Do you like the ultra modern look on girls?

It's become a very common style that is widespread on social media sites like Instagram. Typical age range for it is mid teens to early 20s. Best described as I'm-not-trying-yet-I-really-am, it typically involves very precise makeup (sharp eyeliner wings and drawn/shaped eyebrows) with relaxed hair and clothes that are just tight or short enough to show off, but just loose or sporty enough to stay in line with the I'm-not-trying facade.

Now let's be honest, guys, do you like this look? If not, what look do you prefer?

• I'm attracted to that look
  • Not really attracted to that look (comment a look you prefer)
  • See results
I think many people are confused by my calling the look "ultra modern". I called it that because it's a recent style trend that has become widely popular on social media and that several younger women have gotten into. "Tumblr girl" is a more appropriate name and hopefully less confusing name for the look.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell no! These girls' personalities are just as unoriginal as their style. They are a bunch of damn sheep who blindly follow the herd yet claim that they are a special snowflake. Bitch, if you are a special snowflake then why the hell is there 50 million other girls just like you? I only date people that actually have a personality. It's disgusting and pathetic how so many people spend their whole lives trying to fit in by mimicking each other. You can never be the best you can be if all you do is copy others.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's cute but only if you're smoking hot to begin with. Otherwise you just look lazy unfortunately.

What Guys Said 46

• Ultra modern...

Like Judy Jetson?
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3223782ce8.jpg

• it's called basic bitch...

• I don't like it. I prefer girly girls that like to show off their feminine look. I don't know enough about fashion to say what that style is called, but as it is now, they are basically dressing like men. That doesn't flatter the female body type at all. That said, if a person is attractive, they can pretty much get away with wearing whatever they want and still look good. I think those women lead other women into thinking all women can look good in unflattering clothes.

• Those boots, i wish i could burn all of them.

• From that collection of items: an oversized off the shoulder style t-shirt (80s), cut off shorts (70s/80s/90s), Uggs (00s), their grandmother's hair bun (60s) and an app that makes their photos look like they were taken on crappy cheap colour film (up to 80s)

• if i already like the girl i dont care, but aside from that, the image/trend they're going for is fucking retarded.

• It loks like a lot of work trying to look like they didn't put a lot of work into it. I prefer actual casual.

• I do. If the girl is attractive, it's a pretty hot look.

• I don't really notice "style," to be honest. If a girl is attractive, I'll figure that out regardless of what she's wearing.

• Ya it definitely can be hot. I don't know, just depends on the girl. For example, some girls (like pic 1) can really pull off the big eyeglasses look, it's way adorable and attractive.

• In he last picture, those ear guages gross me out, even small ones are nasty unless the skin can still return to normal

• It's a super-sloppy, uncoordinated, fad following look. Not a fan at all. The fact that "I'm not trying" is clearly a facade makes you look like you're trying even harder than someone with a coherent style, because you're trying everything at once and you really don't know what to do.

I'd describe it more as a self-obsessed, well-to-do white girl look.

• nope I hate fads and trends.

• I'm attracted to the look, but often not the girl. It feels like she's being too fake.

• I don't find that style attractive.

• I really hate the winged eyebrows.

• I don't like it.

• No I don't like the modern look.

• Some girls can pull off big eyeglasses. Otherwise though, no. Makes women look "disposable". I don't understand how this is called ultra modern?

• Classy is an all time classic. Generally, the less fake a girl is, the more attractive she gets. For example, while plucking the eyebrows is many times a must, drawing them with a pencil looks borderline ridiculous. I personally also can't stand the UGG boots-more like uggh.

• If She's worthy of it then She looks like angel otherwise it prefer casual look cuz If I got her that is what I will be getting most of the time.

• clothes yes, makeup.. meh

• I don't really like it but I think a beautiful girl looks good in pretty much anything

• What style do you prefer?

• I don't know what you'd call it but I prefer just normal looking skirts and dresses

• Nah I prefer the women's look like in the 70's and 80's

• I'm not sure I get what you mean.

• I choose option B

• No, it's disgusting.

• I honestly like 50's styles a lot. I don't know why.

• I like the hipster look, not so much love for the trailor trash jump suit fake tan look though.

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 23