Redheads with blue eyes. Is that rare?

Redheads with blue eyes. Is that rare?

Do you think it's rare that you find a redhead with blue eyes like me? What's your opinion on redheads? Do you think they're wild like everyone says they are? Me personally, I'm very quiet and shy. Should a redhead ever color their hair or is that a big no no?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess that I will reply to this since ksoma blocked me, even after asking me a direct question. To answer his ignorant question, just because he wants to believe that they are associated that doesn't mean that they actually are. There is no such thing as objective reality. Something is not true just because he wants it to be. The fact is that they are not associated. Most people with red hair have brown, hazel, or green eyes, and few have blue eyes. Red hair and blue eyes is the rarest combination in the world.

(That, of course, includes among people with red hair. The distinction that he tried to make was ludicrous and nonsensical.)

All of this can be found will a simple Google search.

• 👆There is no such thing as subjective reality…

• The gene for red hair (MC1R) arose out of Ireland and is on chromosome 16. The gene for blue eyes (HERC2) is on chromosome 15. They are not even on the same chromosomes, so it is not even possible for them to be in any way associated (the scrientific word that he should have used was linked) with each other.

The gene for red hair is believed to have arose in Northern Ireland, but the gene for blue eyes is believed to have arose in he northwestern part of the Black Sea. Two completely different world regions. They did not come out of the same lineage.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel most red heads I've met have blue eyes.
    I feel a red head with natural brown eyes is rare. I could be wrong tho lol

• I always thought they had green eyes for some reason

• Ohh could have been green too. Sometimes the eye color looks close. Haha

What Guys Said 10

• It's not rare for a redhead, but it's rare to be a redhead with any eye color.

I don't think you should base any part of your self-impression on the rarity of your appearance. For that matter, you won't ultimately find any solace in your appearance no matter what you look like. You look fine, but don't dwell on that--dwell on your accomplishments and other positive affirmations.

I don't believe that redheads are inherently wild, but the redheaded women in my life have been... difficult. However, that doesn't account for the tens of millions of redheaded women I haven't met.

• Nah, you're unique. And with red hair *and* blue eyes, you're a double mutant! Very cool!

(I'm just a single mutant - blue eyes - which means we have a common ancestor, who, interestingly enough, didn't have blue eyes!)

• I love red haired women more than any other type of woman. And yes, blue eyes and red hair is the rarest hair/eye color combination. You make up less than 1% of the world's population.
    Keep that beautiful hair red and be proud of how rare and special you are.

• He is right. It's amazing how many people have gotten this wrong. Personal experiences don't mean a thing.

• Sorry to burst your bubble, but redheads having blue eyes is not only not rare, it is the norm. Blue and green eyes are common for redheads, as is hazel.
    Red hair and dark brown eyes? That is more rare!

• I didn't know. I've always noticed they had green eyes. Thanks for the info!

• @AmongTheApples The term redhead has been in use since at least 1510.[1] It is associated with fair skin color, lighter eye colors (gray, blue, green, and hazel), freckles, and sensitivity to ultraviolet light.[2]
      Several accounts by Greek writers mention redheaded people. A fragment by the poet Xenophanes describes the Thracians as blue-eyed and red-haired.[4]
      -wikipedia, the poor man's quick source.

Again, the very same ethnic population that spawned the gene for blue eyes also gave us red hair. Why do you think they would not associate with each other?

• There's absolutely no scientific backing to support that red hair and blue eyes are the norm. If you learn anything about genetics you will find that redheads come from northern Europe, so that means green or hazel eyes. Blue eyed people are rare enough for any hair color. Red haired women are already extremely rare, which makes a red hair and blue eyed woman even rarer.

• Redheads have blue or green eyes. It is part of the genetic package.

• not at all but Redheads as a whole are "rare".

• No it's not rare

• That's rare and sexy

• Nah I've seen gingers with blue eyes.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• Red hair is double recessive, blue eyes are just recessive. Together, they're very rare. I am incredibly attracted to redheads (not so much to blue eyes, for some reason). The only redheads I've known were all quite shy, but happy people. Should a redhead color his or her hair? Why not?

• No, I thought it's pretty common. Either blue or green eyes.

• No most redheads have either green or blues eyes, and NO redheads should never dye their hair it's such a pretty color don't try to hide it

• I don't think it's rare. But is more common to have green eyes with red hair. Don't dye your hair if you don't want to. It's a gorgeous colour.

• I'm sure Cartman would love them. Anyways lol they're pretty rare, and I think you are very pretty and please don't color your hair, it's gorgeous!

• Thanks! I colored in blonde a few years ago and hated it! Haha I went back to natural and I love it

• Good haha I used to be a natural red head, but it changed to a light brown with natural highlights. I miss my old hair. Oh well lol

• Not really! I know a lot of red heads with blue eyes. Your eyes are gorgeous though!!

• I'm a fake redhead with blue eyes lol

• I think so and I think it's pretty :)

• I think redheads with lighter colored eyes isn't uncommon

• I think its rare and oh baby is sexy! Makes me weak in the knees

• You're so pretty! Embrace your differences!

• My family is full of em. Are we cousins? 🙃