the woman has great curves than tight fitting clothing makes sense. If they don't have the same curves but have great legs, a more loose fitting top with a pair of shorter shorts might be a better option. This way she removes attention from her upper body and places it on her legs. It is certainly possible for women to be attractive without wearing tight clothes.

• Not really, but modesty is the most important thing to me finding a girl attractive. Gigantic cleavage? I assume you're making up for some personality failing.

• I agree sometimes the casual comfy look can look attractive

• NO. You all have unique figures, no female body is the same as the next in line, so different shapes means different clothing (fitted or not-fitted)

• There's a time and a place for everything. I appreciate when my girl makes an effort in those times and places.

And even in lazy nights on the couch, I love it when she wears her booty shorts.

• It's about wearing something that looks nice on you , fitted or not...
    I agree that fitted clothes outline the features of the body , though

• Actually women who don't dress like wrapped sausage always look more attractive than women who insist on packing their shit in as tight as they can.

Slutty isn't sexy, it's trashy and indicates all you are actually good for and what you expect to be treated like.

A girl in a business suit, or a business dress, a girl in baggy lounge wear, or a girl with a normal non-tight outfit will always be more attractive than an attention whore.

• Whatever the weather is, you're not going to dress in sweaters during the summer, right?