Are leather leggings waterproof?

Like, can I wear them in the rain? Sorry if the question is stupid!

Most Helpful Girl

• hahah they will acquire a... whole new texture.

If the weathered look is what yr going for, then, ironically, you might be pleased. (One of my brothers took an old leather jacket, rolled it up, and ran back and forth over it on the wet ground with his truck about 30 times... and it came out with a *very* nice, weatherbeaten patina after it dried back out.)
    Also, if they are lambskin and they're too small, this can be an effective way to stretch them -- get them wet, and then stretch the living hell out of them. (If you *don't* stretch them when they are wet, they will probably get a little smaller.)

But, nooooo they are not "waterproof", lol. Not any more
    than any other leather thing is waterproof!

What Guys Said 5

• no, just like any other leathers... Water without minerals will not harm it but any other water will damage it

• I don't know if they are waterproof, but I know that they look sexy asf haha

• I do not know about the waterproof thing, but they look hot

• leather isn't waterproof, are you serious?

• If you can't use something the way you want, it's not really worth anything anyway so try it :)

What Girls Said 5

• they might be

• I have a pair of leather leggings and they're not waterproof. However, you would look good wearing them.

• Hahaha no

• Nope, but love wearing them. They're warm

• No!!! They'll get sticky in the rain and after it dries