Cartilage piercing on both ears or one?

i finally got permission to get my cartilage done, but are you suppose to get it on one ear, or both? And does it hurt a lot? Did you get it done with a gun? How do you sleep on it?

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't hurt; Get it done with a needle, not a gun.

What you get depends on what you want. I've got a helix in one, and a conch in the other, but an asymmetrical look doesn't look all that bad.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• I'd sugest to start with one ear first coz it can be a bit uncomfortable the first few weeks. I have an industrial piercing so I have a hole in the cartilage and it took me some time to get used to it, specially when I wanted to sleep, so yeah, maybe try one ear first and then when you're used to it, go for the other one.
    Mine hurt just a bit and they did it with a needle

• I got two done on one ear.

• I got mine on December 13th in my left ear (i let my sister have the other earring) it feels like a pinch, not too bad really. Sleeping is a bit more difficult but usually i just cup my hand around my ear when i want to sleep on that side :)

• Just one ear lol. It doesn't hurt a lot trust me. Don't get it done with a gun get it done with a needle at a professional piercing/tattoo place. Not somewhere cheap and shitty like Claire's. If you get it done with a gun it can shatter your cartilage and never heal. Mine took a whole year to heal though I ended up getting hypertrophic scarring but that's gone now. Everyone is different just don't sleep on it and take good care of it and you'll be fine. It should heal in about 3-6 months

• cartillage piercing looks good on only one ear

• I think it's usually done in one ear. I got a double helix done with a needle & it didn't hurt too bad. It was like a little pinch.